Share your anecdotes of psi, paranormal, etc.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully we can share anecdotes of psi, paranormal, whatever. What is interesting to me is that the experiences seem to happen to people of all religious views - yet there are patterns. I suspect there is something real behind all these anecdotes even though I have not yet found a religious view that is believable.

I was reading a book about a B-17 copilot in WWII. He related how he watched another bomber in his group suddenly bank to the right out of the formation just in time to avoid being destroyed by a flak burst where he would have been. The author later asked the pilot of the plane why he did that.
He had a look of bewilderment. His eyes wandered and then he looked straight at me and confessed. "I have no idea, Smitty...It was just an impulse...It just came to me."
("The Wrong Stuff" by Truman Smith pg 118)
The Wrong Stuff

So hopefully others will have some anecdotes to share.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,093.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was driving down a street approaching a certain intersection of two major streets. You know know they have those traffic reports on the radio about where accidents have happened? I was listening to a report which said there had just been a major accident at the intersection I was approaching. I was barely paying attention except for the fact that it caught my ear that they mentioned the intersection I was approaching. About ten seconds after hearing the report of the accident, I pulled up to the intersection and saw no wrecked cars anywhere near there; there was no accident. As I was sitting at the red light, I saw two cars slam into each very violently. Apparently the accident occurred about ten seconds after the radio report of the accident.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was driving down a street approaching a certain intersection of two major streets. You know know they have those traffic reports on the radio about where accidents have happened? I was listening to a report which said there had just been a major accident at the intersection I was approaching. I was barely paying attention except for the fact that it caught my ear that they mentioned the intersection I was approaching. About ten seconds after hearing the report of the accident, I pulled up to the intersection and saw no wrecked cars anywhere near there; there was no accident. As I was sitting at the red light, I saw two cars slam into each very violently. Apparently the accident occurred about ten seconds after the radio report of the accident.
That is a really interesting anecdote. Precognition coming through the radio is pretty unique. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's pretty wild.
These sorts of "glitches in the matrix" make me wonder what this reality-stuff is actually made of.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you know my slamming-doors-and-footsteps in the otherwise empty Elks lodge where all the doors either have buzzers, are locked, or can't slam. Other members also reported the sounds and the bartender told a story about how the lights and TV would start shuting off and on if he didn't close the bar by 1 am. Some said the building was haunted by a very dedicated leader who passed away, but I say the building was over 100 years old, not up to code, and slowly falling apart.

Several years ago we had a Beltaine party at a fellow witch's house back when I was in a group. She had put all of our coats on her bed and later in the evening I had to get my keys to move my car. As soon as I walked in the bedroom, I had an overwhelming feeling like I had to get out of there so I grabbed my coat high tailed it back to the living room though while tripping over myself to get away. I didn't say anything about it, but a few hours later and unsolicited, she told me that she believed there was a benevolent spirit that was confined to her kitchen and a malevolent spook that could move around the rest of the house.

I still don't believe in ghosts so I don't know if those count.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was reading a book about a B-17 copilot in WWII. He related how he watched another bomber in his group suddenly bank to the right out of the formation just in time to avoid being destroyed by a flak burst where he would have been. The author later asked the pilot of the plane why he did that.

("The Wrong Stuff" by Truman Smith pg 118)
The Wrong Stuff

So hopefully others will have some anecdotes to share.

I have a similar ability and I actually sometimes see what's gonna happen seconds later.

If the event happens behind me (where I can't see), I would see a golf ball-sized glowing white sphere at the side of my eyes where it is closest.

It seems some sort of advanced warning and the cues change appearance depending on event. The ability seems almost artificial technology like cybernetic AI.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think you know my slamming-doors-and-footsteps in the otherwise empty Elks lodge where all the doors either have buzzers, are locked, or can't slam. Other members also reported the sounds and the bartender told a story about how the lights and TV would start shuting off and on if he didn't close the bar by 1 am. Some said the building was haunted by a very dedicated leader who passed away, but I say the building was over 100 years old, not up to code, and slowly falling apart.

Several years ago we had a Beltaine party at a fellow witch's house back when I was in a group. She had put all of our coats on her bed and later in the evening I had to get my keys to move my car. As soon as I walked in the bedroom, I had an overwhelming feeling like I had to get out of there so I grabbed my coat high tailed it back to the living room though while tripping over myself to get away. I didn't say anything about it, but a few hours later and unsolicited, she told me that she believed there was a benevolent spirit that was confined to her kitchen and a malevolent spook that could move around the rest of the house.

I still don't believe in ghosts so I don't know if those count.
A person I know told me he had a job working on a barge that was now converted to a restaurant. While he was working late at night, he had fastened a bowling ball to something with a giant bolt as a decoration. Later he heard thump, thump, thump as the bowling ball started rolling down a stairway. He said lots of people who working on that barge thought it was haunted. (He's a pretty handy person, so I doubt if he goofed-up on securing the bowling ball, but you never know I guess.)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was 15 when one 2am past midnight, my sister awoke to a commotion in our room. It was a like a strong earthquake. Things in our room are moving on their own for no apparent reason. Metal objects are most affected. I was asleep during that time and dreaming.

My sister frantically tries to wake me up. As I woke up, the commotion ceased gradually. There was no earthquake, nor storm, it was a perfectly calm night and none of our next door neighbors were affected.

I did saw the dying commotion and the sound as I was waking up. It was relatively chaotic and my bed was shaking. There was a loud sound all around and it sounded like a tornado (or jet aircraft that is hovering) but again, there's nothing outside the house.

I did saw what appeared to be a being dressed in black running to the window and disappearing. My sister saw it as well. It's the same being I saw in the dream before my sister woke me. In the dream, the being handed me a clay seal with writings on it that looked like cuneiform (Ancient Sumerian writing). I never saw the seal again when I woke up and it may have been inside me somehow. The being told me that I'll need and will use the seal one day.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was 15 when one 2am past midnight, my sister awoke to a commotion in our room. It was a like a strong earthquake. Things in our room are moving on their own for no apparent reason. Metal objects are most affected. I was asleep during that time and dreaming.

My sister frantically tries to wake me up. As I woke up, the commotion ceased gradually. There was no earthquake, nor storm, it was a perfectly calm night and none of our next door neighbors were affected.

I did saw the dying commotion and the sound as I was waking up. It was relatively chaotic and my bed was shaking. There was a loud sound all around and it sounded like a tornado (or jet aircraft that is hovering) but again, there's nothing outside the house.

I did saw what appeared to be a being dressed in black running to the window and disappearing. My sister saw it as well. It's the same being I saw in the dream before my sister woke me. In the dream, the being handed me a clay seal with writings on it that looked like cuneiform (Ancient Sumerian writing). I never saw the seal again when I woke up and it may have been inside me somehow. The being told me that I'll need and will use the seal one day.
That reminds me of the belief that poltergeist activity is connected to children near puberty age.

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That reminds me of the belief that poltergeist activity is connected to children near puberty age.

Is there possibly a pattern? I live in a very tightly packed, crowded neighborhood and none of the nearby houses were disturbed and I have many neighbors my age.

This thing singled me out. At that time I thought it is an angel. But an angel without wings and wearing a tight, futuristic-looking uniform. But it seemed quite afraid of me as I woke up, it frantically rushed towards the window to escape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is there possibly a pattern? I live in a very tightly packed, crowded neighborhood and none of the nearby houses were disturbed and I have many neighbors my age.

This thing singled me out. At that time I thought it is an angel. But an angel without wings and wearing a tight, futuristic-looking uniform. But it seemed quite afraid of me as I woke up, it frantically rushed towards the window to escape.
In the experience you described there are two witnesses, so it seems to be somewhat real and physical. There is also the possibility of suggestion and persuasion. I read a story about a group of people amazed by a flying saucer. Actually they were observing black balloons. A single person misunderstood the observation and then the entire group were persuaded to misunderstand.

Anyway, the ghost investigators seem to believe that adolescents under stress either generate or attract poltergeist activity. Often when the stress is treated in the adolescent then the poltergeist activity ends.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@timewerx , here is an article I found that discusses the apparent link between poltergeists and adolescents. I don't know anything about the group that created the article, but it seems to be a view shared by most ghost buster types.
Children, both male and female, may unconsciously “project” their angst and emotional energy and can cause “poltergeist” activity. This behavior is most commonly seen in cases of children during puberty. There are numerous documented cases of such behavior involving pubescent children or young adults.
Can Humans Cause A Haunting? - Sixth Sense Paranormal

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In the experience you described there are two witnesses, so it seems to be somewhat real and physical. There is also the possibility of suggestion and persuasion. I read a story about a group of people amazed by a flying saucer. Actually they were observing black balloons. A single person misunderstood the observation and then the entire group were persuaded to misunderstand.

Anyway, the ghost investigators seem to believe that adolescents under stress either generate or attract poltergeist activity. Often when the stress is treated in the adolescent then the poltergeist activity ends.

I wasn't stressed at that time, not before that either. I actually had relatively stress-free adolescence. Must be for another reason. I was already quite creative/inventive at that age though and I would rather tinker with stuff than be with people. Not for anything, I simply enjoy tinkering than being with people at that time. Now, it's the opposite!

And thing we witnessed wasn't just the being. The objects around the room were moving on their own as well and you can hear them move too.

It's pretty hard to mistake what we are seeing which is certainly a form of paranormal activity

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I was traveling down a road one day near an airport, and I pointed to something in the sky for my wife to see. I didn't tell her what I was seeing, just wondered if she saw what I saw. She confirmed what I saw ... we saw a passenger plane, probably no more than a few hundred feet off the ground ... in a position of banking and descending, frozen in the sky.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

If that were true, I would think there would be an over abundance of evidence for poltergeists based on children living in war-torn or destitute countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
In another incident, my wife and I were also traveling near an overpass in the middle of the night, and again, I pointed out something on the overpass. I also didn't tell her what I was seeing ... she described to me exactly what I saw: a gossamer, semi-transparent, blue stagecoach and horse traveling over the overpass.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
@timewerx , here is an article I found that discusses the apparent link between poltergeists and adolescents. I don't know anything about the group that created the article, but it seems to be a view shared by most ghost buster types.

Can Humans Cause A Haunting? - Sixth Sense Paranormal

I am actually making the same observations in recent times.

This time around, the recent paranormal activities I encountered were closely connected to my emotional state. I try to take mastery of my emotions as closely as I could. The last episode I had, damaged sensitive electronic devices like computers and smart phones and rapidly drained batteries in the house. The outcome was expensive!

In that particular moment, I was having anxiety attack, I appeared to have been enveloped in a black sphere and the nearby phone started acting out (turn off and on on it's own) and a short moment later, the computers refuse to turn on :(

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If that were true, I would think there would be an over abundance of evidence for poltergeists based on children living in war-torn or destitute countries.
Even in the US, there are a lot of stressed children living in bad situations with screwed-up parents who were probably in-turn raised in similar bad situations. I won't even write some of the stuff I have heard. It's so upsetting.

You are right that its more complicated than stressed out adolescents.

On the foreign reports of poltergeists a factor to remember is that non-Western cultures typically do not doubt the existence of paranormal. So a person in Indonesia with a poltergeist problem is going to hire the local spiritual person to fix the problem with no more hoopla than if it was termites.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was traveling down a road one day near an airport, and I pointed to something in the sky for my wife to see. I didn't tell her what I was seeing, just wondered if she saw what I saw. She confirmed what I saw ... we saw a passenger plane, probably no more than a few hundred feet off the ground ... in a position of banking and descending, frozen in the sky.

In another incident, my wife and I were also traveling near an overpass in the middle of the night, and again, I pointed out something on the overpass. I also didn't tell her what I was seeing ... she described to me exactly what I saw: a gossamer, semi-transparent, blue stagecoach and horse traveling over the overpass.

Thanks, @ananda , those are very interesting. Do you have any theories to explain them? Also have you discussed them afterwards with your wife to ensure you did not hallucinate or confabulate her presence? Maybe that seems far out, but every naturalistic explanation should be considered first. I experienced something with my mother present, and she did not recall this a few months later. The part she witnessed was not as shocking as the part I witnessed, so maybe she simply forgot. But maybe I hallucinated her presence.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, @ananda , those are very interesting. Do you have any theories to explain them? Also have you discussed them afterwards with your wife to ensure you did not hallucinate or confabulate her presence? Maybe that seems far out, but every naturalistic explanation should be considered first. I experienced something with my mother present, and she did not recall this a few months later. The part she witnessed was not as shocking as the part I witnessed, so maybe she simply forgot. But maybe I hallucinated her presence.
Yes, we both remember the same events to this day - years later, and we have no naturalistic theories to explain them.

Upvote 0