Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Share What is On Your Heart
Mayflower1

I read a wise thought from someone yesterday that really encouraged me. She said, "if God has given us assurance in any form be it in thought or word, we should not shrink from telling others, but be prepared, if it be His will, to make it known." She was referencing this after what God told Moses In Exodus 4:10-12- 'And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?' Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.'

Here of course, Moses was a chosen prophet of God, but this applies to all Christians. We are chosen for a purpose. God made us and loves us. He gave us Holy Spirit to teach us and comfort us just like with Moses. He has promised never to leave or forsake us. Many times it is easy to compare ourselves to other Christians. I have often waited for someone "older and wiser" to share their insights into scripture or offer counsel to another person. And when I do speak up sometimes, I feel I look for the validation of another person to have confidence that what I am saying is good and right. Brothers and sister, God has laid this on my heart. "You do not need his or her validation. You need My validation."

We need to encourage ourselves and others with Jesus' Words. God gives us testimonies, spiritual gifts, and spiritual insights that we need to not hide under a bushel. After being hidden so long, the light starts to fade and go out. When we share our flame for God, it feeds the flame. We learn when we share with others. We are vulnerable, but there is good cause. We do not need any other validation of what to speak or do, but we do need Holy Spirit's validation. The little tongue is talked about a lot in God's Word. We should always speak and post prayerfully and carefully, and we should always speak with God and others in mind rather then ourselves. But...Let us not shrink back from telling others about Jesus Christ and what He puts on our hearts. Our words and actions can make a difference for others and for God's kingdom no matter how big or small. God bless ya'll!

Last edited:

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was saying that it is a topic that has been on my heart lately. That's all I meant.

Oh okay. I understand. I'll keep that a matter of prayer. I agree.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, consider what we have heard:

Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, we heard to wait on, not to wait for !

What is the difference between wait on and wait for ?

ABC NEWS explains the difference between to wait on and wait for :
To ‘wait on’ someone means to serve someone.
"The hotel staff waited on the couple at their wedding dinner."

To ‘wait for’ something or someone means we are expecting something to happen or we are waiting for someone.

"I had to wait for the water to boil before I could use it to make a cup of tea."
"We waited for our guests to arrive."

So how we wait on the Lord ? How we serve the Lord by waiting ?

Beloved ones, we serve the Lord by encouraging one another through Christ and trusting that our Lord Jesus Christ strengthen our hearts. So be of good courage, and serve Him.

For we also heard:
Wait, I say, on the Lord!- Psalms 27:14

Beloved ones, let us say to one another or ourselves, we wait on the Lord again and again; believing that we are encouraged through what Christ have spoken in the Holy Scriptures and trusting that our hearts will be strengthened.

Our hearts will be strengthened, to serve the Father through Christ.

Beloved ones, have you perceived and understood? That as we serve the Father through Christ, He strengthen us in our inner man though His Spirit.

Beloved ones, have you perceived and understood? That as we serve Him, He supplies us with His strength, that is, His grace towards us in Christ Jesus.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, we heard:
The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. -Psalms 33:10

Beloved ones, we also heard:
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. -Philippians 4:6

Let us pray:

Lord, You are God.
And we are Your people.
Lord, let us live according to Your plans that You have for us; we shall not be frustrated.
We have heard that you said that You know the plans that You have for us, for You, Lord declares, for welfare and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope.
Grant us the strength to stand in Your counsel, that stands forever.
Amen

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones, this is what we have heard :
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Let us pray:
There is no fear in love, there is no fear in me

but perfect love casts out fear,
for the love of Christ cast fear from me.
For love has to do with encouragement,
for I have been encouraged in the love of Christ
and I who fear not has been perfected in love,
in the love of Christ. Amen

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved ones,
Have we heard those who are close to us, may unexpectedly say things that offend us.

Did we dismay ?
Dismay is explained as consternation and distress, typically that caused by something unexpected.

What should we do with this distress ?

Beloved, let us hold onto our Shepherd.For we heard:

“Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, let us NOT fear about the future of our relationship with our closed ones, Jesus, our Emmanuel is with us.

Yes, let us NOT be dismayed at what has happened and what has been said, for God is with us.

Beloved ones, let us trust Him that He will strengthen us. Yes, trust Him that He will strengthen us and also our closed ones.

Yes, Holy Spirit will help us, He will uphold us and our closed ones with His righteous right hand.Amen. Yes, to God be the glory and thanksgiving. Amen

Beloved Lord,
Let me and my closed one, NOT fear about the future of our relationship, for you are Jesus, our Emmanuel.
Let me and my closed one, NOT be dismayed at what has happened and what has been said, for you are our God our Father. You provide us Your ways.
We trust you that you will strengthen our relationship.Yes, Holy Spirit will help us, He will uphold us with His righteous right hand. Amen

Upvote 0