share situations in your life when God has shown Himself to be reliable.

Kalashnikova

Oct 7, 2005
Moscow, Russia
✟435.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you spend the time to be in the spirit today, then tomorrow isn’t scary. Know that tomorrow you’ll do the same and bare whatever happens. God will be there tomorrow, too. But do find Him today. Nothing is that important to take place of your time with God. If you have fear about something in the future or present, just pray about it and seek a strategy from God. Any old action will not do. Your life isn’t in the hands of circumstances or people; put it in the hands of God by praying and applying His word.
I used to really worry about the future when I didn’t know God, but now He showed me that He is reliable through many situations. Please, share situations in your life when God has shown Himself to be reliable.

Reactions: JPPT1974

ironhead

Nov 29, 2005
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was in my mid 20s I lived in NC. I was in a bit of a rut when it came to the dating scene. All I really wanted at that time was to be settled down, have a nice girlfriend look ahead to kids in the future so on and so on. I never seen anything changing in the near future. I prayed and prayed at night that I could have these things whenever I wasn't too drunk or too high to do so. About 3 or 4 years later, still single, drunk, and high. I decided I better move back to NY where I had real friends and before I ended up dead. Shortly there after I met my future wife and God has blessed me with her and two wonderful children.
My prayers had been answered and and if anything has been learned about prayer it is to have patience because sometimes things don't happen right away when you want them too.

Reactions: JPPT1974
Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am out of a job and have asbergers and filing for disability. As well as also suffer from depression and mood swings. I have been suicidal back in my twenties. But now, I am seeking counseling as well as medication. Also the love and support of my family. And most of all, God. He will give me the job that He wants me to have and place all things possible on me. No matter what occurs.

Upvote 0

brokenbananas

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2004
✟18,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God has been more than reliable, He has been faithful, merciful, full of grace, abundantly blessing, etc as I step out in faith to trust Him, and even in those times I did not step out in faith to trust Him.

He is constantly acting in reliability, but I do not always see this. The things I have seen, which I will only state major things are: my graduating from college and being in the engineering profession. Sometimes I wonder how amazing that is. After having a failed marriage, God would still allow me to get remarried and have this totally wonderful husband (who BTW turns 40 today). I feel so undeserving. He's blessed us with 2 beautiful children. Though I got pregnant out of wedlock with our daughter, He imparted huge measures of love and mercy on us and we were blessed with an ideal pregnancy, and this gorgeous little girl. Our 2nd pregnancy (son) was the complete opposite where we nearly lost him in the 3rd trimester. We also found out I had a heart condition that could've killed me, so that pregnancy saved my life. I have this really close bond with my son. With both our children, I can see God's handiwork.

How I still keep my job after multiple layoffs at work over the past few years, is beyond me. Only by God's grace and doing. God has been bringing to me resources and tools over the past 4.5 yrs to free me from bondage of low self-esteem, perfectionism, low self-acceptance, obsessive controlling behaviors, exercise & food addictions, limited thinking, sabotaging behaviors & thoughts, health issues, etc.

Every single day of my life, God blesses me so incredibly much. It never ceases when you look for how God works in your life, you can see Him working all around you, as well as in you. He is amazing.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think for me, being happy is much more better.
Than getting a job.
Because it has been a long, long, time that I was really happy.
Thanks to medication and counseling.
As well as the love and support of my family and friends.

Upvote 0