Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My cat is getting old, and sometimes I think that I should give him special things to eat. Mainly he eats K/D dry food, but whenever I butter a piece of toast he tries to lick some butter. And he seems to like chewing on fresh spinach.

I have heard that cats like mushrooms. I wonder if I could heat some canned mushrooms in the microwave and put butter on them. Of course I don't know if that is safe for cats to eat. Probably I would need to mince the mushrooms to reduce the risk of choking.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't do the mushrooms if I were you... supposedly they are attracted by the smell only ...and I wouldn't change an aging pet's diet now. Just give kitty more of what he likes, as a snack midday? A bite of tuna or sardines or salmon should be nice ;)

Most product of kibble will cause cancer in our pets---and vets know this!

I give my dog very little kibble, natural no preservatives, grains, gmo etc and the rest is fresh cooked perdue chicken or natural beef...and a small bit of celery, kale, carrot, green beans, organic brown non gmo rice etc.... I'm about to begin dehydrating a mix for when we travel... gotta play with it though bc a little dehydrated is a lot once he drinks water and some can make food go right through an animal in larger quantities :)

The sometimes/current at home recipe also includes a whole egg and half of the shell (for calcium)...ginger, hemp seed and ... I forget...

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

TheDaniël

Oct 19, 2018
Kampen
✟18,148.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Boomer.jpg
✝R.I.P✝
Boomer the Maltese Lion
✝1996 - 2014✝

My dog Boomer who passed away at the young age of eighteen (RIP) had an addiction. He only wanted to eat liver sausage. He got very big and strong by eating liver sausage, he was 12 kilograms of muscle and dwarved all the other maltese dogs in the neighborhood. He was also very smart and could do 30 tricks.

Screenshot_20181019-181315_Video Player.jpg
this is my new dog, he is not smart at all but seems to like carrots so thats cool i guess

Attachments

• Boomer.jpg
    Boomer.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0