Shalom aleichem from Texas.

May 22, 2014
✟499.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello and Shalom aleichem to you all. I'm new to the forum. I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around since this is a Christian forum and not a Jewish one. But we'll see. I do have a question for Catholics. I was raised in the Catholic church but have decided to convert to Orthodox Judaism. Is that wrong according to the Church? I am just wanting to know if I'd be welcomed at my parent's funerals or other occasions. I'm going to browse the other forums now. May G-d bless you all.

Last edited:

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
welcome-glitter_zps881f16d4.gif

Welcome to CF!

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Best Version Ever) - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Hello and Shalom aleichem to you all. I'm new to the forum. I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around since this is a Christian forum and not a Jewish one. But we'll see. I do have a question for Catholics. I was raised in the Catholic church but have decided to convert to Orthodox Judaism. Is that wrong according to the Church? I am just wanting to know if I'd be welcomed at my parent's funerals or other occasions. I'm going to browse the other forums now. May G-d bless you all.

Welcome!

In regards to your question, according the the Church it is certainly wrong to leave the Church, as it is the very serious and mortal (deadly) sin of apostasy.

In terms of going to Catholic funerals, I believe Catholics and non-Catholics alike are welcome to attend.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF! :)

In regards to your question, according the the Church it is certainly wrong to leave the Church, as it is the very serious and mortal (deadly) sin of apostasy.

I thought Pope JPII considered the Jews to be brothers of the church. Perhaps an apostate converting to a non-Abrahamic religion may be committing a mortal sin, but Judaism has intricate links with Christianity (all the more reason why Jews were persecuted for being heterodox).

Either way the church (or at least Pope Francis) does reaffirm that entry to paradise is 100% dependent on God's decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
snawej.gif

Welcome to the Christian Forums!

[FONT=&quot]I'm Kristina, one of your CF Angels, and I'm glad you've decided to join us.
:hug:
[FONT=&quot]Christian Forums is a large place where you can participate in a wide variety of discussions in several sub-forums, organized by subjects such as denominational beliefs, age, gender, and general discussions.

[FONT=&quot]You might find it helpful to look in our Welcome Center where we have topics like

[FONT=&quot] For New Christians and Christian Forums How-Tos? , all to answer some of your questions and help you get around.

[FONT=&quot]Other popular and active areas of the site you may be interested in checking out:

[FONT=&quot]Specific Questions you’d like to ask, or certain topics you need advice on?
[FONT=&quot]Other Active Areas:

[FONT=&quot]You may also participate in several fun activities, such as creating a CF pet and editing your living avatar character. These fun extras are "purchased" with blessings, which are earned by posting and playing games. Please go to this official thread to see the info on getting a pet, feeding it, etc. Here is the official thread on creating a Living Avatar.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my profile .
Again, welcome to the Christian Forums, we are delighted to have you here as a new member!

God Bless you,

Army Wife :angel:
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Site Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟91,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sending you a million blessings. :D

Blessings are used like money to buy and feed virtual pets, and to buy items for your living avatar.
People use them just as 'blessings' also (gesture of friendship)
http://www.christianforums.com/t736795/#post8829037

There is also a forum in the 'blessings exchange' (games) for members wishing to get more blessings ...and to fellowship/play games Blessings Exchange - Christian Forums

Your TRANSACTION LOG is located using either the CHECK or PURCHASE BUTTONS on your personal info
(top right of every CF page)
CHECK= viewing blessings received and the ability to transfer some into savings so they can accrue interest weekly
PURCHASE=allows you to bless others

If you receive blessings and want to reply via PM to the donor, you must COPY/PASTE their name in the recipient area of your PM after you hit REPLY.

There is additional Blessing Info in FAQ

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF! :)

I thought Pope JPII considered the Jews to be brothers of the church. Perhaps an apostate converting to a non-Abrahamic religion may be committing a mortal sin, but Judaism has intricate links with Christianity (all the more reason why Jews were persecuted for being heterodox).

Either way the church (or at least Pope Francis) does reaffirm that entry to paradise is 100% dependent on God's decision.

This may be partially true, but even converting to protestantism is a mortal sin according to the Church (even missing Mass without a good reason is a mortal sin I am pretty sure).

And yes, God ultimately makes the decision; my statement was about what the Church teaches about leaving the Church

Upvote 0