Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For me I do not mind if this gets closed as I have a better updated version of the COLOSSIANS 2 study I wanted to discuss. It is disappointing that this thread may need because of a few that do not wish to discuss the OP topic. There has been no flaming and goading from my side. Anyhow I have a better updated version of the OP so will start a new thread up and report any trolling next time as soon as it happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong answer from you my dear friend. Actually all I have posted is scripture. Thanks for sharing though. Please read post # 701 linked and many others before that. Your simply repeating yourself again. o_O

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Galatians 5:18

having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Colossians 2:14-17

The requirements of the law of Moses have been wiped out.

The Church is not required to observe the requirements of the Sabbath as mandated by the law of Moses.

The Sabbath is a day for man to simply rest from his labors.

JLB

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:18

Indeed no one is "under the law" according to the scriptures if they have received God's forgiveness. We are only "under the law" if we stand before God guilty of breaking the law as it is written,

Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God *ROMANS 3:19.

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law JAMES 2:10-11

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments and if we break it after we receive a knowledge of the truth we stand guilty before God "under the law guilty before God of sin. For those who reject God's Word and continue in unrepentant sin there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries *HEBREWS 10:26-27
having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Colossians 2:14-1
Indeed this is what the OP is about did you want to address the OP? All your quoting here is the scripture the OP is discussing without addressing anything in the OP that proves that Colossians to is talking about sabbaths in the feast days not God's 10 commandments.

Your welcome :)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indeed no one is "under the law" according to the scriptures if they have received God's forgiveness. We are only "under the law" if we stand before God guilty of breaking the law as it is written,

Makes no sense.

You are either under the law of Moses or you are not.

Since the law of Moses was nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, no one is under the law of Moses.

What everyone is under is the law of sin and death.

The soul who sins must die.

Adam caused death to spread to all men by his disobedience.

The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ has set us free from the law of sin and death.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

Again, the law of Moses required the children of Israel, to observe the Sabbath in a very specific and strict way.

Those who did not keep these specific requirements were put to death.

Here are a few passages that describe the Sabbath requirements under the law of Moses —

Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning.’ ” So they laid it up till morning, as Moses commanded; and it did not stink, nor were there any worms in it. Then Moses said, “Eat that today, for today is a Sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it in the field. Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will be none.”
Now it happened that some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather, but they found none. And the Lord said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws? See! For the Lord has given you the Sabbath; therefore He gives you on the sixth day bread for two days. Let every man remain in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.” So the people rested on the seventh day. Exodus 16:23-30

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 31:12-15

Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.” Exodus 35:1-3

Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.
Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36

And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish, and two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering— this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering. Numbers 28:9-10

Do you believe the Church is to observe these Sabbath requirements today, under the New Covenant?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indeed this is what the OP is about did you want to address the OP? All your quoting here is the scripture the OP is discussing without addressing anything in the OP that proves that Colossians to is talking about sabbaths in the feast days not God's 10 commandments.

Sorry but My Sabbaths, refers to all Sabbaths.

You making up rules to make God’s word align with your organization’s rules and policies.

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:14-17

No longer is it required by the people of God to offer unblemished lambs every Sabbath, since Christ has fulfilled this shadow of His ministry.

And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish, and two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering— this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering. Numbers 28:9-10

JLB

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The man picking up sticks was an outward sin. Is 58:13, would condemn every Sabbath observer I have ever met. Even spoken thoughts about any subject other than those of a Holy content would have been sinful. God knows what is on our minds, we don't even have to speak our minds. If a person believed they had to really keep the day Is 58:13 would mean serious business. Committing the same sins week after week would have serious consequences. Our God is long suffering, but He finally had to sever, because of Israel's disobedience, the covenant He made with them at Sinai.

The Israelites broke, over and over, the covenant God made with them at Sinai. Finally, God sent His Son to this Earth to save Israel, Judah and all mankind. Jesus kept the laws of the covenant given at Sinai then He brought them to an end. We know He did this because He, at the Cross, ratified the new covenant with His Blood. In Gal 3 Paul in his letter called the Galatians foolish. Why? Because they were putting themselves under the laws of that old covenant. Some are doing the same thing today by putting themselves under the Sabbath law of the old covenant. Those people tell us we are sinning because we don't believe we have to keep the ritual laws of the old covenant. The real fact is that by putting themselves under the ritual Sabbath law they have to keep it perfectly, something no one except Jesus has ever accomplished.

Some tell us we are sinning because we don't keep Sabbath. Isaiah 58:13 tells them they are sinning because they are doing their own pleasure.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Indeed no one is "under the law" according to the scriptures if they have received God's forgiveness. We are only "under the law" if we stand before God guilty of breaking the law as it is written,

Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God *ROMANS 3:19.

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law JAMES 2:10-11

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments and if we break it after we receive a knowledge of the truth we stand guilty before God "under the law guilty before God of sin. For those who reject God's Word and continue in unrepentant sin there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries *HEBREWS 10:26-27
Your response...
Makes no sense. You are either under the law of Moses or you are not.
Sure it does you did not read the scriptures provided in the post you are quoting from did you. Those who are "under the law" according to ROMANS 3:19 are all those who stand guilty before God of knowingly breaking the law. God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20 and just like any of Gods' 10 commandmens if we knowingly break it we stang guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11.
Since the law of Moses was nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, no one is under the law of Moses.
Hmm nope!

What is the meaning of the handwriting of “ORDINANCES” that was blotted out and nailed to the cross *COLOSSIANS 2:14? Let's have a look? Happy to look at the chapter context as well if you like?

GREEK meaning; blotting out (G1813; ἐξαλείφω; exaleiphō; ex-al-i'-fo; means to obliterate; erase; wipe away) the handwriting of ordinances which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way nailing it to the cross. The Greek words used here is handwriting G5498 χειρόγραφον; cheirographon; which means; hand written legal document which is combined with ordinance G1378 δόγμα dogma dog'-mah From the base of G1380; which means; civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical law: - decree; The Greek meaning of handwriting of ordinances in V14 is a hand written legal document or book of civil, ceremonial and ecclesiastical laws. These are the laws referred to in verse 14 that have been erased and are nailed to the cross.

The handwriting of ORDINANCES {Mosaic laws for meat and drink offerings and annual festivals that have their fulfilment in Jesus} has been blotted out. They were the shadows. They were all prophetic in nature, teaching the plan of salvation which pointing to Jesus as the true lamb of God and our great high priest and His Work on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary. (Leviticus 1; 3-12; 14-17; 22-23; Number 6-8; 15; 28-29; Deut 12; 33; Ex 25:8; John 1:29; 36; Rev 5:6; 1Cor 5:6-7; Heb 8:2-13; 9:1-28)

Nope nothing about God's 10 commandments there.
What everyone is under is the law of sin and death. The soul who sins must die. Adam caused death to spread to all men by his disobedience. The law of the Spirit of Life in Christ has set us free from the law of sin and death. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2
Your confused dear friend. Here is why. The law of sin and death is the sinful human nature's condemnation and the penalty for sin (death) not the God's 10 commandments.

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1-4 [1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.[2], For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. [3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sorry dear friend seem like God's Word disagrees with you
Again, the law of Moses required the children of Israel, to observe the Sabbath in a very specific and strict way. Those who did not keep these specific requirements were put to death. Here are a few passages that describe the Sabbath requirements under the law of Moses —

Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning.’ ” So they laid it up till morning, as Moses commanded; and it did not stink, nor were there any worms in it. Then Moses said, “Eat that today, for today is a Sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it in the field. Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will be none.”
Now it happened that some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather, but they found none. And the Lord said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My laws? See! For the Lord has given you the Sabbath; therefore He gives you on the sixth day bread for two days. Let every man remain in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.” So the people rested on the seventh day. Exodus 16:23-30

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:12-15

Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.” Exodus 35:1-3

Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him. Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36
Hmm not really dear friend. In the old covenant under the civil laws of the nation of ISRAEL God's people were put to death for openly breaking nearly anyone of God's 10 commandments. This penalty was not restricted to only God's 4th commandment. For example the death penalty under the CIVIL laws of ISRAEL for most of the other 10 commandments are found here... *DEUTERONOMY 13:6-18; 1 SAMUEL 26:19; DEUTERONOMY 13:1-10; 17:2-5; 27:15; DEUTERONOMY 7:25-26; LEVITICUS 24:10-17; EXODUS 31:14-15; 35:2; LEVITICUS 20:9; DEUTERONOMY 21:18-21; EXODUS 21:17; EXODUS 21:12-14; LEVITICUS 20; JOHN 8:5; EXODUS 21:16; DEUTERONOMY 19:15-21. That was to teach God's people the wages of SIN (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) is death as it does in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 6:23 although JESUS says vengence is mine at his 2nd coming *ROMANS 12:17-19; REVELATION 22:12.
And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish, and two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering— this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering. Numbers 28:9-10. Do you believe the Church is to observe these Sabbath requirements today, under the New Covenant?
These scriptures teach, no more sin offerings in the new covenant *HEBREWS 7; HEBREWS 8; HEBREWS 9 and HEBREWS 10. We are in the new covenant now not the old. The sin offerings are laws in ordinances for remission of sin not God's 4th commandment *EXODUS 20:8-11. Where are the sin offering ordinances in God's 4th commandment? There is none. So no they are not required as all the sin offerings pointed to JESUS.

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY (GENESIS 2:3).
[9], Six days shall you labor, and do all your work:
[10], BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD (God’s Word defining what the Sabbath is; it is the seventh day; GENSIS 2:2) : in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates:
[11], FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: WHY THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY, AND MADE IT HOLY (refers back to GENESIS 2:1-3).

Nope nothing here in God's 4th commandment about the laws for remission of sins and sin offeriengs

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but My Sabbaths, refers to all Sabbaths.

You making up rules to make God’s word align with your organization’s rules and policies.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:14-17

No longer is it required by the people of God to offer unblemished lambs every Sabbath, since Christ has fulfilled this shadow of His ministry.

JLB

Naa not really. If what your saying is true whos sabbaths are these?

Lam 1:7 Jerusalem remembered in the days of HER SABBATHS and of her miseries all her pleasant things that she had in the days of old, when her people fell into the hand of the enemy, and none did help her: the adversaries saw her, and did mock at HER SABBATHS.

Eze 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from MY SABBATHS, and I am profaned among them.

Hos 2:11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, HER FEAST DAYS, HER NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all HER SOLEMN FEASTS.

BOOM! Did ya catch that? Seems according to the scriptures there are sabbaths that God claims are not his. Now which sabbaths is Colossians 2:16 talking about. Colossians 2:16 does not say "ALL SABBATHS" as you claim. Where is that in the scriptures dear friend or are you reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not teach? - Yep not in the scriptures so your reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not teach.

Now which sabbaths is Colossians 2:16 talking about? Did you read the OP yet? Is Colossians 2:16 talking about...

1. The Sabbaths of the Feast of unleavened bread (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:6-8
2. The Sabbath on the annual day of Atonement that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:27-32
3. The Sabbath on the annual Feast of Trumpets that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:24-25?
4. The Sabbath on the Feast of Booths that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:34-36
5. Feast of first fruits (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:39
6. The sabbaths (sabbaton plural) of holy convocations from the annual feast days *LEVITICUS 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36 that can fall on any days of the week
7. The Sabbath of the land (7 year single cycle) *LEVITICUS 25:2
8. The Sabbath of Jubilee - culminating of the 7x7 yearly cycles sabbaths *LEVITICUS 25:9-54
9. Or God's 4th commandment seventh day weekly Sabbath which is one of the 10 commandments that define sin when broken? *EXODUS 20:8-11 from GENESIS 2:1-3

Sorry but "sabbaths" does not say "all sabbath". If it did you think someone would have told Paul about it who's custom was to keep the Sabbath *Acts of the apostles 17. Sorry dear friend I believe God's Word does not agree with you.

Scripture please :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Naa not really. If what your saying is true whos sabbaths are these?

Lam 1:7 Jerusalem remembered in the days of HER SABBATHS and of her miseries all her pleasant things that she had in the days of old, when her people fell into the hand of the enemy, and none did help her: the adversaries saw her, and did mock at HER SABBATHS.

Eze 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from MY SABBATHS, and I am profaned among them.

Hos 2:11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, HER FEAST DAYS, HER NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all HER SOLEMN FEASTS.

BOOM! Did ya catch that? Seems according to the scriptures there are sabbaths that God claims are not his. Now which sabbaths is Colossians 2:16 talking about. Colossians 2:16 does not say "ALL SABBATHS" as you claim. Where is that in the scriptures dear friend or are you reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not teach? - Yep not in the scriptures so your reading into the scriptures what the scriptures do not teach.

Now which sabbaths is Colossians 2:16 talking about? Did you read the OP yet? Is Colossians 2:16 talking about...

1. The Sabbaths of the Feast of unleavened bread (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:6-8
2. The Sabbath on the annual day of Atonement that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:27-32
3. The Sabbath on the annual Feast of Trumpets that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:24-25?
4. The Sabbath on the Feast of Booths that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:34-36
5. Feast of first fruits (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:39
6. The sabbaths (sabbaton plural) of holy convocations from the annual feast days *LEVITICUS 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36 that can fall on any days of the week
7. The Sabbath of the land (7 year single cycle) *LEVITICUS 25:2
8. The Sabbath of Jubilee - culminating of the 7x7 yearly cycles sabbaths *LEVITICUS 25:9-54
9. Or God's 4th commandment seventh day weekly Sabbath which is one of the 10 commandments that define sin when broken? *EXODUS 20:8-11 from GENESIS 2:1-3

Scripture please :)
Isn't Jerusalem an Israel city, same people...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The man picking up sticks was an outward sin. Is 58:13, would condemn every Sabbath observer I have ever met. Even spoken thoughts about any subject other than those of a Holy content would have been sinful. God knows what is on our minds, we don't even have to speak our minds. If a person believed they had to really keep the day Is 58:13 would mean serious business. Committing the same sins week after week would have serious consequences. Our God is long suffering, but He finally had to sever, because of Israel's disobedience, the covenant He made with them at Sinai.

The Israelites broke, over and over, the covenant God made with them at Sinai. Finally, God sent His Son to this Earth to save Israel, Judah and all mankind. Jesus kept the laws of the covenant given at Sinai then He brought them to an end. We know He did this because He, at the Cross, ratified the new covenant with His Blood. In Gal 3 Paul in his letter called the Galatians foolish. Why? Because they were putting themselves under the laws of that old covenant. Some are doing the same thing today by putting themselves under the Sabbath law of the old covenant. Those people tell us we are sinning because we don't believe we have to keep the ritual laws of the old covenant. The real fact is that by putting themselves under the ritual Sabbath law they have to keep it perfectly, something no one except Jesus has ever accomplished.

Some tell us we are sinning because we don't keep Sabbath. Isaiah 58:13 tells them they are sinning because they are doing their own pleasure.

Well golly gee Bob, glad you are not our judge. Seriously though I believe there is a lot of confusion in your post here. Firstly as far that the death penalty was concerned in the old covenant civil laws for the nation of Israel?

These death penalties were not unique to the Sabbath but to most of God’s 10 commandments and were a part of the civil laws of Moses to help teach God’s people that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st . Commandment, Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment, Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Exodus 20:7; Leviticus 24:16); 4th yep; 5th commandment and cursing there Mother and farther (Exodus 20:12; Exodus 21:15-17); 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20: 13; Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33); 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5) etc.

This ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman law and at the death of Christ bringing in the NC. The death penalty is still in force today for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12).

The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death and we are not in the nation of ISRAEL. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son *Romans 6:23 but JESUS says Vengence is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12

Secondly JESUS did not bring an end to God's 10 commandments. They have the same role they always had according to the scriptures throughout all the new testament writings and that is to give us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and if we break anyoneof them we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. Everyone of God's 10 commandments are repeating in the new covenant and JESUS and the Apostles upheld God's 10 commandments and taught them including God's 4th commandment

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When did Sabbath not be a ceremonial commandment???

God's 4th commandment sabbath is not a ceremonial sabbath. There were many of these however in the annual feast days. Your mixing up laws in ordinances with God's 4th commandment which is a memorial and moral law of God and our duty of love to God.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's 4th commandment sabbath is not a ceremonial sabbath. There were many of these however in the annual feast days. Your mixing up laws in ordinances with God's 4th commandment which is a memorial and moral law of God and our duty of love to God.
Hello LGW, can you show us from scriptures which are laws in ordinance and moral law...did the bible separated the two laws and name them (1,) law in ordinance (2,) moral law etc?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well golly gee Bob, glad you are not our judge. Seriously though I believe there is a lot of confusion in your post here. Firstly as far that the death penalty was concerned in the old covenant civil laws for the nation of Israel?
Normally I wouldn't answer your post directly. Somehow someone finds something to pick at and tell. First of all my post didn't have anything to do with me judging. It seems like you have to make some sarcastic and spiteful remarks then like in this last post cover it up with "seriously". How disrespectful. Secondly, your "firstly" sentence is incoherent.

These death penalties were not unique to the Sabbath but to most of God’s 10 commandments and were a part of the civil laws of Moses to help teach God’s people that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st . Commandment, Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment, Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Exodus 20:7; Leviticus 24:16); 4th yep; 5th commandment and cursing there Mother and farther (Exodus 20:12; Exodus 21:15-17); 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20: 13; Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33); 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5) etc.
You are preaching to the choir. That has no bearing on my post, but if you think it makes your post seem important then by all means take the time. Just note that they probably will not be read.

This ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman law and at the death of Christ bringing in the NC. The death penalty is still in force today for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12).
How do you know when it ceased for those who were under the covenant law? I don't think you know when it ceased. God told the Israelites to remain in their dwellings during the Sabbath hours. When did that cease?

The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death and we are not in the nation of ISRAEL.
Now that is the truth, so why do you keep trying to get us to go back under the old covenant's Sabbath, unclean animal and tithing laws? Why, if you are bent on observing the weekly Sabbath, you completely ignore the feast days and new moon celebrations?

The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son *Romans 6:23 but JESUS says Vengence is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12
Why did you write that paragraph to me? I know I belong to the truth because I believe in Jesus and keep His commands. His command is for me to love others as He loves us. I strive to do Jesus will for me and I know His blood covers the errors I make. Therefore I know that I am saved. When I was a SDA I was TOLD I was never to say I am saved. Too bad LGW that a church would make its members conform to that type of reasoning. That is not what Jesus nor the disciples taught.

Secondly JESUS did not bring an end to God's 10 commandments. They have the same role they always had according to the scriptures throughout all the new testament writings and that is to give us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and if we break anyoneof them we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. Everyone of God's 10 commandments are repeating in the new covenant and JESUS and the Apostles upheld God's 10 commandments and taught them including God's 4th commandment
Any commandments dealing with morality to God, to our fellow man and even to ourselves has always been binding on man. Yes, it is still wrong to steal that is one of hundreds of ways to not love our fellow man like Jesus loves us. All of the laws of the old covenant dealing with ceremonies like the feast Sabbath days, new moon sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath were given only to Israel and ended with the ushering in of the new and better covenant for all mankind. The laws of the old covenant ended at Calvary. The Royal Law of Love started at Calvary. That is why Paul could write in 2Cor3:6-11 that the ten commandments were done away. They were the guide for Israel to abide by and when the old covenant ended so did the laws of that covenant. The old covenant was done away. The words of the covenant, the commandments, all of them came to an end. Since morality commands are eternal all of the laws dealing with morality are rewritten in the new covenant. The new covenant gift of the Holy Spirit is our guide and it is not temporary like the Israelites ten commandment guide was, it is eternal.

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh come on, the Sabbath was moral in the sense of immoral or moral. The Sabbath was a ritual command just like all of the feast days and new moon celebrations. All of the other laws of the ten commandments dealt with God or man and were laws dealing with morality. Let's not play games.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, can you show us from scriptures which are laws in ordinance and moral law...did the bible separated the two laws and name them (1,) law in ordinance (2,) moral law etc?

No problem. Most of the laws for remission of sins, the levitical Priesthood and the Sanctuary services are shadow laws in ordinances from the Mosiac book of the old covenant. You can read about their fulfillment in the new covenant in *HEBREWS 7:1-28; HEBREWS 8:1-13; HEBREWS 9:28 and HEBREWS 10:1-25 and COLOSSIANS 2:1-23 and elsewhere. In the Old covenant many (not all) of these laws can be found in LEVITICUS 1:1-17; LEVITICUS 2:1-16; LEVITICUS 3:1-17; LEVITICUS 4:1-35; LEVITICUS 5:1-19; LEVITICUS 6:1-30; LEVITICUS 7:1-38; LEVITICUS 8:1-36; LEVITICUS 9:1-24; LEVITICUS 10:1-20.

God's moral laws are all based on God's 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:1-17 where is was spoken by God and written with Gods' own finger on two tables of stone *EXODUS 32:16 or spoken by Moses in Deuteronomy 5. They are our duty of LOVE to God and man as quoted by JESUS in MATTHEW 22:36-40 from LEVITICUS 19:18 and DEUTERONOMY 6:5. There are many other moral laws throughout the torah that are God's judgements (if you do this then this will happen to you).

Yep God separated these laws as you can see through the scriptures here...

There are many laws in the Torah (Book of the law) which include; the civil laws for the nation of Israel (e.g. LEVITICUS 19:15; DEUTERONOMY 22:1-4;LEVITICUS 23:34-43; DEUTERONOMY 31:10; DEUTERONOMY 22:19; DEUTERONOMY 22:5; NUMBERS 18:26; 26:53-56; 36:8-12; LEVITICUS 24:17-23; DEUTERONOMY 19:14; LEVITICUS 25; LEVITICUS 19:35 etc), the ceremonial laws and ordinances for remission of sins (including the laws for sin offerings, sanctuary service, Levitical Priesthood, annual feasts etc) *LEVITICUS 23:1-25; NUMBERS 29:39; LEVITICUS 11:1-47; LEVITICUS 16:1-28;17:1-16; NUMBERS 29:39; EXODUS 29:1-46; LEVITICUS 7:1-37; LEVITICUS 21,22; LEVITICUS 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc, the laws for health and hygeine *LEVITICUS 11 to LEVITICUS 20 etc) as well as Gods' moral laws which include God's 10 commandments (EXODUS 20:1-17) and judgements (from EXODUS 21 onwards). The moral judgements (from EXODUS 21 and elsewhere) were not God's 10 commandments (דּבר; dâbâr; oral commandments) *EXODUS 20:1 that were written on stone with the finger of God *EXODUS 32:16 but were God's judgements (משׁפּט; mishpâṭ) of moral actions written in the book of the law by Moses *see EXODUS 21:1; 24:3. For example do this and this consequence will happen.

Have you ever wondered why there are scriptures like these...

LEVITICUS 18:5 You shall therefore keep my STATUTES, and my JUDGEMENTS: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

NUMBERS 36:13 These are the COMMANDMENTS and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho. And if you shall despise my STATUTES, or if your soul abhor my JUDGEMENTS, so that you will not do all my COMMANDMENTS, but that you break my covenant:

DEUTERONOMY 5:31 But as for you, stand you here by me, and I will speak to you all the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.

DEUTERONOMY 6:1 Now these are the COMMANDMENTS, the STATUTES, and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you go to possess it:

DEUTERONOMY 7:11 You shall therefore keep the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which I command you this day, to do them.

DEUTERONOMY 8:11 Beware that you forget not the LORD your God, in not keeping his COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, which I command you this day:

DEUTERONOMY 11:1 Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his charge, and his STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, always.

1 KINGS 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, to KEEP HIS STATUTES, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS TESTIMONIES, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself:

1 KINGS 6:12 Concerning this house which you are in building, if you will walk in my statutes, and execute my JUDGEMENTS, AND KEEP ALL MY COMMANDMENTS to walk in them; then will I perform my word with you, which I spoke to David your father:

1 KINGS 8:58 That he may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways, and to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, which he commanded our fathers.

1 CHRONICLES 28:7 Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my COMMANDMENTS AND MY JUDGEMENTS, as at this day.

LEVITICUS 18:4 You shall do my JUDGEMENTS, and keep my ORDINANCES, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.

GENESIS 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my CHARGE, my COMMANDMENTS, my STATUTES, and my LAWS.

Ok overload I know, there are too many scriptures here and more I have not provided. The point being made here is that it is God that separates His LAW (10 commandments) from those written in the Mosaic book of the law. You quoting from EXODUS 22:22 not afflicting widows and orphans is one of God's JUDGEMENTS from EXODUS 21:1 (context).

As seen from the scirptures above God's 10 commandments are separated from the other laws in the book of the law. Also according to the scriptures God separated His LAW (10 commandments written on the tables of stone) from the Mosaic book of the law within the Ark of the covenant when he placed the Tables of stone inside the ark and the book of the law of Moses in the side of the Ark. *DEUTERONOMY 10:4-5. DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26

I will not derail this thread and may start up a new thread on this a little latter if I have some time and there is some interest. As shown above the bible does indeed differentiate between God's law (10 commandments) and the other laws written in the Mosaic book of the law. Some are eternal and written on stone and some are prophetic in nature written in the book of the law which are shadows of things to come pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the new covenant. *HEBREWS 10:1-17. The reason is one set of laws are forever (God's 10 commandments) to be written on the heart to love through the Spirit and the rest are shadows of better things to come.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Normally I wouldn't answer your post directly. Somehow someone finds something to pick at and tell. First of all my post didn't have anything to do with me judging. It seems like you have to make some sarcastic and spiteful remarks then like in this last post cover it up with "seriously". How disrespectful. Secondly, your "firstly" sentence is incoherent.

You are preaching to the choir. That has no bearing on my post, but if you think it makes your post seem important then by all means take the time. Just note that they probably will not be read.

How do you know when it ceased for those who were under the covenant law? I don't think you know when it ceased. God told the Israelites to remain in their dwellings during the Sabbath hours. When did that cease?

Now that is the truth, so why do you keep trying to get us to go back under the old covenant's Sabbath, unclean animal and tithing laws? Why, if you are bent on observing the weekly Sabbath, you completely ignore the feast days and new moon celebrations?

Why did you write that paragraph to me? I know I belong to the truth because I believe in Jesus and keep His commands. His command is for me to love others as He loves us. I strive to do Jesus will for me and I know His blood covers the errors I make. Therefore I know that I am saved. When I was a SDA I was TOLD I was never to say I am saved. Too bad LGW that a church would make its members conform to that type of reasoning. That is not what Jesus nor the disciples taught.

Any commandments dealing with morality to God, to our fellow man and even to ourselves has always been binding on man. Yes, it is still wrong to steal that is one of hundreds of ways to not love our fellow man like Jesus loves us. All of the laws of the old covenant dealing with ceremonies like the feast Sabbath days, new moon sabbaths and the weekly Sabbath were given only to Israel and ended with the ushering in of the new and better covenant for all mankind. The laws of the old covenant ended at Calvary. The Royal Law of Love started at Calvary. That is why Paul could write in 2Cor3:6-11 that the ten commandments were done away. They were the guide for Israel to abide by and when the old covenant ended so did the laws of that covenant. The old covenant was done away. The words of the covenant, the commandments, all of them came to an end. Since morality commands are eternal all of the laws dealing with morality are rewritten in the new covenant. The new covenant gift of the Holy Spirit is our guide and it is not temporary like the Israelites ten commandment guide was, it is eternal.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your post Bob, but most of your claims and accusations in this post I believe are simply not true or strawman arguments no one has said or believe and repitition of things already answered in other posts and scriptures shared with you so I do not feel the burden to respond here as I do not think it would be fruitful so I guess we will have to agree to disagree dear friend. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP here?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No problem. Most of the laws for remission of sins, the levitical Priesthood and the Sanctuary services are shadow laws in ordinances from the Mosiac book of the old covenant. You can read about their fulfillment in the new covenant in *HEBREWS 7:1-28; HEBREWS 8:1-13; HEBREWS 9:28 and HEBREWS 10:1-25 and COLOSSIANS 2:1-23 and elsewhere. In the Old covenant many (not all) of these laws can be found in LEVITICUS 1:1-17; LEVITICUS 2:1-16; LEVITICUS 3:1-17; LEVITICUS 4:1-35; LEVITICUS 5:1-19; LEVITICUS 6:1-30; LEVITICUS 7:1-38; LEVITICUS 8:1-36; LEVITICUS 9:1-24; LEVITICUS 10:1-20.

God's moral laws are all based on God's 10 commandments *EXODUS 20:1-17 where is was spoken by God and written with Gods' own finger on two tables of stone *EXODUS 32:16 or spoken by Moses in Deuteronomy 5. They are our duty of LOVE to God and man as quoted by JESUS in MATTHEW 22:36-40 from LEVITICUS 19:18 and DEUTERONOMY 6:5. There are many other moral laws throughout the torah that are God's judgements (if you do this then this will happen to you).

Yep God separated these laws as you can see through the scriptures here...

There are many laws in the Torah (Book of the law) which include; the civil laws for the nation of Israel (e.g. LEVITICUS 19:15; DEUTERONOMY 22:1-4;LEVITICUS 23:34-43; DEUTERONOMY 31:10; DEUTERONOMY 22:19; DEUTERONOMY 22:5; NUMBERS 18:26; 26:53-56; 36:8-12; LEVITICUS 24:17-23; DEUTERONOMY 19:14; LEVITICUS 25; LEVITICUS 19:35 etc), the ceremonial laws and ordinances for remission of sins (including the laws for sin offerings, sanctuary service, Levitical Priesthood, annual feasts etc) *LEVITICUS 23:1-25; NUMBERS 29:39; LEVITICUS 11:1-47; LEVITICUS 16:1-28;17:1-16; NUMBERS 29:39; EXODUS 29:1-46; LEVITICUS 7:1-37; LEVITICUS 21,22; LEVITICUS 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc, the laws for health and hygeine *LEVITICUS 11 to LEVITICUS 20 etc) as well as Gods' moral laws which include God's 10 commandments (EXODUS 20:1-17) and judgements (from EXODUS 21 onwards). The moral judgements (from EXODUS 21 and elsewhere) were not God's 10 commandments (דּבר; dâbâr; oral commandments) *EXODUS 20:1 that were written on stone with the finger of God *EXODUS 32:16 but were God's judgements (משׁפּט; mishpâṭ) of moral actions written in the book of the law by Moses *see EXODUS 21:1; 24:3. For example do this and this consequence will happen.

Have you ever wondered why there are scriptures like these...

LEVITICUS 18:5 You shall therefore keep my STATUTES, and my JUDGEMENTS: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

NUMBERS 36:13 These are the COMMANDMENTS and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho. And if you shall despise my STATUTES, or if your soul abhor my JUDGEMENTS, so that you will not do all my COMMANDMENTS, but that you break my covenant:

DEUTERONOMY 5:31 But as for you, stand you here by me, and I will speak to you all the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.

DEUTERONOMY 6:1 Now these are the COMMANDMENTS, the STATUTES, and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you go to possess it:

DEUTERONOMY 7:11 You shall therefore keep the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which I command you this day, to do them.

DEUTERONOMY 8:11 Beware that you forget not the LORD your God, in not keeping his COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, which I command you this day:

DEUTERONOMY 11:1 Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his charge, and his STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, always.

1 KINGS 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, to KEEP HIS STATUTES, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS TESTIMONIES, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself:

1 KINGS 6:12 Concerning this house which you are in building, if you will walk in my statutes, and execute my JUDGEMENTS, AND KEEP ALL MY COMMANDMENTS to walk in them; then will I perform my word with you, which I spoke to David your father:

1 KINGS 8:58 That he may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways, and to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, which he commanded our fathers.

1 CHRONICLES 28:7 Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my COMMANDMENTS AND MY JUDGEMENTS, as at this day.

LEVITICUS 18:4 You shall do my JUDGEMENTS, and keep my ORDINANCES, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.

GENESIS 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my CHARGE, my COMMANDMENTS, my STATUTES, and my LAWS.

Ok overload I know, there are too many scriptures here and more I have not provided. The point being made here is that it is God that separates His LAW (10 commandments) from those written in the Mosaic book of the law. You quoting from EXODUS 22:22 not afflicting widows and orphans is one of God's JUDGEMENTS from EXODUS 21:1 (context).

As seen from the scirptures above God's 10 commandments are separated from the other laws in the book of the law. Also according to the scriptures God separated His LAW (10 commandments written on the tables of stone) from the Mosaic book of the law within the Ark of the covenant when he placed the Tables of stone inside the ark and the book of the law of Moses in the side of the Ark. *DEUTERONOMY 10:4-5. DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26

I will not derail this thread and may start up a new thread on this a little latter if I have some time and there is some interest. As shown above the bible does indeed differentiate between God's law (10 commandments) and the other laws written in the Mosaic book of the law. Some are eternal and written on stone and some are prophetic in nature written in the book of the law which are shadows of things to come pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the new covenant. *HEBREWS 10:1-17. The reason is one set of laws are forever (God's 10 commandments) to be written on the heart to love through the Spirit and the rest are shadows of better things to come.

Hope this helps
Thank you, yes this so many kinds of laws...

why was these laws written later rather then from the beginning when mankind fell in the garden...God could've given to Adam after the fall to give it to his children because sin has already in our world?
Galatians 3:17..state the law was introduced later 430years after Abraham....
So when the law was introduced later according to Galatians 3:17 the whole human race already scattered around the earth...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, yes this so many kinds of laws...

why was these laws written later rather then from the beginning when mankind fell in the garden...God could've given to Adam after the fall to give it to his children because sin has already in our world?
Galatians 3:17..state the law was introduced later 430years after Abraham....
So when the law was introduced later according to Galatians 3:17 the whole human race already scattered around the earth...

No need. Before the written law of God there was the spoken Word of God * GENESIS 3:1-3; 9; 11-19 8:15; 9:8; 24:7; 31:11 etc). That is why it is written in GENESIS 26:5 ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE AND KEPT MY CHARGE, MAY COMMANDMENTS, MY STATUTES AND MY LAWS.

God bless

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟160,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No need. Before the written law of God there was the spoken Word of God * GENESIS 3:1-3; 9; 11-19 8:15; 9:8; 24:7; 31:11 etc). That is why it is written in GENESIS 26:5 ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE AND KEPT MY CHARGE, MAY COMMANDMENTS, MY STATUTES AND MY LAWS.

God bless
So youre saying the law wasn't before but after...so people like Abel, Enoch, Noah had the spoken Word before the law was introduced so as the Prophets after the law...

So those righteous people were justified before the law was given, so the law had no effect on their justification....

Romans 2:14...state the Gentiles do Not have the law

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.