Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Would you like me to repost the scriptures I asked you twice previously to explain/discern?

Happy to but not here the topic of this thread is COL 2 and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT. Did you have something to share in relation to the OP here?

Please feel free to start up another thread on any topic you like and send me the link if it is different to the OP here.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marco start another thread I will be happy todiscuss it with you and share God's WORD. This thread is about the SHADOW laws from COL 2 and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP here?
I just shared something in relation to the op. SDA are not to be seen as credible witnesses concerning applicable law, and I gave a reason for that. This thread is about law is it not?

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy to but not here the topic of this thread is COL 2 and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT. Did you have something to share in relation to the OP here?

Please feel free to start up another thread on any topic you like and send me the link if it is different to the OP here.
You would be happy to explain the scriptures I asked you twice to explain , that you then ignored?

Where, which thread? I will repost them

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No, I stated the Christian dies to the law and is released from the law, I quoted God's word, word for word in doing so. You continually responded I was putting my own words over and above God's word.
This is the problem with people who earnestly preach law, they simply seek to justify, or excuse their own sin. They demand of you what they do not demand of themselves, as I have continuously stated, and, they appear happy to endorse
It is amazing that he will post that text and say it means sin. That by its self is bearing false witness.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Indeed yet the scriptures were saying we are released from the law because we die to that which has bound us (Sin).

The scripture is not saying there are no more 10 Commandments, it is talking about the law of sin and death (sinful human nature)

We can discuss it further there maybe in a new thread on Romans 7-8? Did you wish to discuss the OP here?
No. Just like the other thread starting here OLD COVENANT SHADOWS POINTING TO THE NEW where we are discussing the same text(s).

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is amazing that he will post that text and say it means sin. That by its self is bearing false witness.

bugkiller
I would think the following is bearing false witness also:

Marco70 said:
Paul stated the law engraved on stone(TC) was the ministration of death and condemnation/the letter that kills. Saul the Pharisee could faultlessly obey the non moral law(Phil3:6 NIV/legalistic law) I shake my head in bewilderment

LGW response:
No he doesn't your misquoting scripture that does not say what your saying here.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would think the following is bearing false witness also:

Marco70 said:
Paul stated the law engraved on stone(TC) was the ministration of death and condemnation/the letter that kills. Saul the Pharisee could faultlessly obey the non moral law(Phil3:6 NIV/legalistic law) I shake my head in bewilderment

LGW response:
No he doesn't your misquoting scripture that does not say what your saying here.
Tis so sad I can not laugh.

bugkiller

Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok guys I guess you have no scripture to share hence the slander and nasty accusations. Do you have any scripture to share or anything to add to the OP here that disagrees with your teachings?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God.

If you haven't got anything to add to the OP here. It is ok maybe you can pray about it at home.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12).

If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if
we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
NUMBERS 28 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

There’s the meat and drink offerings for the monthly and annual festival sabbath days that Col.2 [16] was speaking of. This was not a weekly requirement for the 4th commandment of God’s Law (Exodus 20:8-11)

What proof verse besides just your saying-so is this NOT the weekly Sabbath of the 4th commandment?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What proof verse besides just your saying-so is this NOT the weekly Sabbath of the 4th commandment?

Hello 1stcenturylady, welcome back and nice to see you.

You have still not read the OP have you?

The within CHAPTER and scripture CONTEXT of COL 2 is the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT of SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus starting off with the ceremonial ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION, leading into the ORDINANCES of the annual feast days in v16.

Everthing spoken about is a reference to the OLD COVENANT ceremonial laws in ORDINANCES from the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant.

COL 2 has no reference to the 10 Commandments whatsoever and Gods 4th commandment Sabbath is an everlasting Covenant.

COL 2:16 reference scripture back to the OLD Testament...

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17], And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and grain offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all appointed feasts of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the grain offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

This is only one example here as there is to many more listed within the first 5x posts of the OP.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady, welcome back and nice to see you. You have not read the OP have you. The within CHAPTER and scripture CONTEXT is the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT of SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus starting off with the ceremonial ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION, leading into the ORDINANCES of the annual feast days in v16.

Everthing spoken about is a reference to the OLD COVENANT ceremonial laws in ORDINANCES from the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant.

COL 2 has no reference to the 10 Commandments whatsoever and Gods 4th commandment Sabbath is an everlasting Covenant.

COL 2:16 reference scripture back to the OLD Testament...

EZEKIEL 45:17 [17], And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and grain offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all appointed feasts of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the grain offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

This is only one example here as there is to many more listed within the first 5x posts of the OP.

Hope this helps.

You are trying to divorce Jesus from the Sabbath, when nothing was created that didn't go through Jesus. We keep this tug of war with me and Jesus on one side, and you and the law on the other.

Sorry, but your spiritual understanding of the Word of God is seriously lacking.

• Agree
Reactions: marco 70
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are trying to divorce Jesus from the Sabbath, when nothing was created that didn't go through Jesus. We keep this tug of war with me and Jesus on one side, and you and the law on the other.

Well that is not true at all. I think you have already posted this somewhere and you have been responded to with scripture showing why Jesus has everything to do with the Sabbath.

He is the creator and Lord of the Sabbath and commands his people to keep it as a HOLY DAY in rememberence of creation through his WORD (Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27-28; Matther 12:8; Exodus 20:8-11)

It is one of the 10 Commandments that define sin and those who KNOWINGLY break it stand guilty before God of sin just like any of the other 10 Commandments.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well that is not true at all. I think you have already posted this somewhere and you have been responded to with scripture showing why Jesus has everything to do with the Sabbath.

He is the creator and Lord of the Sabbath and commands his people to keep it as a HOLY DAY in rememberence of creation through his WORD (Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27-28; Matther 12:8; Exodus 20:8-11)

It is one of the 10 Commandments that define sin and those who KNOWINGLY break it stand guilty before God of sin just like any of the other 10 Commandments.

You have Jesus in subjection to the Sabbath, when our Sabbath REST is HIM. Shame on you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have Jesus in subjection to the Sabbath, when our Sabbath REST is HIM. Shame on you.

Not at all. How is Jesus in subjection to the Sabbath when you have been provided scripture in the previous post showing that Jesus is the creator and Lord of the Sabbath?

Your post sounds like you are tired as you did not think it through. Is it late your time?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You have still not read the OP have you?
Funny, reading this I thought of the phrase "seeing things through rose-colored glasses".....
the analogy being someone not able to see the true meaning of things , even simple posts that seem obvious to others, because of some previously held and often cherished belief, consciously or sub-conscously, (known or unknown).
In long stretches of posts step by step to get to the root of differences, we only get so far, and then because it gets too close for comfort, to something they don't want to admit is wrong, or even don't want to admit is present in their beliefs, they exit .....making up some excuse as they go often , but not always....

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Funny, reading this I thought of the phrase "seeing things through rose-colored glasses".....
the analogy being someone not able to see the true meaning of things , even simple posts that seem obvious to others, because of some previously held and often cherished belief, consciously or sub-conscously, (known or unknown).
In long stretches of posts step by step to get to the root of differences, we only get so far, and then because it gets too close for comfort, to something they don't want to admit is wrong, or even don't want to admit is present in their beliefs, they exit .....making up some excuse as they go often , but not always....

Hi yeshuaslavejeff, nice post very perceptive. Jesus and Paul quoted Isaiah on this in Matthew 13:14 and Act 28:26-27 which I think is saying the same thing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your post sounds like you are tired as you did not think it through. Is it late your time?
? rose-colored glasses again..... she has some pre-conceived ideas or doctrines or teachings or something, that won't let her acknowledge simply what is truth from Scripture without tainting it.
Through long periods of posting , perhaps 2 or 3 times in previous years, we slowly went through her beliefs until it got down to the nitty gritty, and then she exits... without explanation or confession or whatever ... without getting to the very basic problem whatever it is she is hanging on to and won't let go of. It shows up pretty often in her posts, (not unique to her alone, it happens to others also),
just a slight 'twist'? or mis-application of Scripture ....

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
? rose-colored glasses again..... she has some pre-conceived ideas or doctrines or teachings or something, that won't let her acknowledge simply what is truth from Scripture without tainting it.
Through long periods of posting , perhaps 2 or 3 times in previous years, we slowly went through her beliefs until it got down to the nitty gritty, and then she exits... without explanation or confession or whatever ... without getting to the very basic problem whatever it is she is hanging on to and won't let go of. It shows up pretty often in her posts, (not unique to her alone, it happens to others also),
just a slight 'twist'? or mis-application of Scripture ....

Possibly, I think though in someways your post applies to all of us to some degree. The new covenant promise however in Jeremiah and Hebrews 8:10-12 is calling us all to a closer walk with Jesus.

Part of this promise is that God wants to be our teacher as we seek him through his Spirit in his WORD. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned because God's ways are so much higher then our ways. What is impossible with men is possible with God. If no one plants the seed (Word) how can the plants grow?

A calling out of the churches to worship God in Spirit and in truth back to the WORD of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.