Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you can only be in a saved state if you observe the law, you can only be righteous in God's sight if you observe the law.

Does the above apply to you, or just others?

Your mistake here is saying things again that I have never said or believe. Where have I ever said what you have posted above?

What you have said above is different to what God's WORD teaches which is those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are not in a saved state before GOD neither do they KNOW God. These are Gods WORDS and not mine.

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

1 JOHN 2:3-4 [3], And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 JOHN 3:3-10 [3], And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure. [4], Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. [5], And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [6], Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him. [7], Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. [8], He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. [9], Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10], In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does what apply to me?
You don't understand the question?

Does the following apply to you?

To continue to say things about people that they do not believe or have said when they have corrected you is bearing false witness and is a sin against God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand the question?

Does the following apply to you?

To continue to say things about people that they do not believe or have said when they have corrected you is bearing false witness and is a sin against God.

Where have I ever said things about people that they do not believe?

The answer to your question is it is a lie if it is intentional that is if you know what someone believes and say something different they do not believe. It is not a lie if it is a misunderstanding. If it is a misunderstanding and the person that misunderstood what someone was saying is corrected and continues to say the same thing then it becomes a lie.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where have I ever said things about people that they do not believe?

The answer to your question is it is a lie if it is intentional it is not a lie if it is a misunderstanding.
I simply asked you, if the statement would apply to you also. The answer is either yes, or no

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I simply asked you, if the statement would apply to you also. The answer is either yes, or no

You were answered above a lie is something people say about others they know is not true. God's 9th Commandment applies to all people as does the 4th and any other of the 10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The answer to your question is it is a lie if it is intentional that is if you know what someone believes and say something different they do not believe. It is not a lie if it is a misunderstanding. If it is a misunderstanding and the person that misunderstood what someone was saying is corrected and continues to say the same thing then it becomes a lie.

So when you continually stated I was putting my own words over and above Gods word, due to me quoting word for word, God's word, that was not a lie on your part? You were corrected many times, but kept making the accusation

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So when you continually stated I was putting my own words over and above Gods word, due to me quoting word for word, God's word, that was not a lie on your part? You were corrected many times, but kept making the accusation

Sorry Marco, were you really stating the scriptures word for word or were you putting your interpretation on God's WORD after being shown through God's WORD that your interpretation of the scriptures were in error?

Sorry I disagree you were stating the scriptures word for word. You were putting an interpretation on scripture that was not there because you lost context in what you were stating the scriptures were saying in relation to Romans 7. Your interpretation was God's LAW (10 Commandments) is abolished. That was not what God's WORD was saying in Romans 7.

Happy to paste the links if you disagree...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry Marco, were you really stating the scriptures word for word or were you putting your interpretation on God's WORD after being shown through God's WORD that your interpretation of the scriptures were in error?
No, I stated the Christian dies to the law and is released from the law, I quoted God's word, word for word in doing so. You continually responded I was putting my own words over and above God's word.
This is the problem with people who earnestly preach law, they simply seek to justify, or excuse their own sin. They demand of you what they do not demand of themselves, as I have continuously stated, and, they appear happy to endorse

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I stated the Christian dies to the law and is released from the law, I quoted God's word, word for word in doing so. You continually responded I was putting g my own words over and above God's word.
This is the problem with people who earnestly preach law, they simply seek tov justify, or excuse their own sin. They demand of you what they do not demand of themselves, as I have continuously stated, and, they appear happy to endorse

Indeed yet the scriptures were saying we are released from the law because we die to that which has bound us (Sin).

The scripture is not saying there are no more 10 Commandments, it is talking about the law of sin and death (sinful human nature)

We can discuss it further there maybe in a new thread on Romans 7-8? Did you wish to discuss the OP here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed yet the scriptures were saying we are released from the law because we die to that which has bound us (Sin)
Still trying to justify sin I see. what you wrote, is immaterial. I quoted the bible word for word, and you continually responded, by me quoting the bible word for word, I was putting my own words over and above God's word.
Of course, I understand you cannot bring yourself to admit that is the truth. But as I keep repeating, those who most earnestly stress law, are those who feel able to most casually break the moral law of God. Seen it over decades, including a church I went to for a few weeks on a Saturday to please a friend.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Still trying to justify sin I see. what you wrote, is immaterial. I quoted the bible word for word, and you continually responded, by me quoting the bible word for word, I was putting my own words over and above God's word.
Of course, I understand you cannot bring yourself to admit that is the truth. But as I keep repeating, those who most earnestly stress law, are those who feel able to most casually break the moral law of God. Seen it over decades, including a church I went to for a few weeks on a Saturday to please a friend.

Nope not at all. Romans 7 is all about the law of sin and death and sinful human nature. Why would you think I am trying to justify sin?

It was never the scripture you quoted that was the problem as told you many times already it was your interpretation of the scriptures that was the problem. You are free to believe as you wish.

It is your religion and your salvation is between you and God.

It is God's WORD that will judge us come judgement day. Some try to use scripture to justify sin and some use it to follow God as it is written...

JOHN 3:19-21 [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. [21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope not at all. Romans 7 is all about the law of sin and death and sinful human nature. Why would you think I am trying to justify sin? It was never the scripture you quoted that was the problem as told you many times already it was your interpretation of the scriptures that was the problem. You are free to believe as you wish. It is your religion and your salvation is between you and God.
You carry on, when I went to a church on a Saturday to please a friend, it struck me how much on an endorsement of my core beliefs I was seeing before my eyes. Sadly, you also endorse them

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You carry on, when I went to a church on a Saturday to please a friend, it struck me how much on an endorsement of my core beliefs I was seeing before my eyes. Sadly, you also endorse them

Sadly it will be too late for many come judgement day as we only have today tomorrow may be too late. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP here in this thread?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People who can only quote reems of the letter in their posts, seldom are able to explain scripture when asked to do so. Why? Because they follow after the written code rather than the Holy Spirit(for it has to be one or the other rom7:6) And only only the Holy Spirit can lead into truth.
By following the wrong path, all you are left with is at best, a superficial understanding of the letter, and must make pat statements that have no bearing on the reality of your own life.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
People who can only quote reems of the letter in their posts, seldom are able to explain scripture when asked to do so. Why? Because they follow after the written code rather than the Holy Spirit(for it has to be one or the other rom7:6) And only only the Holy Spirit can lead into truth.
By following the wrong path, all you are left with is at best, a superficial understanding of the letter, and must make pat statements that have no bearing on the reality of your own life.

Indeed spiritual things are spiritually discerned but if you have no word how can you know the spirit of the word?

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly it will be too late for many come judgement day as we only have today tomorrow may be too late. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP here in this thread?

Well I could pass a comment if you like. If sda are correct, and it is sin to eat the Levitical unclean foods, it is an irrefutable fact the leaders of the first century christian church gave gentiles a licence to sin(Acts ch15)
Conclusion
As that is a ridiculous notion, it is clear the sda are not to be seen as credible witnesses concerning their understanding of applicable law

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed spiritual things are spiritually discerned but if you have no word how can you know the spirit of the word?
Would you like me to repost the scriptures I asked you twice previously to explain/discern?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well I could pass a comment if you like. If sda are correct, and it is sin to eat the Levitical unclean foods, it is an irrefutable fact the leaders of the first century christian church gave gentiles a licence to sin(Acts ch15)
Conclusion
As that is a ridiculous notion, it is clear the sda are not to be seen as credible witnesses concerning their understanding of applicable law

Marco start another thread I will be happy todiscuss it with you and share God's WORD. This thread is about the SHADOW laws from COL 2 and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT. Did you have anything to share in relation to the OP here?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.