Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
poohbear, I guess I just think there comes a time when you either get married or you don't. Its too hard to date indefinitely although I know SOME people have made it through 7 year waiting periods many relationships do not, not because they wouldn't have made good marriages, but because dating feelings and dating fun fades after a while and the committment is not what it is in marriage. There is no reason to make it work or keep going since you're not married, so you break up because someone else interesting came along, you got bored, or whatever. I know people who said they would wait 7 years to get married, but then moved it up and got married last month.

The only comment I see out of line is "If you want to be treated like an adult..." which, lol, doesn't offend me because I know I am an adult, so I won't report you. ;)

Upvote 0
B

Beth1231

Life experience, college experience, solid friendships outside of the relationship....they are all good things to take into a marriage. This is going to sound tough, but in this situation I had two options (I was in a similar predicament at 17). One, I could stay in the relationship long term and long distance while I was in college, miss out on other solid friendships and struggle physically whenever I came home for breaks because you know how it is when you haven't seen the one you love for a few weeks. Or two, I could break off the relationship, get the life and college experience I needed and trust God to take our paths where they were supposed to be. After a lot of inner conflict, I surrendered and broke off the relationship. Two years later, I met my now husband.
At eighteen, the sort of choices I just mentioned stare you in the face (unless you are going to the same college, then the physical part is harder!). Also, I just want to say that if the OP does not know for sure that this girl is the one he is going to marry, he should not be defrauding her (the long hugging, cuddling and kissing). I know, I know a bunch of you will disagree but I'm okay with that. My husband and I waited until the altar until our first kiss and I will never forget the way he respected me enough to wait and not stir me up (defraud me).

Reactions: Leanna
Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beth1231 said:
Also, I just want to say that if the OP does not know for sure that this girl is the one he is going to marry, he should not be defrauding her (the long hugging, cuddling and kissing). I know, I know a bunch of you will disagree but I'm okay with that. My husband and I waited until the altar until our first kiss and I will never forget the way he respected me enough to wait and not stir me up (defraud me).

I agree with you. I don't think that people should kiss, cuddle, etc. unless they are engaged or married. But that's just my opinion. My fiance and I didn't wait until the altar for our first kiss but we did wait until we were engaged.

Upvote 0

f U z ! o N

I fall like a sparrow and fly like a kite
Apr 20, 2005
Neptune
✟1,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Spoilt Victorian Child said:
But don't you have a girlfriend?? ;)
yes i have a girlfriend. why do you ask?
edit:
are you talking about the part where i said i have no intentions of marrying until 22? let me explain. sure, even if i do want to marry my girlfriend i want to wait until out of college and i get a job. i want to be somewhat stable. im not saying i will marry at 22 but who knows, early 20's is good for me.

Upvote 0