obacartyo

Sep 8, 2010
Missouri
✟7,611.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Now that i am a follower of Christ i have been trying to change my ways and banish the past. But I have some questions I was reading the Bible and it said "Outside the city are the dogs - the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie" so i looked up sexually immoral to find out a little more about it and i found out that it means having sex with animals, having homosexual sex, having sex with close family, and having premarital sex. When i was a kid i touched a dogs vagina because we learned about it in school "disgusting", i experienced homosexual activity for experiment, and my cousin gave me a blow job when we were little because we stumbled across inappropriate content magazines, I have also had premarital sex twice once with a girl i was in love with and thought i was going to marry, and the other girl was when we were both upset. Since I have done these things in the past does that mean I can not be forgiven from my sins?

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you repent of your sin and ask forgiveness and ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life - your sins are not labeled in Heaven - sin is sin and they are all thrown into the lake of forgetfullness and Jesus remembers them no more - once you have repented you are white as snow in God's eyes and if you ask forgiveness again for these same sins, God says 'what sins.'

You are forgiven and your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life - written in Blood and the Bible says NO ONE can snatch you out of God's Hand.

Give thanks, praise, talk to Jesus, He is your friend and walks side by side and is only a heat beat away - be the shining light of God's forgiveness and enjoy your life.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know how you feel Brother.
Sometimes our previous sins seem so big and wrong that we can't believe we're forgiven 'just like that!'
That is the grace of God and the love of a heavenly Father.

Lets say you had a son, who came to you with tears in his eyes, and admitted that he had done all of those things.
You see his regret, his pain and how much he wants forgivness.
You know that when he did those things, he was young and foolish, and didn't know any better.

Would you not forgive him?
Yet Christ has forgiven much worse - even when he was hanging on the cross next to such a sinner, he told him "today you will be in Paradise with me."

You are much loved and a valued son.
Accept your Fathers fogivness, put it in the past and grow from this lesson.

Peace,
- Niff

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you repent of your sin and ask forgiveness and ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life - your sins are not labeled in Heaven - sin is sin and they are all thrown into the lake of forgetfullness and Jesus remembers them no more - once you have repented you are white as snow in God's eyes and if you ask forgiveness again for these same sins, God says 'what sins.'

You are forgiven and your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life - written in Blood and the Bible says NO ONE can snatch you out of God's Hand.

Give thanks, praise, talk to Jesus, He is your friend and walks side by side and is only a heat beat away - be the shining light of God's forgiveness and enjoy your life.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't put it any better than this:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." - 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
^ Agreed Sketcher.

Martin Luther put it plainly:
It suffices that through God's glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello obacartyo,

Whether you did those sexual things in the past, present, or future, you are always covered by the Grace of God found through Jesus Christ. Enjoy being a christian and stop thinking about your sex life. Stop talking about it, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christ Jesus has forgiven people for far more than this.

But it did cost Him -- His life -- to change our sinfulness for the better.

Paul encourages us who have turned to rely on Jesus in faith, to live a new life. Eph 4-6.

Upvote 0

housejam88

Sep 12, 2010
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.....
That is why Jesus died on the cross, that is why God sent Him...he knew that we would sin and He wanted to save us. So ask for forgiveness, dont keep on doing it, and move on building a stronger relationship with God. The closer you are with Him the less likely it will be that you give in to temptation.

Upvote 0

Evaler

Sep 22, 2010
✟15,113.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now that i am a follower of Christ i have been trying to change my ways and banish the past. But I have some questions I was reading the Bible and it said "Outside the city are the dogs - the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie" so i looked up sexually immoral to find out a little more about it and i found out that it means having sex with animals, having homosexual sex, having sex with close family, and having premarital sex. When i was a kid i touched a dogs vagina because we learned about it in school "disgusting", i experienced homosexual activity for experiment, and my cousin gave me a blow job when we were little because we stumbled across inappropriate content magazines, I have also had premarital sex twice once with a girl i was in love with and thought i was going to marry, and the other girl was when we were both upset. Since I have done these things in the past does that mean I can not be forgiven from my sins?

Yes, you can be forgiven of all sins through the sacrifice of Jesus. (Please, nobody bring up blasphemy of the spirit, as that is a whole different discussion.)
Acts 13:39; John 1:9 etc.

Just because you are touching a dogs vagina for educational purposes does not make it a sin.

Matthew 5:27-28 tells us that the sin comes from what's in our hearts. If you actually lusted after said animal, then yes it was a sin, if you used it purely to discover anatomical properties, then no it wasn't.

If you feel however that the Holy Spirit is convicting you of this, then by all means ask for forgiveness.

Don't mistake me though, I am not saying it is ok to have sex if you don't feel lust towards the other person, I am merely saying that it's not a sin to look a diagram of a naked person for educational purposes.

The other events were sin, wither you are were in love or not, it was still a sin if you were unmarried.

In closing, make sure you remember the power and magnitude of Jesus' sacrifice, our God is great in mercy don't think there is something you can do that will override His grace.

Upvote 0