Not open for further replies.

Greenriser

Mar 29, 2004
✟1,379.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think that sometimes sex struggles are caused by a lack of acceptance of our bodies. So many of us are embarassed to talk about sex in a natural way, that the whole concept of natural sex has been lost in regards to the individual and persons.

I think it's unfair to say that natural sex is not blessed. The fact is that natural sex is often confused with unnatural sex. God has given us choices. Have we become unaccepting towards our bodies? So many people are out there that stand up for only having sex in marriage. What doesn't make sense is that we do not teach people sexual satisfaction. This isn't about having partners and relationships with people at an early age. It's a whole other aspect.

It's about Christians telling people that it's okay to have personal sexual satisfaction in their own privacy, in moderation, yet at their own choice. To realise they can have sex to relieve themselves, and for them to know that one day they will share it in commitment with one special person.

From what I said in the last paragraph, I'm not talking about the implentation of lust, inappropriate contentography and unnatural means. It's more about the acceptance of an individuals body, realising that they deserve what God has given to them, but in moderation of course. And loving themselves and most importantly accepting who they are and accepting how God has naturally made them.

do you agree or disagree? please add all important views. thanks.

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The church has been plagued with dualism for centuries. This dualism assigns a superior role to the 'spiritual' part of life, as against the inferior 'natural' life. This has affected christians in many ways - a separation of professional 'ministry' from the less qualified 'laity', lack of vision and understanding of the value and place of work, a tendency to withdraw into a safe 'religious' environment to avoid contamination by 'the world' as examples.

Our sexuality has got caught up in this dischotomy too. Consequently, far too many Christians have a shame based sexual morality, with its accompanying uneasiness about sexual matters.

Your question is well raised.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
P

perfection

I can only say that when it comes to religion ,sex is one of the most horrible things that there is out there. Sex and religion simply don't mix, you can never be pure while having sex. You can never be as great As our savior Jesus Christ in acts of pure love if you have sex, heck you can't even do your homework in a fashionate matter because the though of sex constantly disturbes you. I bet most guys get bad grades in school just because sexual thoughts ,and hormones are driving them crazy. Im even sad because even talking about sex is almost like religious suicide.

I just like think positive though, we have this horrible body as a gift from God. And i just take contempt in Einsteins Quote, that god doesn't play dice. So there must be a meaning behind it, i sure wish though i knew what that meaning was. What is religiously allowed or not.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
perfection said:
I can only say that when it comes to religion ,sex is one of the most horrible things that there is out there. Sex and religion simply don't mix, you can never be pure while having sex. You can never be as great As our savior Jesus Christ in acts of pure love if you have sex, heck you can't even do your homework in a fashionate matter because the though of sex constantly disturbes you. I bet most guys get bad grades in school just because sexual thoughts ,and hormones are driving them crazy. Im even sad because even talking about sex is almost like religious suicide.

I just like think positive though, we have this horrible body as a gift from God. And i just take contempt in Einsteins Quote, that god doesn't play dice. So there must be a meaning behind it, i sure wish though i knew what that meaning was. What is religiously allowed or not.

I think in the correct context, sex and religion mix fine. God has made it pretty clear that within marriage, sex is a great thing, and that it is blessed and fine, and it does not make you "unpure". We do though have to be careful to not think excessively about sex and have it consume us and drive us to sin though.

Upvote 0

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think sex is a perfectly natural act as long as both partners are consenting adults.
It's a beautiful thing
It's a blessing and a gift that God gave us... the ability to experience closeness with another person.

I can't even fathom a God who would give us the ability to have sex, make the act so wonderful, and then say we shouldn't do it.

Upvote 0

Greenriser

Mar 29, 2004
✟1,379.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hear so much about people, that in their lives, never listen to their own feelings, cause they feel they are wrong for the church.

We have to remember we are mortal, schedule driven, extreme personality beings. So,we must forge a balance with God, that works for everyone, but especially Us. If we don't properly love ourselves, we are useless.

It's the impact of your Actions and Feelings which is the greatest concern.

Actions are based on Thoughts and Feelings.
Bad Feelings are caused by Thinking about things u cannot change. Focus on those You Can Change. Go For It!

How do It? Have faith, use your ethical compass, stay happy 50% of the time :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

makkulu

May 31, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟651.00
Faith
Christian
Johnnz said:
The church has been plagued with dualism for centuries. This dualism assigns a superior role to the 'spiritual' part of life, as against the inferior 'natural' life. This has affected christians in many ways - a separation of professional 'ministry' from the less qualified 'laity', lack of vision and understanding of the value and place of work, a tendency to withdraw into a safe 'religious' environment to avoid contamination by 'the world' as examples.

Our sexuality has got caught up in this dischotomy too. Consequently, far too many Christians have a shame based sexual morality, with its accompanying uneasiness about sexual matters.

Your question is well raised.

John
NZ

I totally agree John about the effects of dualism, in particular its effect on how we have dealt with questions of sexuality in the Church. Our God is not a God of separation but connectedness.

Makk

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
perfection said:

I really don't think God thinks we have terrible bodies, He did design them afterall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
mhatten said:
I really don't think God thinks we have terrible bodies, He did design them afterall.

I'd like to think that God made me a little thinner than I am.

Other than that, I totally agree with you.

:)

Upvote 0

Lucky Seven

Jan 29, 2005
California
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galadriel said:
I think in the correct context, sex and religion mix fine. God has made it pretty clear that within marriage, sex is a great thing, and that it is blessed and fine, and it does not make you "unpure". We do though have to be careful to not think excessively about sex and have it consume us and drive us to sin though.

Well said! I think its a beautiful thing if it happens in the right context.

The Bible says that sex before marriage is wrong.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

I heard a pastor on 107.9 (here in california at least) that said that when you have sex you share your soul with someone, you become part of that person.. and I think that's true. I think that's one of the prime reasons God says not to. We should share that only with our married partners. Those are just my two cents..

Lucky Seven:wave:

Upvote 0

growingupinhim

Dec 24, 2003
temp on Earth..soon to Fly!
Visit site
✟10,131.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Sam Gamgee said:
I think sex is a perfectly natural act as long as both partners are consenting adults.
It's a beautiful thing
It's a blessing and a gift that God gave us... the ability to experience closeness with another person.

I can't even fathom a God who would give us the ability to have sex, make the act so wonderful, and then say we shouldn't do it.
God said do it! just laid out boundraies in his wisdom for many reasons..marrige is the place for sexual relations..period.
God says it..we love him by doing what he says!

By grace!

Upvote 0

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
perfection said:

I am so very sad for you to read this. What an amazing and wonderful gift you would deny yourself. Were you not created in God's own image? Is not sexuality part of that creation? That the perversion of that sexuality for sin is an abomination is assured, but that the nature of that sexuality is inherently sinful is nigh blasphemous.

I would also caution your gauge for acts of love. We will never be as great as Jesus Christ in anything ever. Our sexuality has nothing to do with that it's our imperfect flesh that causes us to fall.

Brother, you are missing so many of God's promises to you. He did not create you with a sexual nature to cause you to stumble, he created that nature for his glorification. All things work for the good and glory of God. Instead of chastising and flagellating yourself for the very gift that God has bestowed upon you, thank him for it, and pray for the discipline to honor him with it.

Upvote 0

Greenriser

Mar 29, 2004
✟1,379.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Perfection, It's better to fight your way through life, than to deny your living and put up this facade of no hope.

Basically accept yourself. Take a narrow path with God if you want, but make sure it Works. Live and Grow.

perfection said:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
growingupinhim said:
God said do it! just laid out boundraies in his wisdom for many reasons..marrige is the place for sexual relations..period.
God says it..we love him by doing what he says!

By grace!

So, if I choose not to marry, does that mean that I have to stay celibate my entire life?

That sucks.

Upvote 0

akascottb

Jan 30, 2005
california
✟7,829.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
unlike the latin church which teaches that sex is only for procreation, the orthododx church says that sex is so that a husband and wife can use the pysical experiance to become closer emotionaly and spiritualy so they may become closer to god together. the purpose of marriage is salvation, just the same as all other sacraments of the church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.