• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Sexual Purity

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Koe Bowmaker, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mattin91

Mattin91 Member

+53
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    And that uh... explains exactly nothing.

2. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    It helps to read the rules of the site, so you can know what cannot be posted, as I said plainly.

3. Mattin91

Mattin91 Member

+53
    United States
    Christian
    Single

How do you know who repents and who doesn't?

4. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,865
    Anabaptist
    Did you ever once, twice, or more, ask someone if they repented of their sin ?

Some people readily talk about persons they shot and killed, and give no indication of repenting at all.... and even say they would do it again, and defend why they did it before....

When someone is OPEN about their sinfulness, and about their not repenting, and even about not having any need to repent.... what do you say to them ?

5. Mattin91

Mattin91 Member

+53
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I knew a man like that. One day, the husband came home earlier than expected and shot him. When I saw him in the hospital, he assured me that he would be alright. He would be back to eating what he liked. There was no sign of repentance.

On one occasion, I asked him if he believed in God. He basically said that the promise of a reward in heaven did not really interest him. He would rather enjoy his life on earth. So I prayed for him. Sometimes that's all you can do.

6. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

+2,809
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Depends on the couple, and their circumstances.

However, keeping sex within marriage can be advantageous for one's physical and mental health. It lowers your chance of contracting and spreading STDs, lowers your chance of heartbreak, etc. Think about all the intimate things you'd like to do with your spouse. Would infections and emotional wounds be beneficial, or would they make things more difficult?

Many people will sleep around, and emerge unscathed. They should be thankful for their good fortune. They played Russian roulette with their sex life, and won. They were the lucky ones. Or maybe the ended up marrying the person they slept with before marriage. That doesn't always happen. Most will break up before then, as most dating relationships do, so they were also the lucky ones. I don't recommend relying on luck when it comes to important life decisions.

7. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,881
    Christian
    Married
    I like the old song that comes to mind "if you done it and you wonder what to do.. go to Jesus and he will make you brand new".. it was in line with this topic here :)

8. carolina16

carolina16 Jesus Christ is the Lord

+52
    Argentina
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Love --> sexuality --> life. Everything that doesnt come from love is evil.