Finland
✟8,575.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. This is my first post on these forums, and I want to start by kicking a skeleton out of my closet.

I am a young man, in my early twenties. I started living a homosexual lifestyle in my late teens, so about 4 years now. I started seeing men, having relations with them, and I spent years in a gay relationship. I thought doing these things would make me happy, and that I was being true to myself.

I still wanted to be a Christian despite the things I was doing. That left me torn between two places, and the gap between me and God grew. I felt dissonant inside, and I knew I could never have it both ways. Every step I took on that path was a step further away from God.

About a month ago, I broke up with the man I was with and cut myself off from that life. The will and courage to do this could only come from God. It was scary and now I am alone, but I can finally start to heal at God's side.

I want to re-evaluate my life and where I am going. I want to spare no effort to distance myself from the world I was in, even if that means being celibate. Looking back on those times, it was little more than a celebration of filth and excess. Most of the people I knew there are just escalating towards total ruination. I hope they can be delivered from death before it's too late.

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF :twohearts: I pray that you will be able to find a balance between hedonism and asceticism. Jesus loves you and nothing can take that away. Re-evaluation is always useful, in my experience...how else would we grow? 'Escalating towards total ruination' is an epic phrase I might add it to my CV :)

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello. This is my first post on these forums, and I want to start by kicking a skeleton out of my closet.

I am a young man, in my early twenties. I started living a homosexual lifestyle in my late teens, so about 4 years now. I started seeing men, having relations with them, and I spent years in a gay relationship. I thought doing these things would make me happy, and that I was being true to myself.

I still wanted to be a Christian despite the things I was doing. That left me torn between two places, and the gap between me and God grew. I felt dissonant inside, and I knew I could never have it both ways. Every step I took on that path was a step further away from God.

About a month ago, I broke up with the man I was with and cut myself off from that life. The will and courage to do this could only come from God. It was scary and now I am alone, but I can finally start to heal at God's side.

I want to re-evaluate my life and where I am going. I want to spare no effort to distance myself from the world I was in, even if that means being celibate. Looking back on those times, it was little more than a celebration of filth and excess. Most of the people I knew there are just escalating towards total ruination. I hope they can be delivered from death before it's too late.

Welcome to CF! God bless you and your testimony. I know that must have been a painful thing to reflect on, but I'm praising God that you did not hardened your heart when to came down to following God.

I can relate as I was bisexual for two years, and just recently decided to totally break off from it. Even then, sometimes I would put God in a box and say "well okay so you rescued me from that lifestyle, but the desire is still there so I will just always be a bisexual, or I'm just always gay in the inside.That's just how it's gonna be." Don't fall for that. Don't fall for claiming sin as a part of your image. Its like a thief who was forgiven of a crime and reinstated as a law-abiding citizen, still claiming to be a thief. When you accept Christ, your false image dies, its no more, and you are now bearing God's image. God does not partially heal you, He totally heals you, he renews your mind, but the old you has to and will completely die, and you have to be born again into your new identity in Christ. So be open to such change.

While I am walking with Him, I realized that it wasn't just having the bisexual lifestyle, that was just the fruition of what was in my heart, God dealt with slowly things that everyone has like pride, lust of the flesh, my addiction to inappropriate content, selfishness, loneliness, anxiety and depression, list goes on. When He dealt with my heart, the desires of lusting after people, man and woman, started to fade away, and it was a daily walk of just dropping society expectations, and actually heeding to His Word.

So my encouragement is while you are healing and alone walking with God, is to be open to what God wants for you, and learn more of what God requires of you. And its not a sentence of celibacy, or to require you to now to like a girl and get into marriage and kids, all that without heart change will be just works.It is simply harkening to God's Word and walking in Spirit and Truth.Its a daily struggle, but God is always with you.

I will also keep your friends, and the guy you broke off with, in prayers that they too find God. Its hard coming out of it, but its even harder after the fact watching those that you are friends with still participating in the darkness, that's where I am with a couple of my friends. God has granted me patience and understanding and strength in faith, and I pray that God grants you that as well.

Be encouraged.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so glad for you.

There are some here in complete denial, so much so they have convinced themselves the lifestyle will allow them into the pearly gates. It's good to see some see the truth and as tough as it may have been, we're willing to make the change.

Hang in there, and my hope is things will get better for you soon, very soon.

Upvote 0

Zackuth

Jul 29, 2017
Texarkana
✟27,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm happy to hear you answered God's calling! Following God at times is not easy, as the world will laugh and jeer at the decision. Even some activities that we see as fun and harmless are outside of God's Word. As you grow in God your past life will seem foreign to you, something you won't believe you were a part.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Prayers for you and those you knew.

Do not stress out if the inclination persists. Practice custody of the eyes (and the other senses too) and custody of your thoughts. Your mind is renewing itself in orientation to God. That will show in the ways others see you, and maybe they will want that too. Be patient with yourself and with them. Blessings.

Reactions: Jerri
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the life story of Rosaria Butterfield will be an encouragement to you. Butterfield was a lesbian tenured professor at Syracuse University and became a Christian. She speaks and writes well (after all she was an English prof); many articles and speeches on the internet and youtube. I think you will be encouraged and strengthened by her testimony.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Perhaps the life story of Rosaria Butterfield will be an encouragement to you. Butterfield was a lesbian tenured professor at Syracuse University and became a Christian. She speaks and writes well (after all she was an English prof); many articles and speeches on the internet and youtube. I think you will be encouraged and strengthened by her testimony.

Her two books helped me out so much! I would recommend it as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I think it is a very big step you have taken by saying no to that lifestyle of having nonmarital sex regularly. Especially for a young man receiving the messages put forward by society that basically any sex is okay with consenting adults. This burden (as some would call it) you are accepting by denying your flesh it's desire this way will strengthen your relationship with God. As you look to God for support during times of temptation and stress, your bond with God wil get stronger and stronger. In that regard, this abstinence will give you some of the spiritual benefits of a fast. God Bless You friend and brother. What you are doing is truly inspiring. You are going to prove that the spirit is stronger than the flesh and yes we do have control over our sexuality. We may not always choose who we are attracted to but we do choose what actions we take. You are showing us this. Thank You

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
Society and peer pressure cause much of the result you have suffered. All children/teens go through hormonal changes... and the attitude of the world today is go with the feelings... may God strengthen you and help you to "forget those things which are passed and press forward to the high calling of Christ".

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome auto da fe, and God bless You, please do not give up in Your struggles, I do not either... I still try to get my husband to smile at me somtimes too, although I am not 20 years old anymore, but it is getting harder. We all have our struggles, hopefully the skeletons get buried soon, besides Merry Christmas to You all.

Upvote 0

auto-da-fe

Dec 16, 2017
Finland
✟8,575.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your words, and the warm welcome.
I pray that you will be able to find a balance between hedonism and asceticism.
Thank you Sarah. May God help me find the pleasures in this life that do not open doors for evil.
So my encouragement is while you are healing and alone walking with God, is to be open to what God wants for you, and learn more of what God requires of you.
Thank you, Mskriskris. I did what I did to make myself available to God. I pray each day that he changes me according to his dream of me and guides me to another place in my life. His will, not mine.
We may not always choose who we are attracted to but we do choose what actions we take.
Amen. I can and will deny myself and take up my cross. I would rather be close to God than to my flesh or this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did run into another silly villain test yesterday, it wanted to guess whether one was straight or gay, Well, I consider myself straight but not all too desperatedly hypersexual, nor superfemale. I am most of the time stronger than my man but this test did only ask questions based on music we listen to, tv-shows, and superstars, and movies and if the indexfinger was longer than the ringfinger. Unfortunatedly many people seem to get it wrong... so if they click on basically straight answers they are gay, vise versa, then they are to comment below...What an unfortunate time to fool people, at Christmastime, they also call it a scientifical test, well probably not, based on entertainment, anybody know that no entertainment has any science to it. If anybody wins on this, it is the gay community and the lawyers in case someones marriage ends because someone takes the test and starts to believe it and confides to their husband or partner and He starts believing in it. I suspect someone is having a laugh at someones expence. I told my husband about this pranktest and He only laughed. Unfortunatedly His eyes got an idea...so I suspect the worst...He might probably be up to maybe making yet another silly pranktest for unexpecting middleaged women to fool on the internet. I better make sure He hasn´t the time.

Upvote 0

Jerri

Jun 26, 2014
✟17,255.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For a while God has laid a burden on my heart over LGBT. Anyone who has lived in sexual sin whether just fornication knows how entangling and enticing it is. For a testimony to come through of someone who has ditched that lifestyle is a blessing and an encouragement to me and to us intercessors.

I pray that God continues to heal you, walk with you and continue distancing you with that past lifestyle.

Love you much with the love of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that all people should be welcome in the church to listen to the sermon and to be prayed for. I do not think that gay people should be stopped to enter the church but I can understand than some might be appalled if they start kissing. Still I think the respect should go a bit both ways. If someone is gay and bring the partner along to church it might be a bit off limit and rude to talk about the relationship during their first visit. One maybe is not open to talk about intimate things with strangers, but let it take time and let God do His work instead of rushing things and scaring away someone that the Lord probably have called for something too. Listen to the Lord and let the Lord speak to their mind. I believe some people turn gay because they have gotten disappointed by the opposite sex and the wounds might be deep. Sometimes other wounds are in play, sometimes it is other reasons. Sometimes they simply like the same sex better but whatever reason it is know that among the christian congregation itself probably half of the males have looked at gayinappropriate content and they still are welcome in the church or preach or sing praise on the podium and not many take notice and make headlines of that. So if someone struggles with a more obvious sin why not pray for them instead of getting a prideful attitude.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You need to seriously learn Fasting as to leave the sexual immorality and inappropriate contents.

I tell you without efforts for fasting you are not going anywhere.

The Hebrew was commanded to afflict their souls (fasting) during the Feast of Yom Kippur.

Levi 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall AFFLICT your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Whoever did not fast will be CUT OFF :
29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be CUT OFF from among his people.

The widow at the Temple did fast and God remember and wrote her good deed in the Bible !
Luke 2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Daniel did fast to receive the most important message for the fate of the Hebrew in Babylon.

Ester and the whole Hebrew fasted to ask God to save them from genocide.

==============================================================================================

People with stomach acid problem can still do the fasting but they should not leave their meal.
Instead they can try Daniel's fast :

Daniel 1:12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.”

Daniel 10: 2-3, “In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I annoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”

We should not try to imitate a very hard fasting like Jesus did.

But a regular once a week will be very good for our Christian Life.
Such as once a week eating fruit and pure water only for a day.
Or one day with one meal only instead of three meals.
Or one day with drinking juice only or just pure water.

The regularity will OBVIOUSLY forge our souls and faith and give amazing results in battle !

The disciples of Jesus once tried to cast out demon but they could not, because faith only is not enough.
Matt 17:21 "But this kind (of devil) does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Praying without Fasting is only a blunt sword

Once you try it you will get used to it and be strengthened !.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You need to seriously learn Fasting as to leave the sexual immorality and inappropriate contents.

I tell you without efforts for fasting you are not going anywhere.

The Hebrew was commanded to afflict their souls (fasting) during the Feast of Yom Kippur.

Levi 23:27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall AFFLICT your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Whoever did not fast will be CUT OFF :
29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be CUT OFF from among his people.

The widow at the Temple did fast and God remember and wrote her good deed in the Bible !
Luke 2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Daniel did fast to receive the most important message for the fate of the Hebrew in Babylon.

Ester and the whole Hebrew fasted to ask God to save them from genocide.

==============================================================================================

People with stomach acid problem can still do the fasting but they should not leave their meal.
Instead they can try Daniel's fast :

Daniel 1:12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.”

Daniel 10: 2-3, “In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I annoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”

We should not try to imitate a very hard fasting like Jesus did.

But a regular once a week will be very good for our Christian Life.
Such as once a week eating fruit and pure water only for a day.
Or one day with one meal only instead of three meals.
Or one day with drinking juice only or just pure water.

The regularity will OBVIOUSLY forge our souls and faith and give amazing results in battle !

The disciples of Jesus once tried to cast out demon but they could not, because faith only is not enough.
Matt 17:21 "But this kind (of devil) does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Praying without Fasting is only a blunt sword

Once you try it you will get used to it and be strengthened !.

That kind of fasting is also called being a vegetarian. I have been a vegetarian for 5 years and I can tell You this. If You are an vegetarian for very long Your digestivesystem does get rid of meatdigestive entzymes so If someone sneaks meatbrath, chickenbrath or pieces of meat into Your food because they are religious enough to give it a try and have prayed for the food You will most likely start to feel nausea within 10 minutes and rush to the toilet. So with this plan bare that in mind among religious people, they sometimes put vegetarians to the test and it end up with You loosing Your food in the toilet, all of it in a loud embarrassing puke while the guests wonder if You caught a bug. Then put on a smile and say I am ok now, I happen to be a real vegetarian and I ate something that my stomach could not digest. I beg Your pardon. Usually the guilty cook displays what You actually ate and You get a banana or apple instead.

Upvote 0