New Zealand
✟8,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have little idea why the discussion of sex inflames me. When I engage in conversation about it, there's a part of me that gets very aggressive and defensive to the point where I feel like I want to destroy the world, I hate humanity.

Here's a bit of background on me, I was molested as child and other members in my family have also been subject to the same as well as rape.

I find myself amazed in how common place the discussion of sex has become in out society, and I don't mean that in the sense celebrating life and reproduction but in the sense of indulging in lust. There's no respect, there's no integrity. Though I am in the midst of it all, its like I'm watching the world and all I seem to see is the darkness. I try to disconnect from it, but it gets thrown back in my face. The memories and the feelings. I hate seeing pain inflicted onto others for self personal gain. Thats what I'm essentially seeing and yet its what we do as human beings. It makes me depressed. Faith in humanity is one that has lead me down a very dark path in the past, faith in God has restored my life. The struggles are still with me though, however I always knew as time passes its only going to get harder.

I want and I need help.

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But not all sex is bad or dirty. Sex between a loving husband and wife is beautiful and needed for a healthy marriage. God created sex so therefore it is good everything he created is good. It is people who have turned it into something bad by doing it outside of marriage. We also created perversion of sex. For you I would suggest Christian therapy to get over your molestation and to move forward you may want to marry someday and this will hurt your intimacy if you don't resolve these issues and feelings about sex.

My sister was molested by one of my mom's boyfriends so my family has gone through this hang in there it's not easy but you can get help for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

I'm so sorry that happened to you. It makes me very sad to read that. I would find a good Christian therapist and work it out over time. You should be at peace and not angry. I mean, it is ok to be angry but not all the time. God created you for something special. Don't let idiots from your past hold you hostage your whole life. This is your life, not theirs. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have little idea why the discussion of sex inflames me. When I engage in conversation about it, there's a part of me that gets very aggressive and defensive to the point where I feel like I want to destroy the world, I hate humanity.

Here's a bit of background on me, I was molested as child and other members in my family have also been subject to the same as well as rape.

I find myself amazed in how common place the discussion of sex has become in out society, and I don't mean that in the sense celebrating life and reproduction but in the sense of indulging in lust. There's no respect, there's no integrity. Though I am in the midst of it all, its like I'm watching the world and all I seem to see is the darkness. I try to disconnect from it, but it gets thrown back in my face. The memories and the feelings. I hate seeing pain inflicted onto others for self personal gain. Thats what I'm essentially seeing and yet its what we do as human beings. It makes me depressed. Faith in humanity is one that has lead me down a very dark path in the past, faith in God has restored my life. The struggles are still with me though, however I always knew as time passes its only going to get harder.

I want and I need help.
Get this book... :thumbsup:
Joyce went through the same things you have and she has excellent insights from the Lord.
beauty for ashes joyce meyer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the mother of 2 molested children my heart goes out to you. My step children were molested at the age of 7 & 9. Not an easy thing to get over - they are now 58 & 54 - One is happily married, but draws away from her family because she has never told her husband and fears he may find out - we don't have a relationship with her - the boy - is really messed up - looking for love in the wrong places - mixed up in a scam with the Ghana thieves thinking he will find a mate.

I tell you this because I have watched as they made their way through life. The daughter can never do enough - excels in everything she does, has all the education you can think of - but she is still reaching for perfection - the boy - sloppy, no motivation, dirty, no drive at all. Telling you this to tell you how they both handled it.

Now you are still very young and the best thing you can do for yourself is seek some Christian therapy. Don't quit it until it helps you. Just put your hand in the hand of Jesus and lean to the leading of the Holy Spirit - Just see yourself as God sees you - washed white as snow and a beautiful witness to the Love of Jesus.

Try helping others if you have the time, volunteer at an agency or a hospital or something that will give you encouragement as you see others dealing with problems that seem impossible to beat.

Being a child of God you have the authority to put the thoughts the enemy may instill within you out of your mind, the devil is a defeated foe and will try to use this to bring you down. It does not tarnish you and you had no part of it - it was forced upon you. When the thoughts get overwhelming, just fall in the arms of Jesus and go boldly to the Throne of God and ask for help - the Bible tells us we can go Boldly to the Throne.

It will be hard mountain to climb, but you can do it. The Bible says to speak to this mountain and it will be removed - this is your mountain - speak to it and it will be removed. Praying for you.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think your reaction is very sensible. You were harmed by people who took the subject carelessly, arrogantly, and now you see more people careless about it... and have no way of stopping them.

With abuse, a person treats another person as their possession or victim. No person has the right to impose themselves on another this way. Rape is not just sexual but an offense to the soul/spirit -- stealing autonomy. It takes a long time to trust that will not happen again, or even for a victim to believe they are not inevitably without authority forever. The power play puts a strong hold on victims.

Maybe you could take some action to warn people in an area where you think you'd be heard. Whether it's discouraging your friends' jokes, or defending abused women, volunteering with battered women, working at a pregnancy center... you can make some sort of dent in this trend.

This era is unique, in how open communications are. Just a generation ago, people didn't have the internet and cable -- all media was limited to a few FCC-controlled channels (USA). People still had off-color conversations, but nothing like the promiscuity we see now. It is not normal, just because it is common. Some of the statistics show that ten percent of people were abused ... so that means ten percent of people are gritting their teeth and getting through those open conversations!

* Half of all rape victims are raped between the ages of 14 and 17.

-L.A. Commission on Assaults Against Women

* In the US, 2.5 million kids are removed from their homes for mistreatment; 75 million child victimizations are reported. (Many are not reported.)

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm09/cm09.pdf#page=58 Table 3-5

* Domestic Violence occurs in 60% of marriages and is the most underreported crime.

National Crime Statistics Report, 1993.

* The International Labour Organization estimated worldwide 2.5 million victims of forced labor and human trafficking worldwide 2005

ILO

* Every 9 seconds, a woman is battered in the U.S.

-Family Violence Prevention Fund, 1994.

* Domestic Violence is the cause of 30% of physical disabilities in women.

-California Department of Social Services, 1994.

* 25% to 30% of adolescent relationships are abusive.

-L.A. Commission on Assaults Against Women

Last edited:
Upvote 0

melindatodd

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry sex makes you angry and I can relate having been abused myself. Sex has been seriously corrupted by sin and our enemy loves it. I would suggest counseling to work through your feelings about having been abused and to deal with the feelings you have about your family and anyone who was involved. It will take time but you can heal from your wounds and sex won't be a topic that makes your blood boil. I would also suggest that you find some verses that defeat those negative thoughts when you start feeling tension rising within when sex is brought up. I pray you will work toward forgiveness of your perpetrator so that you can be freed from the bondage sexual abuse holds over your life.

Upvote 0