✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
there will be no marriage in heaven
Notice carefully, Jesus uses the word "resurrection" to refer to the disembodied state after death. There is no marriage there; marriage requires bodies:
(Matthew 22:30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(Matthew 22:31) But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
(Matthew 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.​

But the final goal of physical bodily resurrection is the new heavens and new earth which will have marriage with procreation and child-rearing:
(Isaiah 11:6) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid [goat]; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
(Isaiah 65:17) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
(Isaiah 65:20) There shall be no more thence [from there] an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adzinfi

Sep 27, 2017
Suva
✟1,161.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No corruptible flesh will enter heaven.

The flesh counts for nothing and worthless things cannot be in heaven:

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Heaven is full of those who are like innocent children and innocent children don't even think about sex....

Besides, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless you become like an innocent child.
This.

• Friendly
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Notice carefully, Jesus uses the word "resurrection" to refer to the disembodied state after death. There is no marriage there; marriage requires bodies:
(Matthew 22:30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(Matthew 22:31) But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
(Matthew 22:32) I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.​

But the final goal of physical bodily resurrection is the new heavens and new earth which will have marriage with procreation and child-rearing:
(Isaiah 11:6) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid [goat]; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
(Isaiah 65:17) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
(Isaiah 65:20) There shall be no more thence [from there] an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.​

Those are normal flesh and blood people having children and dying off. The question pertained to those of us who had already passed from these bodies. Two completely different classes of people.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2017
Indore
✟9,506.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
zOnce the Saddducess came to Jesus and posed this type of question to him i.e. marriage after resurrection. Lets see the bible references:
“Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures: or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage;: border-box; font-size: they will be like the angels in heaven. Mat.22:24-30 (NIV)
This is sufficient to answer your fancy question. God has promised us great things which human mind can not perceive.

However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
1Cor. 2:9 (NIV)

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
From my understanding, we will not need to have sex as we will no longer be procreating but living eternally with God.

Procreating is a carnal pursuit and heaven is a spiritual pursuit. I don't think we will need to do things like eat and go to the bathroom either, but will we need to blink or breathe?

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now that I see that we've gotten sufficiently technical, let me be technical and give a technically correct answer: no, there will be no sex in heaven, because there will never be any people in heaven. Nobody goes to heaven, except for Christ, angels, God, Isaiah and perhaps Enoch.

Here's why - this is TECHNICALLY correct, because I'm using words in the specific biblical sense, not the traditional "this is what we MEAN" sense.

"Heaven" in Scripture, both testaments, is "the skies" (a plural in Hebrew) and "ouranos" (a singular in Greek). Jesus does tell us that the Father does indeed live in the sky, and at the end of his time on earth, he visibly ascended into the sky. So yes, "Heaven" is indeed the dwelling place of God.

But the dead don't go up into Heaven. They descend into Sheol/Hades. Now, Sheol/Hades is divided into at least two parts: Gan Eden - Paradise in Greek: the Garden of God, and Gehenna, the hot and parched place of punishment and purgation.

"Soul" means body and spirit sealed together - again, TECHNICALLY speaking. What happens is that the body falls back to dirt and goes into the ground, and the spirit goes to Gehenna or Gan Eden. It may go on after a time in Gehenna - Jesus implies that - which makes Gehenna purgatorial (as the Jews believe) as opposed to irrevocable. In any case, Gehenna is NOT terminal.

For at the end of the world two things happen: All of the spirits of the dead in Hades/Sheol come back up out of Gehenna and Gan Eden into physical bodies again, alive: this is "The Resurrection". THEN they are judged.

The other thing that happens is that God's City comes down OUT of Heaven (the sky) TO the newly remade earth, and sits upon the earth. Those who are judged unworthy at final judgment, if they are guilty of certain unforgiven sins are thrown into the Lake of Fire for the second death - utterly burnt up. Others wail outside the city in outer darkness, where there will be grinding and gnashing of teeth.

Those judged worthy walk, on the new earth, through the gates of the City of God, there to reside with God, on the new earth, in the New Jerusalem.

So nobody actually ever goes "to heaven", technically speaking.

That's actually what Scripture SAYS. it's a good mental exercise to slough off the habits of using "what we MEAN" words, because we come to believe those words. Who will fight with me that we go "to heaven" after we die, or after judgment, because that's what we SAY we do?

If we say that, we're wrong. The Scripture actually tells us that the City comes down here, and the judgment, all that, happens here, not up in the sky.

God currently lives up in the sky. We can't live there. He's going to bring his city down here to live in it, with those of us who pass judgment, in the end.

Nothing to get mad about, really - that's what Scripture actually SAYS. Our tradition muddles it up with the idea of "heaven", but "heaven" means the sky.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Those are normal flesh and blood people having children and dying off. The question pertained to those of us who had already passed from these bodies. Two completely different classes of people.
Isaiah 65:17 specifically says it's the new heavens and new earth. Plus, the conditions described do not occur in this current world.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 65:17 specifically says it's the new heavens and new earth. Plus, the conditions described do not occur in this current world.

Yea, I'm aware. It also talks about sin and death as part of the new world. Are you assuming the redeemed will also sin and die?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
From my understanding, we will not need to have sex as we will no longer be procreating but living eternally with God.

Procreating is a carnal pursuit and heaven is a spiritual pursuit. I don't think we will need to do things like eat and go to the bathroom either, but will we need to blink or breathe?
Which leads me to ask, what use will a man's tallywacker be if there is no sex and no need to tinkle? An ornament?

Mat 19:12
“For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake.
He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yea, I'm aware. It also talks about sin and death as part of the new world. Are you assuming the redeemed will also sin and die?
Definitely no sin or death in the new heavens and new earth. I think the passage describes the conditions in terms of conditions familiar to them that will no longer occur. Here's the verse for reference:
In other words, if a child were to die it would not be in infancy or when young (because those things are tragic), and, if a hardened sinner was not judged and killed by God long before reaching old age, this would be unjust.

This verse has similar problems if referring to a 1,000 year millennium (I reject such a thing). It only fits perfectly when using an allegorical or figurative interpretation (I reject these as well).

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.
This is carnal thinking. You're imagining heaven the same way Muslims do. Nothing about this is Christian. The concept you're not understanding is that of theosis (i.e. salvation). Those in heaven (i.e. the state of being in the continual presence of God) will continue to become perfected. What you'll be doing in heaven is continual worship of God. Time as you currently understand it will mean nothing.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Definitely no sin or death in the new heavens and new earth. I think the passage describes the conditions in terms of conditions familiar to them that will no longer occur. Here's the verse for reference:
In other words, if a child were to die it would not be in infancy or when young (because those things are tragic), and, if a hardened sinner was not judged and killed by God long before reaching old age, this would be unjust.

This verse has similar problems if referring to a 1,000 year millennium (I reject such a thing). It only fits perfectly when using an allegorical or figurative interpretation (I reject these as well).

It also fits perfectly if Revelation isn't in chronological order and the earth and heavens are remade at the start of the 1,000 years.

This should be a discussion for another thread. I don't want to derail this one.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Which leads me to ask, what use will a man's tallywacker be if there is no sex and no need to tinkle? An ornament?

Well, if the nipples on a man are any indication, perhaps.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is carnal thinking. You're imagining heaven the same way Muslims do. Nothing about this is Christian. The concept you're not understanding is that of theosis (i.e. salvation).
Those in heaven (i.e. the state of being in the continual presence of God) will continue to become perfected. What you'll be doing in heaven is continual worship of God. Time as you currently understand it will mean nothing.
According to Revelation, we are/will be kings and priests.

Rev 1:
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father,
to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Rev 7:
15 For this reason they are before the throne of God,
and they serve Him day and night in His Sanctuary,
and the One seated on the throne will shelter them.
16 Never again will they hunger and never will they thirst;
nor will the sun beat upon them, nor any scorching heat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody goes to heaven, except for Christ, angels, God, Isaiah and perhaps Enoch.
You claim to be Catholic, aren't you forgetting Mary?

What about Elijah?
2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

And if Moses appeared with Elijah at the transfiguration, then I think Moses is there too.

And there is the thief on the cross who is in the same place as Jesus.
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

And there are 24 elders on thrones in heaven of which the 12 apostles are a part of.
Revelation 4: 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.

And we have all those martyred for Jesus.
Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

And there are countless number of saints in heaven.
Revelation 7: 9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

that's what Scripture actually SAYS. Our tradition muddles it up with the idea of "heaven", but "heaven" means the sky.
I quoted scripture, you didn't.

Heaven has more than one meaning, one is the sky, another is the dwelling place of God and his angels.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You claim to be Catholic, aren't you forgetting Mary?

What about Elijah?
2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

And if Moses appeared with Elijah at the transfiguration, then I think Moses is there too.

And there is the thief on the cross who is in the same place as Jesus.
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

And there are 24 elders on thrones in heaven of which the 12 apostles are a part of.
Revelation 4: 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads.

And we have all those martyred for Jesus.
Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

And there are countless number of saints in heaven.
Revelation 7: 9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

I quoted scripture, you didn't.

Heaven has more than one meaning, one is the sky, another is the dwelling place of God and his angels.

I meant Elijah, not Isaiah.

Mary too, yes, forgot about her.

Moses? He could come from Gan Eden to the transfiguration.

Paradise is Gan Eden, not heaven. Gan Eden is in Sheol. Abraham is there. There's a black chasm (the bottom of which may be Tartarus) fixued between Paradise and Gehenna.

If you're saying that "heaven" doesn't mean sky, you're not quoting Scripture.

John did speak of all of those saints with God in the revelation. That certainly is true.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I get the impression you're opposed to the things I am saying. I'm guessing you believe them to be Luciferian because they espouse a restoration of fleshly-oriented pleasures, correct? You have to remember that Lucifer never created physical pleasure, the Living God did. Satan just perverts it and draws men to live for it instead of serving and worshipping the Lord.

But maybe you have a source stating that such a teaching would be (or is) Luciferian. Please post it. I'd like to read it (Note: If it's too long, maybe highlight the sections that are pertinent so we don't have to read a novel). But I might find it interesting, and a good conversation piece. :oldthumbsup:
Your impression is correct, as is your statement that pleasure comes from God, just as Lucifer and and all spirits associated to It like Pan, Prometheus, Libertas, and other occult concepts of the being (the flesh) are all subject unto God and fulfill His Work and none are against Him. It would also be correct to state that there is good in the world, and beauty, and that God sees and loves the beautiful things in this world. God loves marriage, God loves family, and Gods opinion about His creation is that it is good. Sex, hunger, sleep, pain, pleasure, sadness, possession, envy, status, the love of life, pride, desire, ect. will all pass away and be no more. The Father is not the father of those who love and desire for even the "good" things of this world. For God Himself was made into one of us not that he may experience the beauty of the mountains, and the valleys, and family, and sex, and social status, and religion, and prosperity, and the good things of life, but to be oppressed and crucified by His own people.

If you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you. The Father is prepared to sacrifice even the best and most blessed and beautiful and sacred thing that He ever created, his only Child, His only companion... And His Son sacrificed all the wonderful desires and pleasures of this world and was tortured and crucified so that you could have a shot at something greater and you think the spirit of the Father or the Son is in you if you can't even sacrifice the thought giving up sex after you're dead? You must be having some good sex!

But perhaps your right, "Luciferian" may not be the right sphere for this philosophy or doctrine because even the Rosicrucians teach that there is no physical sex in the afterlife.

I'm in awe and fear of God when I see all the positive comments from people who seem to have read the New Testament at least once or go to church regularly yet did not seem to learn or catch the main theme in all of Christianity and the bible and be able to see through this kind of nonsense.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Father is not the father of those who love and desire for even the "good" things of this world. For God Himself was made into one of us not that he may experience the beauty of the mountains, and the valleys, and family, and sex, and social status, and religion, and prosperity, and the good things of life, but to be oppressed and crucified by His own people.

Are you taking away the right of Christians to marry here? Just because Jesus did not marry does not mean that no Christian should either (1 Timothy 4:3). While I'm in First Timothy, what do you do with the last words in 1 Timothy 6:17?
If you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you.

To love the world is not the same thing as appreciating the good things He has given to us. Again, you are quoting here 1 John 2:15-16, but the desire of the eyes is also an element in sexual love. Are you saying that every desire of the eyes is evil?
And His Son sacrificed all the wonderful desires and pleasures of this world and was tortured and crucified so that you could have a shot at something greater and you think the spirit of the Father or the Son is in you if you can't even sacrifice the thought giving up sex after you're dead?

Ok, hold up now. You are making assumptions about what my motivations are without even knowing who I am or what I am about, which is not only a mistake but a sin. I could sacrifice the thought very easily. I have simply come to the place where I no longer believe it is impossible that we be given our full anatomy back at the resurrection from the dead.
I'm in awe and fear of God when I see all the positive comments from people who seem to have read the New Testament at least once or go to church regularly yet did not seem to learn or catch the main theme in all of Christianity and the bible and be able to see through this kind of nonsense.

No one is disputing that the Christian life is to be one of self-sacrifice, including in the area of sexuality if a believer is given the gift of celibacy. But when you portray God as creating physical pleasure yet desiring that no one partake of it, you are portraying the God of scripture from a Gnostic point of view, which would actually make your theology the one that is "Luciferian."

Last edited:
Upvote 0