Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

It will be "heaven on earth" - the answer to the most well known prayer of all - the Lord's prayer. That is very much about living on earth in the very presence of God, which is where heaven is.

One of the points of the resurrection was to show the importance of the body - a creation of God. Jesus ate and drank that evening in front of his followers to prove that it was indeed a physical body that was resurrected. But it was an incorruptible body, and one that I assume is not dependent of food and drink, even if it can enjoy both.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.
I did'nt know Geologists studied 'sex' . How do they do that ?:ebil:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everyone here keeps focusing on animals, pleasure and marriage but nobody seems to remember Genesis 6:4 that indicate the angels from heaven are able to have sex with humans. Angels in heaven having the ability to have sex.... That would indicate to me that when Yeshua says the angels don't marry he was not referring to them not able to have sex.

One has to wonder, if angels can mate with humans, why do angels have this ability, even though they don't 'marry'? And, if we will be like them, would we not also have the ability to procreate yet not marry? I mean, why were angels able to have children with humans (Gen 6:4)? They obviously had the means to 'have sex'. And they were angels in heaven, fallen though they were. It's one thing to say it was their fallen state that caused them to have children with humans, but one can't deny that they were able to do this in the first place. Heavenly angels (all be it fallen) having sex with women. No sex in heaven? Why were these angles able to do such? On earth as it is in heaven. Where angels can choose to mate with mankind. If there is no male nor female in heaven how did angels have children from women? And on that note, why didn't any women angels have sex with men? It seems only the 'sons' of God came to earthly women. Are angels only male? Are there any daughters of God that found the men of earth so desirous that they wanted to have our babies? Seems like scripture implies there are no female angels, or at least fallen ones.
Lot's of 'food' for thought !!

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Considering in the next life I will be neither male or female and I will not be married. No, there will be no sex in Heaven. But we won't miss sex because there will be MUCH better things in Heaven.
Where does it say there will be no male or female ? I believe this to be false ,as Paul meant that there would not be the kind of societal différences as there was in the past ,but that all will be treated equally .

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say there will be no male or female .I believe this to be false ,as Paul meant that there would not be the kind of societal différences as there was in the past ,but that all will be treated equally .

I'm on my phone right now and I cannot remember where in the Bible it said that. I think Jesus said it somewhere in Matthew.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are actually some species that have sex for pleasure. Bonobo's (closely related to chimps) and dolphins regularly engage in sex for pleasure. I believe there may be a few other species also.

is this statement true? does sexual behavior and reproductive functions mean the same thing?

"Reproductive functions" would include things like gametogenesis, the functioning of ovaries and testes, hormonal controls, fertilization, embryogenesis, and other things that have nothing to do with behavior.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm on my phone right now and I cannot remember where in the Bible it said that. I think Jesus said it somewhere in Matthew.
Jesus said there would be 'no marriage ' in heaven . Nothing about there being no men or women ,or even that there would be no sex . One has to be precise,not add to or subtract.:idea:

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a curious response. Are you saying that after Jesus resurrected from the dead three days later He no longer had His full anatomy?
God is Spirit.
The Son of God existed in a spiritual body before being incarnate.
Hebrews 2 explains the Son of God was made lower when he took on flesh.
After Jesus ascended to heaven he returned to his glorified state, that means with a spiritual body.
I don't believe the resurrected state of Jesus was his most glorified state, although he did exhibit some extraordinary physics. Was Jesus' face shining as bright as the sun like in his transfiguration? I don't even think Jesus' transfiguration was the most of his glorified state.

Matthew 17: 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
I understand your point, but my view is that Adam and Eve would have lived forever AND reproduced had they not sinned in the garden. And we will all be restored to our original state of immortality after the resurrection from the dead.
When I was younger, I thought of the mathematics of living forever and reproducing forever. A physical world just can not sustain such a concept. Eventually the world would be filled as in the original command given by God. My first attempt to reconcile this was to think that people would just go to heaven like Enoch, without dying.

As I studied scripture more, I discovered that it was God's plan since creation for Jesus to die for us. That means we were never meant to live here forever even though people were certainly able to live "forever" like almost a thousand years.

Look to the difference between how Revelation 21,22 describe the next age. Compare it to the creation account. Two differences are most important in the next age:
1) heaven and earth are together, meaning God dwells with us.
2) There is no sun, day or night which represent time.

Would you want to live forever without God dwelling with you, in a sense such that you can see him continuously?

There is no point to have time or the measurement mechanism of time when you live forever. As such there is none only in the next age.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said there would be 'no marriage ' in heaven . Nothing about there being no men or women ,or even that there would be no sex . One has to be precise,not add to or subtract.:idea:

No not that scripture when I get home I'll look it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where angels can choose to mate with mankind. If there is no male nor female in heaven how did angels have children from women? And on that note, why didn't any women angels have sex with men? It seems only the 'sons' of God came to earthly women. Are angels only male? Are there any daughters of God that found the men of earth so desirous that they wanted to have our babies? Seems like scripture implies there are no female angels
Genesis 6 is argued much, but I can understand your logic that there is only male angels. Also note that even God with the Holy Spirit can conceive in women to take on flesh in Jesus. For any fallen angels to do such is an abomination to God.

Also note that the appearance of angels on earth is as men, such that the homosexuals in Sodom wanted to have sex with them. But, I believe when angels visit on earth they take on a physical body to do so. It is not their native body, for they are spirits.

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sex is the start of marriage to God.
Further look at the text closely. It list marriage twice, first the secular view, then the intimate sex act view.

Matthew 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe the resurrected state of Jesus was his most glorified state, although he did exhibit some extraordinary physics. Was Jesus' face shining as bright as the sun like in his transfiguration? I don't even think Jesus' transfiguration was the most of his glorified state.

I fully agree with you that Jesus could and does now manifest in various stages of glorification, depending upon the circumstances. But this doesn't seem to rule out that His natural resurrected state was fully as a man in all respects. My main argument in this discussion is always this: Why would we need our resurrected bodies back if they bore little difference to our spirit bodies in Heaven? The suggestion seems to be that His plan all along was to return us to our original state in the garden (not only us but the entire earth), as a means of accomplishing victory over everything Satan did, with death itself even being cast into the Lake of Fire.
When I was younger, I thought of the mathematics of living forever and reproducing forever. A physical world just can not sustain such a concept.

I agree with you here, but I have heard it said (from someone who had a 3rd Heaven experience) that Heaven is like a planet, and that in eternity we will actually inhabit other planets besides just this one. I have to admit that is TOTAL conjecture and not something I would bet my eternal soul on. Just something I recall hearing one time that seems plausible. I mean, why would He have created the entire universe if He only intended for the earth to be used? Seems strange. Granted again, it's all speculation. I fully admit that. But it makes you think.

If however we will only inhabit the earth then you would indeed seem to be correct. We would over-poplulate this planet. Then again, I think someone did calculations on the New Jerusalem according to the measurements recorded in Revelation, and according to those the city of God will be like the size of Texas or something, LoL. So there's also that... Just thinking out loud.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I fully agree with you that Jesus could and does now manifest in various stages of glorification, depending upon the circumstances. But this doesn't seem to rule out that His natural resurrected state was fully as a man in all respects. My main argument in this discussion is always this: Why would we need our resurrected bodies back if they bore little difference to our spirit bodies in Heaven? The suggestion seems to be that His plan all along was to return us to our original state in the garden (not only us but the entire earth), as a means of accomplishing victory over everything Satan did, with death itself even being cast into the Lake of Fire.

I agree with you here, but I have heard it said (from someone who had a 3rd Heaven experience) that Heaven is like a planet, and that in eternity we will actually inhabit other planets besides just this one. I have to admit that is TOTAL conjecture and not something I would bet my eternal soul on. Just something I recall hearing one time that seems plausible. I mean, why would He have created the entire universe if He only intended for the earth to be used? Seems strange. Granted again, it's all speculation. I fully admit that. But it makes you think.

If however we will only inhabit the earth then you would indeed seem to be correct. We would over-poplulate this planet. Then again, I think someone did calculations on the New Jerusalem according to the measurements recorded in Revelation, and according to those the city of God will be like the size of Texas or something, LoL. So there's also that... Just thinking out loud.
I like Texas.....
I just hope it doesn't land on top of me.............

Jhn 4:21
Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me,
the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Heb 12:22
But ye have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,

Reve 21:
15 And the one talking with me had measure reed, golden, that he should be measuring the City and the gates of Her and the wall of Her
16 And the City four cornered is-lying, and the length of Her as much as, and the breadth. And he measures the City to the reed on stadia twelve thousands the length and the breath and the height of Her equals is
17 And he measures the wall of Her, hundred forty four of cubits, measure of a Man, which is of a Messenger.

Ephesian 3:
17 To dwell the Christ thru the Faith in the hearts of ye in Love, having been rooted and having been founded,
18 That ye should be being strong to be grasping/apprehending together to all the Saints what the breadth and length and height and depth ,
19 To know the transcending of the knowledge love of the Christ , that ye may be being filled into all filling of the God

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is male, all of his angels are male, his son Jesus was male, all of his disciples were male. God has no female counterpart. There are no females in heaven and never will be.

Genesis 1 says "In God's image he made him, male and female he made them." In the beginning, making them female was making them in God's image. In Hebrew, the word "Spirit" is feminine. The "Holy Spirit" is feminine in Hebrew,

Upvote 0