~ Sex in Heaven? ~

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.

Considering in the next life I will be neither male or female and I will not be married. No, there will be no sex in Heaven. But we won't miss sex because there will be MUCH better things in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm always so confused when Christians believe they will be 'living' forever in Heaven as opposed to on earth when the revelation given John states that heaven comes down to earth, to dwell forever with the 'living'.

A New Heaven and a New Earth
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Let's look at the implications of this text. When all things are made new, heaven and earth, the Holy City is set up that comes down from heaven. Which is also referred to as 'a bride' for her husband(marriage in the new heavens?). Yet here is the kicker, God's dwelling place (heaven?) is now among the people and he dwells with them. Having come down from heaven.

Where is the scriptural witness that we loose our physicality and dwell in heaven? I've never found that in all my years. It's an assumed false doctrine based on a midrash from Paul. A teaching that is so convoluted that it consumes two false doctrines, resurrected to dwell in heaven, and the rapture.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟61,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.
If there's no sex, there will be something better, it's written that in heaven they will neither marry nor be given in marriage.

But if there is sex I think it will be multiple partners, but I know a lot of people won't agree with that.

But no one knows.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's one thing to say it was their fallen state that caused them to have children with humans, but one can't deny that they were able to do this in the first place.

With all due and proper respect to Alex, I am likewise of the opinion that Genesis 6:1-4 refers to angels copulating with the daughters of men to beget the giants of old. This position is extensively supported by numerous ancient Jewish texts pre-dating the NT (and as Whiston stated was "the constant opinion of antiquity"), plus quotes from the NT writers themselves, and the early church fathers up until the time of St.Jerome.

But that having been said, there is something you need to understand here: They took on the ability to procreate in disobedience to God. It was an explicitly rebellious act, since God only told mankind to go forth and be fruitful. Even though they are spirit beings, angels can manifest physically, such as when the angel wrestled with Jacob. But to take on the complete anatomy of men in order to procreate was operating WAY outside the boundaries of what the Creator ordained for them. So to say they were created with sexual ability is going too far. They were NOT allowed to procreate, which is what made this sin so egregious in the eyes of God.
Are there any daughters of God that found the men of earth so desirous that they wanted to have our babies? Seems like scripture implies there are no female angels, or at least fallen ones.

I once believed angels only appeared as men, but I no longer do. I think there are several classes of angels, and while warring angels most certainly have the appearance of men, I believe there are some messenger-class angels who may indeed appear to be what we would generally associate with being "female." But remember, these are only appearances. I believe all angels to be sexless, whatever gender they may appear to take.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

Sex at its best is full and committed intimacy with another person, body and soul. There is a deep joy in that togetherness and a feeling of belonging and completeness that matures and grows with time. This is the kind of human intimacy that can heal or wound deeply depending on how people approach it. It is also the way in which we reproduce as human beings and this fits God procreative purpose in the Creation mandate. Since the Nephilim had sex with humans it does not seem that the angels are incapable of sex. Also in Zechariah 5:9 we have female angels and elsewhere male ones so there is still a gender differentiation amongst heavenly citizens. We will be like the angels but that does not make us physical eunuchs. Indeed since our glorified bodies are more likely to be perfected in everyway. So we would be more than capable of all that human beings can do and there is no change to our basic equipment.

But I think that sex will be irrelevant in the new heavens and earth. In the full and intimate presence of the Divine and of the glorified body of the church as a whole our joy and experience of God and each other will be so intense as to render the highest moments of sex irrelevant even for the sex addicts amongst us. In the sharing that we experience with each other sex with just one person would get in the way of the fullness we could enjoy with all people. Sex will seem like a reduction of what we experience to a tiny subset of what is possible. It will be an idol only to those determined to fall from grace. I think our greatest memories of sex will seem trivial in our glorified state even though they may be pinnacle moments for us right now. Also there is no mention of angel babies in the bible. So if we are like the angels there then it seems the procreative purpose to sex is missing completely.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This should become a "hot" thread.......
I saw this movie some time back and fell in love with it.
I is Judgement City where you defend your life in a court to see where you will be sent. [I don't want to give away the ending ehehe]
Now this would be my ideal heaven!

"Yuppie Daniel Miller is killed in a car accident and goes to Judgment City, a waiting room for the afterlife. During the day, he must prove in a courtroom-style process that he successfully overcame his fears (a hard task, given the pitiful life we are shown); at night, he falls in love with Julia, the only other young person in town.
Nights are a time of hedonistic pleasure, since you can (for instance) eat all you want without getting fat."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
is it unscientific to say the definition sex is reproductive functions?

animals don't have anything off limits, so that isn't the definition.

I'm not so sure that animals don't have things off limits. Consider - several times God said that man is to rule the animals. God also said that animals will be accountable for shedding human blood. Truth is, the revelations that God has given us, he has given us. He never spelled out for us his deal with the animals, and we really have no idea at all. There is a hint of moral responsibility of the animals in Genesis.

Balaam's ass certainly had a mind and spoke when her tongue was loosened by God. That was not God speaking out the donkey, the the donkey expressing itself.

I don't think that we can legitimately say much at all definitive about God's deal with the animals. He didn't tell us. We'll know once we're dead.

Upvote 0

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I've always wondered about that because of this:

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Genesis 6
4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0

Adzinfi

Sep 27, 2017
Suva
✟1,161.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings!

No there isn't.
We are given NEW bodies to inhabit .uncorupted and incoruptable .

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No corruptible flesh will enter heaven.

The flesh counts for nothing and worthless things cannot be in heaven:

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Heaven is full of those who are like innocent children and innocent children don't even think about sex....

Besides, you cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless you become like an innocent child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not so sure that animals don't have things off limits. Consider - several times God said that man is to rule the animals. God also said that animals will be accountable for shedding human blood. Truth is, the revelations that God has given us, he has given us. He never spelled out for us his deal with the animals, and we really have no idea at all. There is a hint of moral responsibility of the animals in Genesis.

Balaam's ass certainly had a mind and spoke when her tongue was loosened by God. That was not God speaking out the donkey, the the donkey expressing itself.

I don't think that we can legitimately say much at all definitive about God's deal with the animals. He didn't tell us. We'll know once we're dead.

As in-people use terms like homosexuality with regards to animals (for humans it refers to off limits behavior).

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is one Christian Philosopher who proposes that there might actually 'be' some form of sexuality in heaven. No, his name isn't Saint Hefner.
Maybe not Christian, but the Muslims are worried because the supply of virgins in heaven will soon be short with the latest addition of "Saint Hefner". Wife saw it on facebook, so it must be true. Don't credit me.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The real question in this debate however is, Will we be given our sexuality back after the resurrection from the dead?
So many Christians ignore Paul's writings in 1 Corinthians 15 where he says the resurrected body will be in the pattern of Jesus, not Adam. It will be a spiritual body. It will be as a plant is to the seed.

Regardless, think about the purpose of sex and marriage is for reproduction. You can't have reproduction and life forever.

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

There are actually some species that have sex for pleasure. Bonobo's (closely related to chimps) and dolphins regularly engage in sex for pleasure. I believe there may be a few other species also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have two 7 month old kittens here that we just had spayed. Also we have an older male that the neighbor got neutered. I am wondering what effect that is going to have on them. I am told that the males will be less aggressive. Not sure what the effect will be on the female. I always think about the Prairie Vole that mates for life because they have hormones that other species do not have. To remove body parts means you remove hormones and the effect that those hormones have on us. Some people like to wait until the kittens are more mature and more developed before they get them fixed.

I am not happy that we have to butcher animals and remove parts that God created them with. But that is a reflection of living in a fallen world. We are told to be fruitful and multiply so reproduction is a part of what God puts us here to do.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many Christians ignore Paul's writings in 1 Corinthians 15 where he says the resurrected body will be in the pattern of Jesus, not Adam. It will be a spiritual body.

That's a curious response. Are you saying that after Jesus resurrected from the dead three days later He no longer had His full anatomy?
Regardless, think about the purpose of sex and marriage is for reproduction. You can't have reproduction and life forever.

I understand your point, but my view is that Adam and Eve would have lived forever AND reproduced had they not sinned in the garden. And we will all be restored to our original state of immortality after the resurrection from the dead.

Upvote 0

Saved.By.Grace

Sep 24, 2017
Brierley Hill
✟4,702.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings!

So how is this "theology"?

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

I'm pretty sure a lot of the animals enjoy it too, especially male mammals.

I prefer to talk about 'in the resurrection' the terminology Jesus used. There is a folk belief that we die and wake up in heaven and that's it. But we await the resurrection, the redemption of our bodies. Jesus said the resurrection they are neither married nor are given in marriage but are as the angels of God in heaven. The resurrected body is different from this type of body we now have.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
will there be sex in heaven?
will my dog be in heaven?
will I get to see my friends in heaven?

I think we may be missing the point of what heaven is supposed to be. it's a place where we get to be with our eternal husband Jesus Christ ever basking in His presence and receiving pleasure in being with Him with our brokenness coming from our sin nature completely eliminated as we are eternally wooed by our Creator.

I personally look forward to it, as all these earthly things I think are so important will no longer matter and pale in comparison to what's to come.

Upvote 0