United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Funny, my wife asked me the same thing the other day. I told her that since there will be no marriage in heaven, then there would be no confines for such behavior as God has placed on His people here in this world, as in married people only. In other words, no sex, because heaven isn't going to be a giant orgy.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny, my wife asked me the same thing the other day. I told her that since there will be no marriage in heaven, then there would be no confines for such behavior as God has placed on His people here in this world, as in married people only. In other words, no sex, because heaven isn't going to be a giant orgy.

It's funny. My wife expressed a similar question; she almost seemed concerned about it. :rolleyes::eek::confused:o_O:D

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings!

Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex. God gave us certain body parts that produce arousal, where as other species don't have "sex" for pleasure, they just mate by instinct. I'm no geologist, so I'm not 100% sure though.

When we reach Heaven, what will be the deal with sex? Will those certain body parts we have now be pointless?

I tell you one thing, if I never have to use the toilet ever again in Heaven that will be amazing!! lol All that time shaving, using the toilet, bathing....ugh. Complete waste of human time in my opinion. :) Don't worry, I do bathe.

There is one Christian Philosopher who proposes that there might actually 'be' some form of sexuality in heaven. No, his name isn't Saint Hefner.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about it. I'm sure that being in a Transcendent state rather than just hang'n around in the flesh will have it's own 'kicks.' :cool:

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm surprised the women would be more curious about this than the men. Regardless, it doesn't seem right. I wonder what experiences God will allow us in Heaven then. Maybe the whole time will be such a euphoria it won't be necessary.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings!

Doesn't the Bible answer that question?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suspect that, since there will be no male or female in heaven, there wont be sex. This, however, doesn't exclude the possibility of feeling the great joy that you feel after a physical encounter now....In fact I believe the feeling will be greater.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

I suspect that God will give his people "pleasures" that make even the best sex pale in comparison. I love C.S.Lewis description of paradise in "The Great Divorce." The colours of the sky (sunset?) are so real that they hurt the eyes, the grass had a substance so real it hurt naked feet, and even the water in the bubbling brook felt solid to the non-believer. Today our perception of reality is like looking through windows that have been sandblasted, in heaven we will experience actual reality. So the pleasures will be beyond anything we can imagine now. Nobody will be longing to return to the days of sexual [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] - they will seem to have been so bland, so passé, so "yesterday."

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Human Beings to my knowledge are the only creation that actually enjoy sex.

I must be a voyeur. Have you ever watched rabbits have sex? Yeah, they really seem to enjoy it, like it blows their minds. It was my chosen subject of research in a class in college (you know those crazy college students. Having the overhead transparencies printed at the local office store got me some quizzical looks and remarks). The short of it is that we have every reason to believe that many animals enjoy it. It's not just instinct.

I would suspect that, since there will be no male or female in heaven, there wont be sex.

Where did you get the idea that there will be no male or female? I don't think I saw that in the Bible anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I must be a voyeur. Have you ever watched rabbits have sex? Yeah, they really seem to enjoy it, like it blows their minds. It was my chosen subject of research in a class in college (you know those crazy college students. Having the overhead transparencies printed at the local office store got me some quizzical looks and remarks). The short of it is that we have every reason to believe that many animals enjoy it. It's not just instinct.

Where did you get the idea that there will be no male or female? I don't think I saw that in the Bible anywhere.

It's in the Bible.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are right....There is a Passage namely:
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Which could be talking about after this life as well.....but the correlation is not 100% obvious.

I was thinking more of the below passage:
Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it does

Please tell.... :) because I'm not sure where in scripture it mentions sex or anything to that subject. I understand the word "pleasures" as noted in a comment above, but was curious if there was anything specific.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please tell.... :) because I'm not sure where in scripture it mentions sex or anything to that subject. I understand the word "pleasures" as noted in a comment above, but was curious if there was anything specific.

See post #13...looks like Raymond already beat me to it :D

• Informative
Reactions: CoolDude68
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
See post #13...looks like Raymond already beat me to it :D

But Galatians 3:28 pertains to our standing before Christ as heirs. Not to our future physical nature.

If it pertained to physical changes, since Paul applies it to the here and now, then there would be amorphous physical alterations to our bodies the moment we were saved making us no longer male or female in this world as well.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marriage in the biblical context means that you have had sex. The two are joined as one.

The "marriage ceremony" only celebrates that fact, but you are not "married" until it has been 'consummated'. Before that, you are "betrothed" (attached to the family unit in a promise to care for...)

Keeping that in mind, read what the Lord said...

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20:34-35
And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

This doesn't mean physical changes... only changes in our needs.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The testimony of several who have had 3rd Heaven experiences (including Richard Eby and Harold Pittman) is that the saints are indeed sexless, i.e. their sexual body parts are no longer present.

The real question in this debate however is, Will we be given our sexuality back after the resurrection from the dead? We are sexless in Heaven because we are clothed in our spirit bodies, which in Heaven are as real as our physical ones are down here. But to my mind, the entire reason for the resurrection from the dead is to restore us to our original bodies completely, only in glory.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they wish on this, of course. I'm simply sharing my opinion on it.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The testimony of several who have had 3rd Heaven experiences (including Richard Eby and Harold Pittman) is that the saints are indeed sexless, i.e. their sexual body parts are no longer present.

Wonder how that worked... welcome to heaven, let me show you something!

...restore us to our original bodies completely, only in glory.

Right, and glorified bodies have no needs.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0