Oregon
Visit site
✟1,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
luc said:
SEX B4 MARRIAGE IS NOT BAD IN(as long as its legal) sex b4 marriage is vital to know if ur "compatible" wit ur partner

Uhuh...then how did people survive for the entire course of human history when sex before marriage was considered a bad thing??

Upvote 0

wvernon

Sep 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟1,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
I see you are a Methodist Christian. How is it then that you can say that sex before marriage is important to check compatibility when Jesus said,

"3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'[2] ? 6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Sex is the act that unites a husband and wife. It was not meant to be used as a tool to test compatibility between people. It was meant to be done only between one set of partners only, not multiple partners until the right "feeling" person is found. The kind of compatibility you are describing is lust. Your process is a process intended to find out who satisfies one's lust better. It is not love. It seems to me the kind of sex you are looking for is a selfish experience that satisfies you (with no or little consideration for your partner) with some kind of incredible experience. But what will you be left with when you both grow old or one of you is incapacitated in some way that affects your sexual performance? The sex will be gone. You should build your relationship on love (a selfless love of which Christ set the ultimate example).

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

If I were seeking a mate, I would be seeking someone who I love like that who loves me back in the same way. If two people both love each other in this way, I am certain the sex (after marriage of course) would be better than any lust driven sex on the planet. It is the way God meant sex to be experienced.

Upvote 0

Arkanin

Human
Oct 13, 2003
Texas
✟7,151.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know a lot of Christians who say the claim that sex before marriage is immoral isn't biblical, or say that the sexual act is a spiritual kind of marriage. And that it isn't wrong.

My advice is decide for yourself what you think is right instead of letting other people tell you.

Upvote 0
darkfiredance said:
Alright, here is my deal. I have been dating this guy for over a year, and not too long ago, I lost my virginity to him. I was alway raised to the thought in which this was terribly wrong, but when it came to talking about, deciding it, and being put into the situation, I felt as if it was okay. It was as if the only thing making me scared and holding me back was how I was trained to think about it. My dad has also given me a promise ring, in which now I have broken, I feel bad about this yes, but in a way I don't. I love this man, and I felt as though I can show it through this. Is that so wrong? Is it really an umforgiveable sin? I feel bad and yet I do not feel bad at all. I feel good in some way, like I was to rebel and I want to do my own thing. I don't know what to think, I can not talk to him because he is not a christian, and well frankly does not know anything about what I've been brought up like. Right now I've been traveling through a tough time with God, and I've kind of given up, maybe its my way of showing, but I know I might regret this, or maybe I won't, maybe we will get married, I don't know. I just want thoughts, and answers, and opinions on this if its not too much trouble, I am very troubled by this at times, and it does not help dealing with depression and other issues on top of things. What do you all think, and feel personally, and in my situation.
Hi, This is a situation that I can empathize with, because I have been were you are at, and I know exactly what you are feeling. First of all, having sex is not the only way you can express your love to your boyfriend....love is far more than sex. I have learned that the hard way. Secondly, if you ask God for forgiveness then he will forgive you. When I had pre-marital sex I felt bad because I knew it was wrong, but on the other hand I knew I was going to marry him, but that still doesn't make it right in God's eyes. Don't do like I did and try to justify having pre-marital sex, because there is no justification for it. I will stress the importance of talking to your boyfriend about your beliefs in God. Just because he is not a christian doesn't mean that you can't talk to him about your beliefs in God

I know you feel regret for breaking the promise with your dad, just have a little talk with Jesus, and I know that He will give you peace.

God still loves you and I pray that you will not give up on your relationship with God. He will forgive you. Don't ever give up on God...Seek him with everything you have in you.

I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArtMommy

Sep 26, 2004
Crosby Texas
Visit site
✟7,632.00
Faith
Christian
I hate to admit it, but when I was a teenager, I didn't have any respect for my body, or what I did to it.
I even made a promise to God in front of the church, promises to wait till I was married.

But, I didn't keep that promise....:blush:

And you know what.... A few years after high school, I accepted Christ into my heart. :amen:

I felt His love like nothing I have felt before. He took me into His family, and had open arms for me to come to.

He forgave me for all the horrible decisions I made.. and things I done.

I know now He will always be my best friend, and never leave my side..:amen:

Don't give up! Life is full of mistakes and wrong doings. But, God will never ever turn you away.

If you want to talk more about this with me, let me know. I am here for you to talk too. :hug:

God Bless

Upvote 0

specialgirl

Sep 22, 2004
✟114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So, are you saying that if you want a Snickers, then steal it?
God calls us to have self-control, so to say that "if you want
sex, have it" is a pretty bad mentality. The guidelines, and
convictions He gives us, are to protect us. Just because you're
"in the mood" doesn't mean give into that desire. It's been proven
that restraint increase the joy of sex. It's all around funner and
healthier to be married when you have sex.

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I have been there, and those times are tough. I got to the point where I wasnt being convicted of the things I was doing wrong anymore. I basically did let go of God and gave up. I felt like I didnt care, and quite frankly I didnt. I lost my virginity to a non-christian who was a fireman, and his parents cared but they didnt mind that we did as long as we used protection. (which made NO sense to me whatsoever!) But anyway, I did it and like you said I felt bad but then again I didnt. I have a promise ring that my mom bought me a couple years ago, but I dont wear it now. I broke that promise not only with my family, but also, with God.

Now I the one I am going to marry, we both agreed and came to the realization that we were NOT going to do that no matter how horny (so to speak) we get. We are not going to. You have to set that boundary. You cant step out of the will of God like that especially with a unbeliever. If you dont end up marrying this guy you dont have that special moment on your wedding night. I wish I would of waited...But I didnt, and now I have to look at my future husband and realize that I wont be sharing that moment with him.

and do not marry an unbeliever, no matter how "far" you are away from God. Don't do it.
That is so the truth. There is a saying "You are who you hang out with" If you want to become a non-christian that is your business not mine. But you need now to step back and re-evaluate everything and come to a conclusion and do what you think is best. You could hear everyones opinion on here but the only one that counts is yours.

Upvote 0

luc

Aug 21, 2004
✟7,904.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
specialgirl said:
So, are you saying that if you want a Snickers, then steal it?
God calls us to have self-control, so to say that "if you want
sex, have it" is a pretty bad mentality. The guidelines, and
convictions He gives us, are to protect us. Just because you're
"in the mood" doesn't mean give into that desire. It's been proven
that restraint increase the joy of sex. It's all around funner and
healthier to be married when you have sex.

is this y 40% of american couples are involved in sexless marriages????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CHESS

Sep 27, 2004
✟169.00
Faith
Christian
darkfiredance said:
Alright, here is my deal. I have been dating this guy for over a year, and not too long ago, I lost my virginity to him. I was alway raised to the thought in which this was terribly wrong, but when it came to talking about, deciding it, and being put into the situation, I felt as if it was okay. It was as if the only thing making me scared and holding me back was how I was trained to think about it. My dad has also given me a promise ring, in which now I have broken, I feel bad about this yes, but in a way I don't. I love this man, and I felt as though I can show it through this. Is that so wrong? Is it really an umforgiveable sin? I feel bad and yet I do not feel bad at all. I feel good in some way, like I was to rebel and I want to do my own thing. I don't know what to think, I can not talk to him because he is not a christian, and well frankly does not know anything about what I've been brought up like. Right now I've been traveling through a tough time with God, and I've kind of given up, maybe its my way of showing, but I know I might regret this, or maybe I won't, maybe we will get married, I don't know. I just want thoughts, and answers, and opinions on this if its not too much trouble, I am very troubled by this at times, and it does not help dealing with depression and other issues on top of things. What do you all think, and feel personally, and in my situation.
1 First of all sincerely ask and you will be forgiven,however you must be willing to stop the sin.

2 This situation is one of the reasons believers should not date non believers,I must ask you do you think it is a healthy relationship when you cannot discuss a matter as important as this.

3 Sex can equal children,do you want your children raised by a non believing father.No birth control is perfect, if you become pregnant will he accept his responsibility as a father,Is this the man you want as the father to your children.

4 Should you do something this important unless you are 100 percent certain it is right.

5 How will you feel if this goes on another 6 months and then he moves on,will you feel good about yourself.

My advice is this,you must have a serious talk with this man,he needs to know your religous beliefs and that you are uncomfortable with premarital sex.If this man truly loves you he will be willing to wait until marriage,if he is unwilling to wait or does not express a desire to pursue marriage then you should move on.The biggest mistake we make in relationships is thinking with our hearts instead of our minds,the fact that we love someone does not mean they are someone we should try to build a life with.Its amazing that we sometimes put more thought into buying our clothes or automobiles than we do in choosing a mate.If we have a large family would we buy a small car,if gas mileage is important do we buy a Suburban.Decide what you want in a husband,write it down on paper then when you date look for those qualities,if they are not there then look at another model.
If you allow your heart to overide your good judgement you may regret it for years to come and sadly so might your children.

Upvote 0

holyroller2005

Jun 30, 2004
✟452.00
Faith
Pentecostal
We all feel differently about what is and isnt wrong. Some people feel that if it feels wrong, it is wrong and if it doesnt it isnt. Personally, I dont know. Most of us want to mantain sexual purity until marriage, I know that I do. Yet, we are human and we all make mistakes. Im NOT saying you made a mistake. I promise you Im not...Ive made mistakes too. Just pray about it... ask God and seek His guidance. Walk by faith not my sight. Good luck and may God bless you!

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
darkfiredance said:
Alright, here is my deal. I have been dating this guy for over a year, and not too long ago, I lost my virginity to him. I was alway raised to the thought in which this was terribly wrong, but when it came to talking about, deciding it, and being put into the situation, I felt as if it was okay. It was as if the only thing making me scared and holding me back was how I was trained to think about it. My dad has also given me a promise ring, in which now I have broken, I feel bad about this yes, but in a way I don't. I love this man, and I felt as though I can show it through this. Is that so wrong? Is it really an unforgiveable sin? I feel bad and yet I do not feel bad at all. I feel good in some way, like I was to rebel and I want to do my own thing. I don't know what to think, I can not talk to him because he is not a christian, and well frankly does not know anything about what I've been brought up like. Right now I've been traveling through a tough time with God, and I've kind of given up, maybe its my way of showing, but I know I might regret this, or maybe I won't, maybe we will get married, I don't know. I just want thoughts, and answers, and opinions on this if its not too much trouble, I am very troubled by this at times, and it does not help dealing with depression and other issues on top of things. What do you all think, and feel personally, and in my situation.

Unforgiveable? No absolutely not. We are all sinners even those of us who call ourselves Christian are still sinners and we fall short of God's glory all the time (Romans 3:23). There is only one unforgiveable sin and that is to reject Christ and his work on the cross for the salvation of mankind.

Yes, it does hurt to know that you have broken a promise. I would be surprised if it didn't hurt. Because if that were so than you would be apathetic to the word of God and to anyone who made a promise to you as you did to them. Promises wouldn't mean anything at all, but what you did is forgiveable. What is worse for you breaking a promise or doing something that contradicts what you have been taught? I think that for you right now it is both. But I think that you are being harder on yourself than your father will be on you. He will be disappointed in you and probably angry at your boyfriend for putting you in that position in the first place.

God knows you and your weaknesses and loves you anyway. That is why he sent his Son to die for you so that the guilt you have over the sin is imputed to Jesus who died in your place. Christ died for sins, once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit. [1 Peter 3:18]

You don't mention much about faith but you seem to have a grasp on what is righteous. You won't be able to fight this sin without the help of God. Sex is a gift from him as well and it was given for the purpose of two people committed to each other to come together. Is your boyfriend ready for that committment? Are you? These are 2 very important questions to ask next this situation comes up (I can almost guarantee it will). God knows what you will do before you do it.

If you want to talk some more about it please PM me and I will be happy to share more with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.