• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Severe pregnancy sickness a disability?

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

I'm not trying to be a wimp. I'm really sick all the time and trying to figure out my financial options. Delivering packages in 100+ Arizona heat when I'm sick all the time while pregnant is not something I think I can just tough out. I am barely making it to school to finish my externship.

I may be prematurely freaking out because I am on some decent pills that kind of help so I may be able to just apply for a work from home until the baby is born then go to work in my field and tough it out with medicine.

I don't know though is applying for disability when your very sick while pregnant a foolish idea? Do they even consider severe sickness during pregnancy a disability and how often and how sick is sick enough.

I'm so frustrated. I live in the U.S. and I keep getting people telling me silly thing like oh eat crackers oh gingerale or women telling me they only threw up once. Uh lol I eat crackers gingerale take prescription pills twice a day and 700mg of chamomile 4 times a day and I'm still nauseated and sometimes I still throw up. That stuff doesn't help me that much.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I'm not trying to be a wimp. I'm really sick all the time and trying to figure out my financial options. Delivering packages in 100+ Arizona heat when I'm sick all the time while pregnant is not something I think I can just tough out. I am barely making it to school to finish my externship.

I may be prematurely freaking out because I am on some decent pills that kind of help so I may be able to just apply for a work from home until the baby is born then go to work in my field and tough it out with medicine.

I don't know though is applying for disability when your very sick while pregnant a foolish idea? Do they even consider severe sickness during pregnancy a disability and how often and how sick is sick enough.

I'm so frustrated. I live in the U.S. and I keep getting people telling me silly thing like oh eat crackers oh gingerale or women telling me they only threw up once. Uh lol I eat crackers gingerale take prescription pills twice a day and 700mg of chamomile 4 times a day and I'm still nauseated and sometimes I still throw up. That stuff doesn't help me that much.

Disability is difficult to get, but you're pregnant so it's probably easier in your case. Don't push yourself too far when your pregnant is my advice. The baby comes first. I would apply for temporary disability if your medical records support it, which it sounds like they do if you've received medications for it.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think that would qualify.

Probably not but then what do pregnant women do when they are sick in the U.S. have bad credit and don't have savings and are self employed. It's not like everyone has good jobs out of college with only a 4 year degree. I'm not aborting so don't suggest it. Like how do you even work when all you do is throw up or feel nauseated amd medicine doesn't help 100%? I just hear women abort but that really doesn't seem fair. Also no I don't have a church or family to rely on.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Probably not but then what do pregnant people do when they are sick in the U.S. have bad credit and don't have savings and are self employed. I'm not aborting so don't suggest it. Like how do you even work when all you do is throw up or feel nauseated amd medicine doesn't help?

I seem to remember when I was married that my wife got paid time off of work in the third trimester. I can't remember if it was state paid or work paid. You should definitely check into it though. I mean why not check?

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Probably not but then what do pregnant women do when they are sick in the U.S. have bad credit and don't have savings and are self employed. It's not like everyone has good jobs out of college with only a 4 year degree. I'm not aborting so don't suggest it. Like how do you even work when all you do is throw up or feel nauseated amd medicine doesn't help 100%? I just hear women abort but that really doesn't seem fair. Also no I don't have a church or family to rely on.
I would never suggest abortion.

You're self-employed - can you describe your business? Do you have anyone working for you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would never suggest abortion.

You're self-employed - can you describe your business? Do you have anyone working for you?

It's not a business I side hustle (I'm a delivery contractor for two companies and I resale books on ebay) cause I am finishing my certification for medical Technology. My book selling thing is in early stages ive only made a little bit of money like $60 so far but I sell kinda when I can. So most of my money was coming from doing deliveries but in 100+ heat and throwing up it's miserable.

I am also a certified pharmacy technician (pay and job is awful and it was only part time to go with school) anyway I can't pay my bills without being able to work and I certainly can't stay in school and I only have 7 months left. I owe the school about $400 as it is rn for the past month. I switched my fasfa status to two today so I don't know maybe that will help.

I know it sounds dumb but I left my pharmacy job and u was just about to get vacation time and tuition reimbursement after working a whole year basically with no benefits. My job stunk. Anyway I did it to try to pass a class where the teacher was fired for purposely trying to punish the students with a bad curriculum and assignments. It was too late and I failed anyway and don't have that job anymore.

Then found out I am pregnant sigh.

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's not a business I side hustle (I'm a delivery contractor for two companies and I resale books on ebay) cause I am finishing my certification for medical Technology. My book selling thing is in early stages ive only made a little bit of money like $60 so far but I sell kinda when I can. So most of my money was coming from doing deliveries but in 100+ heat and throwing up it's miserable.

I am also a certified pharmacy technician (pay and job is awful and it was only part time to go with school) anyway I can't pay my bills without being able to work and I certainly can't stay in school and I only have 7 months left. I owe the school about $400 as it is rn for the past month. I switched my fasfa status to two today so I don't know maybe that will help.
Is there a Christian pregnancy center in town that you can contact? My city is not large and it has several.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is there a Christian pregnancy center in town that you can contact? My city is not large and it has several.
Ill look into it never thought of that. Thanks. Migraine just hit me too sigh I'm ready to give birth already and it's only been 9 weeks.

Upvote 0