Andben

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
✟32,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would appreciate some prayers for this, it was right around this time last year that this anxiety/panic hit me and the holidays are making me very uncomfortable(well, the entire season is) . Seeing family is making me very anxious and I dont know why. I feel almost sick to my stomach with anxiety,panic and fear that this will never go away and that ill be stuck like this forever. The entire last year has been.... tough.... to say the least. I always say im going to see a therapist or someone that can help but I never do it....

I fixate on worst-case scenarios and worry constantly about what might happen. Its like the chemicals in my brain dont work properly.

Any prayers would be appreciated. I know that God can heal me, and I am believing it.

Last edited:

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟130,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Would appreciate some prayers for this, it was right around this time last year that this anxiety/panic hit me and the holidays are making me very uncomfortable(well, the entire season is) . Seeing family is making me very anxious and I dont know why. I feel almost sick to my stomach with anxiety,panic and fear that this will never go away and that ill be stuck like this forever. The entire last year has been.... tough.... to say the least. I always say im going to see a therapist or someone that can help but I never do it....

I fixate on worst-case scenarios and worry constantly about what might happen. Its like the chemicals in my brain dont work properly.

Any prayers would be appreciated. I know that God can heal me, and I am believing it.

Matthew 6:25-34

33-34

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not at all unusual. Lots of folks struggle with brain chemistry. My suggestion (I'm not an M.D) is that you think positive. Each time your worries hit you, reject those that are merely brain fabrications, and dwell on those memories in life that have been positive. Think about what you can do, right now, to embrace a pleasant Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Call someone on the phone. Talk to them about the good things in your life. Don't permit anyone to be judgmental. I don't mean by that that you punch them out, I just mean that you turn away from judgmentalism whenever it occurs. Speak softly to yourself. Thank God that He knows you and that He is always listening, always providing His undying embrace in love. Share that love with others. Be blessed as you do!

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

God's peace be with you. :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Andben
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like unresolved conflict. God is able to give us perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.

Phil 4 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think on these things.…

• Agree
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stress about holidays, travelling, buying gifts, planning meals, what you will wear, what you will say, brings on elevated cortisol levels which can cause anxiety and all kinds of weird symptoms. This actually is a very common reaction during this time. It almost always passes, it will be okay.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" John 14:27

Upvote 0

Andben

Nov 26, 2016
North Carolina
✟32,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like unresolved conflict. God is able to give us perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.

Phil 4 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think on these things.…

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

There are unresolved issues, its just that some of them seem so insurmountable...Im the type of person that is all or nothing, and if I can't see a way out (of feeling anxious/panicky) then it just really messes me up and creates a vicious circle.

I really need that peace that surpasses all understanding. Ive felt like this for a year, its horrible. Can hardly go out and do anything without major stress and anxiety.

Im just praying that God will put the right people in my life to help me sort this out.

Thanks again everyone!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truthfrees

Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith

praying for you in Jesus' name to be healed encouraged and refreshed by God's love and blessings

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

There are unresolved issues, its just that some of them seem so insurmountable...Im the type of person that is all or nothing, and if I can't see a way out (of feeling anxious/panicky) then it just really messes me up and creates a vicious circle.

I really need that peace that surpasses all understanding. Ive felt like this for a year, its horrible. Can hardly go out and do anything without major stress and anxiety.

Im just praying that God will put the right people in my life to help me sort this out.

Thanks again everyone!
The right people maybe exactly what you need. Jesus tells us that sometimes we need two or three people together in agreement. I know if I am stressed out my wife is able to calm me down. Just like together we are able to calm her down when she is stressed out.

Matthew 18:19 "Again, I tell you truly that if two of you on the earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. 20For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.”

Even on a primitive level stress is called the fight or flee syndrome. Clearly there is safety in numbers and that is why some animals stay together as a part of a hurd. Dogs will join a pack and cats like to be a part of a colony.

If there was a problem in your past God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can go back into your past and fit whatever the problem was. Clearly with God's help we can go beyond what we were able to do on our own apart from Him.

Mark 11:24b "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, I pray that this one will learn to surround themselves with Your provided armor, Ephesians 6:10-20. I pray they will get a good picture of who they are, who the child of God is, what self worth we should have in Christ. I pray that they have no feelings of inferiority, for they are a child of God (I trust). We are kings and princes (Revelation 1:4). I pray that they would trust in You and Your Word, and find all needed peace and assurance, Philippians 4:6-7; 2 Timothy 1:7. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When faced with social anxiety, my main tactic these days is to think "how can I best serve this person, and be cheerful / kind?" That takes the focus off of me / my feelings of anxiety or weirdness and lets me focus on how the other person is doing, and what I can do to be kind and pleasant, and lets me unwind a bit and feel less nervous or self-conscious. It's something you have to practice at a bit, but it's helped me.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

StrivingFollower

Oct 20, 2017
South
✟35,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father please help this guy see these anxieties are a poor extension of himself, very false, and should only waste away as something to be separate. Help his whole heart find the truth and really accept it. Only focus on the real problems in front of him. Help him remember the value of faith and how when you skip it you're just lost. Get him to crave it from deep within.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums