• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Severe anxiety attack

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone

I’m having a crisis.So if anyone hasn’t seen my prayer and encouragement post I’ll sum it up.So today I’ve had relentless anxiety and while I was going to get a drink from the garage for dinner I though “maybe I should give up” “Everything seems too hard” then when j in was coming back inside I thought “I give up”,Now I’m spiraling into insanity,believing I’ve become an apostate or fallen away.And the message in Hebrews 6:4-8 is driving that fear deep.I can’t even think straight.Please help me

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone

I’m having a crisis.So if anyone hasn’t seen my prayer and encouragement post I’ll sum it up.So today I’ve had relentless anxiety and while I was going to get a drink from the garage for dinner I though “maybe I should give up” “Everything seems too hard” then when j in was coming back inside I thought “I give up”,Now I’m spiraling into insanity,believing I’ve become an apostate or fallen away.And the message in Hebrews 6:4-8 is driving that fear deep.I can’t even think straight.Please help me
Just remember that God really really loves you so much and the fact that you are worried shows that you belong to God

• Winner
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And the message in Hebrews 6:4-8 is driving that fear deep

Couple of things

4 For as touching those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, 6 and [then] fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It's a stern warning. But you are 19, and I feel like the Hebrews author might have been taking about some major players - like fallen saints and church leaders who literally had the Holy Spirit working miracles through them. Something like a Judas (who was one of the 12 below, in Matthew 10)

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Now if you were raising the dead and cleansing lepers by the power of the Holy Spirit last week, I might be a little more worried. But from what I know of you and the struggles that you face, I'm going to say your bar for apostasy is probably set pretty high my friend. I doubt you could reach it if you tried.

while I was going to get a drink from the garage for dinner

I don't know anything about you, but I was 18 when I started to drink heavily.
And guess what?
Anxiety went up.
Large quantities of alcohol => recipe for panic attacks in-between drinking
Take it from one who knows. Just checking to make sure you don't or aren't going down the road I went down. Nobody sent me the memo (or if they did, I ignored it), had to learn it the hard way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[Jas 5:19-20 NKJV] 19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

James would not have written this if he thought that wayward believers could not return.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:(:(:(
Couple of things

4 For as touching those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, 6 and [then] fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

It's a stern warning. But you are 19, and I feel like the Hebrews author might have been taking about some major players - like fallen saints and church leaders who literally had the Holy Spirit working miracles through them. Something like a Judas (who was one of the 12 below, in Matthew 10)

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Now if you were raising the dead and cleansing lepers by the power of the Holy Spirit last week, I might be a little more worried. But from what I know of you and the struggles that you face, I'm going to say your bar for apostasy is probably set pretty high my friend. I doubt you could reach it if you tried.

I don't know anything about you, but I was 18 when I started to drink heavily.
And guess what?
Anxiety went up.
Large quantities of alcohol => recipe for panic attacks in-between drinking
Take it from one who knows. Just checking to make sure you don't or aren't going down the road I went down. Nobody sent me the memo (or if they did, I ignored it), had to learn it the hard way.
I don’t underage drink,I repented 4 months ago of a long inappropriate content/sin problem.However today I regret ever thinking those thoughts of Giving up,I hate myself,I feel like now I’ve renounced my faith or something,and afraid I can never come back:(

• Friendly
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Blaise do you go to church or listen to a lot of sermons? Where are you getting these ideas?
Nowhere,I just today felt very exhausted and a bit hopeless when I thought those thoughts.and I’m afraid I somehow meant them

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nowhere,I just today felt very exhausted and a bit hopeless when I thought those thoughts.and I’m afraid I somehow meant them

Ok, well, see my above post. Clearly James was of the position that wayward believers can return, so, your thoughts are wrong.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, well, see my above post. Clearly James was of the position that wayward believers can return, so, your thoughts are wrong.
Ok,I’m not condemned or committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don’t underage drink,I repented 4 months ago of a long inappropriate content/sin problem.

Good man. When you are my age, you can tell your kids that you repented long ago of a short inappropriate content/sin problem. And trust me, everyone you meet and want to give love to between now and then will say "thank you". You have a long life ahead of you for God to show what Christ can do through you. Let Him do that. It'll look something like this

upload_2021-11-16_21-33-32.png

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course you aren't condemned, nor have you committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. You are loved by God, who stands with you always. Praying you feel God's love.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Blaise, no you are not.
Trust me, if a thought or a doubt was all it took to fall, I'd be way ahead of you.
And everyone a day older than you
Would probably be a day ahead of you.

Someone or some misinterpretation of your feelings by your mind has you holding yourself to an inhuman standard that it was not meant to. If you are worried about your human nature or thoughts, then thank Christ for His Divine Nature and ask for a little bit more of it. I think that's all He ever wanted from any of us. We keep doing that, you, me, both of us - we'll be just fine. We'll be better than fine, day over day. I have a little Palm Sunday cross tacked to my wall, just leaned my forehead against it and did it myself, as I sometimes do. I'm grateful for it, long story how I came by it.

Blasphemy of the HS is for people who can look Christ square in the eye as he is delivering people from demons and say he's doing it by the power of the Devil. I believe that is the one and only one example in scripture we have to reference it by. It's basically deliberately bearing an especially false and evil witness against the Holy Spirit in that example to others even while it is delivering someone from evil - nothing like having a personal thought of "I can't go on". There's no I in the blasphemy example.

Heh. That takes more than just a thought.
That takes commitment!

I can tell you are committed in the opposite direction, wayward thoughts and fears aside.

Tell me, do marathon runners get disqualified from a race if while running they have a thought of "its not worth it"? No, they get disqualified from a race when they walk off the track and actually quit.* The thoughts are a hindrance, and don't help them to run, but they don't disqualify them from running. And most marathon runners can stop and take a break if they need to before continuing. Frankly, I have admiration for you, not disdain. If you have OCD, which marathon runner would you commend the most - the one who finished the race with a 20lb weight in his backpack, or the one that took 1st prize and ran unhampered?

Which do you think Christ will commend the most?

If you don't have faith in your salvation through Christ tonight Blaise
You can borrow mine

*tackling other runners is probably a no-no too, as tempting as it is sometimes ;)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like now I’ve renounced my faith or something,and afraid I can never come back

Please get professional medical help for your depresion.

Please remember that Jesus saved you, you did not choose him, he chose you and has promised Never to leave you.

So hang on, it is tough but trust in Jesus and his promises and seek medical help, take the pills etc.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I think I mentioned before, my own brother, and a cousin who's like a brother, both became apostate. They were both glad of it. And both went on and on about why they renounced being a Christian. Putting down Christianity and pointing out everything they found wrong with it. They didn't just give it up, they went against it. They weren't the lest bit worried about it or sorry about it.

Now after several years of being staunchly anti-christian, my cousin finally actually come back to it. And has stayed with it for years.

Remember that video I sent you. Jesus is holding onto you and won't let you go.

The reason why you feel like giving up is because of how stressed out you are. That's NOT the same thing as becoming apostate.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems that you need spiritual renewal/restoration.
Isaiah 40:31
---
Focus on His grace & mercy..
---
Listening 'Praise & Scripture songs'..can be helpful.
---
Can you get/find Christian counseling/counselor?
---
More of His grace and power to you..
- In the midst of challenging/difficult time.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems that you need spiritual renewal/restoration.
Isaiah 40:31
---
Focus on His grace & mercy..
---
Listening 'Praise & Scripture songs'..can be helpful.
---
Can you get/find Christian counseling/counselor?
---
More of His grace and power to you..
- In the midst of challenging/difficult time.
Yes I can,but I’m afraid that willingly thinking those thoughts of giving up have made me an apostate!,and I’m afraid that I can’t come back to Jesus for simply saying those

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I can,but I’m afraid that willingly thinking those thoughts of giving up have made me an apostate!,and I’m afraid that I can’t come back to Jesus for simply saying those

If you really were apostate, you wouldn't want to come back to Jesus. If you could unintentionally lose salvation or lose it because of some thouhts you had, we would all be doomed. Because we all go through stuff and have similar thoughts.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you really were apostate, you wouldn't want to come back to Jesus. If you could unintentionally lose salvation or lose it because of some thouhts you had, we would all be doomed. Because we all go through stuff and have similar thoughts.
Thank you MMXX,now that’s it’s later day.I’m now worried about that I could be a fake Christian pretending to like the faith and It’s so scary

Upvote 0