United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I've been working on several different projects, and am looking for anyone who'd be interested in helping. The first project that I've been working on a lot lately is a steamgoth space opera. It's heavily influenced by gothic and steampunk literatures, and draws on inspirations that those interested may or may not have heard of. It involves a culture war between Rationalism, as embodied by Dracula, and Romanticism, as embodied by Lord Ruthven, from the novella Vampyre, as well as Babbage engines and ether propulsion drives. The second project reads as a high fantasy novel, gritty and psychologically realistic, like Game of Thrones, but entirely scientifically possible. This, too, is about a cultural clash, when a civilization with firearms lands on the shores of a continent where there aren't firearms, but rather there are fire-breathing wyverns, domesticated as the cavalry mount for an Imperial military.

There are two more projects more aimed at younger audiences. The first is a story that amalgamates Norse and Japanese mythologies, taking elements from Beowulf and Shinto and Taoist mythologies, and putting them together. The end goal with that one is to illustrate it with Japanese inspired watercolor and narrate it with Norse inspired poetry. The second is a retelling and rehashing of a star-crossed lover story, set between rats from the NYC sewer system and squirrels from a NYC park. My end goal with that one is to illustrate it with graffiti-inspired artwork and narrate it with hip hop-inspired spoken word.

If anyone has any interest in any of these projects, let me know, and we can talk. I'd love to see where these things can take us, and while it's fun to have a vision of the final project, I don't have the creative skills that is required for all of it. Thanks.