Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is we are not always successful in this endeavor. So we have I Jn 1:9.Are you really that divorced from reality? Surely you must live in a closet. Men and women have very different struggles especially with lust. I really found it hard to believe I was heartily lusted after by a women seeing me in public decently dressed. My sister confirmed women actually do this. Please not I did not say all or even Christian women. My wager is that some truly Christian women have this problem. Our enemy knows us better than we do.

Now I do agree about when a thought becomes sin. James is correct in my personal experience.

bugkiller

To crucify the flesh can be harder for some than others. For me it was hell. But I had to do it. But, God was faithful and gave me supernatural strength to succeed. But it still hurt, even after victory.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello 1stcenturylady.

A rather large post of yours.
I don't know how to do the inserts yet so will do my best to not be confusing.
You can as you call it, insert a text by typing, Quote text /Quote

The words Quote and /Quote have square brackets around them.
The word text is any passage of text you insert between the Quotes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm sorry I wrote that, but it didn't seem you were going to reply. But when I saw you did, I erased it. As for James,

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

When you have the Holy Spirit you can flee temptation. James 4:7 says "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Do you notice that temptation wasn't the sin, it was when you dwell on it. That is the opposite of resisting.
Yeah some of us here have multiple conversations ongoing.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
To crucify the flesh can be harder for some than others. For me it was hell. But I had to do it. But, God was faithful and gave me supernatural strength to succeed. But it still hurt, even after victory.
IOW you can identify with my comment about a living sacrifice.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady.

A rather large post of yours.

You can use the following HTML language to highlight a text.
<!--

In order to demonstrate how you insert a text just type the following.

-->

Ignore the other symbols as I had to use them to block the word 'text' being inserted.

You need to type the square brackets exactly and don't forget the forward slash.

Sorry, still over my head...

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady.

When you hit 'reply', have a look at the Quote and the /Quote in the first line. The inserted text is between the square brackets.

I get that, but still don't know how to break up a long post, unless it is like this other site I was on. Let's see...

When you hit 'reply',

have a look at the Quote and the /Quote in the first line.

Edit: Yay! I did it!!!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, still over my head...
Let's say you wanted to insert the following text.

The quick brown fox.

All you do is type.

(Quote)The quick brown fox.(/Quote)

Just remember to replace the round brackets with square brackets.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Let's say you wanted to insert the following text.

The quick brown fox.

All you do is type.

(Quote)The quick brown fox.(/Quote)

Just remember to replace the round brackets with square brackets.

Got it! Thanks all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady.

Easy as abc.

David, I answered you post on page 18. Hope to hear from you. Good night for now. I'm not on Aussie time. BTW my mum was a war bride from Toowoomba, Queensland.

:sleep:

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello 1stcenturylady.

Appreciate the reply.
No, I do not mean that Gentiles never had the law seeing as a Gentile is grafted into the natural olive tree.
The text actually states something different to what you said.

Romans 11:17
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree.

A wild olive branch is an uncircumcised branch. The wild olive branch is not grafted into a cultivated olive branch (Israel) but into the rich root itself (Christ). We stand among them and yet we are still a grafted Gentile branch.
They must also walk by the Spirit and not succumb to the lusts of the flesh. Do you agree or not?
Agree of course.
Granted, this has nothing to do with the Sabbath, which we are not required to follow, nor circumcision, or dietary laws which even Jews are not required to follow under the New Covenant. I'm only speaking of the moral law, which is covered under loving our neighbor. If you hate your brother, what are you acting against if not the law?
Your still talking about old covenant law, Gentiles were not included into the old covenant. The text states that the old covenant was between God and Israel, not God and any Gentile nation.
In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.
Cain did not love his brother.
It should be basic Christian doctrine, but not every Christian walks in the Spirit. The question is why not. Answer, they never turned away from their sin, only trusted that Jesus would save them no matter how they lived.
The flesh of man is utterly evil, we must die everyday to our desires and lusts. We have been baptized into death by Christ Himself, but we also crucify ourselves. Others come first in everything. The more you practice loving others the way Christ loved you, the less you will sin.
1 John 3:4-10
4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. 10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.
John a Jew is addressing those under the law, hence, the word 'lawlessness'. When a Gentile reads this letter, we replace, 'lawlessness', with, 'deeds of the flesh'. So we have love with a pure heart after all.
The Gnostics were described in 1 John 4:1-3 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world."
The Word humbled Himself and became one of us, so Jesus was a man.
It is known that the Gnostics did not believe Jesus came in the flesh, only in Spirit. Thus, only sins of the spirit were held against us, and sins of the flesh were not even sins. They could rape and say they had no sin as in 1 John 1:8. They believed they had fellowship with God, but were walking in great darkness. 1 John 1:6. This is also the sin of the Nicolaitans spoken about in Revelation 2 to the churches of Ephesus and Pergamos. They fought them in Ephesus, the church age of the 1st century, but held to their false doctrine by the time the church age of Pergamos came. The Nicolaitans deliberately sinned to receive the most grace. Many today do not believe their sins are held against them, agreeing with the perversion of the Gnostics, that grace abounds toward them. Therefore, as Paul says, shall we sin seeing as we are not under law, but under grace? God forbid!
Even though we are not under the law, we must rid ourselves of the deeds of the flesh.
Recently I was listening to different pastors teach on grace, and was sickened. One was saying God's love toward us is unconditional. Is it? “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love." Do you see a condition, or is God's love unconditional?
Salvation is a free gift given to those who believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The gift of salvation is free, thus salvation is wholly unconditional. May I elaborate, when you have been released from prison you are expected to behave yourself. The reconciliation granted by Christ to us, is not something that we can initiate ourselves.

You are saved solely because of what Christ accomplished for us, not by works.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady.

Appreciate the reply.

The text actually states something different to what you said.

Romans 11:17
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree.

A wild olive branch is an uncircumcised branch. The wild olive branch is not grafted into a cultivated olive branch (Israel) but into the rich root itself (Christ). We stand among them and yet we are still a grafted Gentile branch.

Agree of course.

Your still talking about old covenant law, Gentiles were not included into the old covenant. The text states that the old covenant was between God and Israel, not God and any Gentile nation.

Cain did not love his brother.

The flesh of man is utterly evil, we must die everyday to our desires and lusts. We have been baptized into death by Christ Himself, but we also crucify ourselves. Others come first in everything. The more you practice loving others the way Christ loved you, the less you will sin.

John a Jew is addressing those under the law, hence, the word 'lawlessness'. When a Gentile reads this letter, we replace, 'lawlessness', with, 'deeds of the flesh'. So we have love with a pure heart after all.

The Word humbled Himself and became one of us, so Jesus was a man.

Even though we are not under the law, we must rid ourselves of the deeds of the flesh.

Salvation is a free gift given to those who believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The gift of salvation is free, thus salvation is wholly unconditional. May I elaborate, when you have been released from prison you are expected to behave yourself. The reconciliation granted by Christ to us, is not something that we can initiate ourselves.

You are saved solely because of what Christ accomplished for us, not by works.

Actually, John was writing to Gentiles. He was writing to his congregation at Ephesus who were Ephesians. By the 90's A.D. when 1 John was written, Paul was already dead.

Good night, again. I'm going back to bed.

:sleep:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have already in current posts.

IF you are lead by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:18.

If you are not lead by the Spirit, you will succumb to the lusts of the flesh, and sin.

The question for you and Bob S. is, do Christians walk after the flesh, or after the Spirit?
You make a big deal out of "if." Lot of Christians aren't led by the Spirit. Somehow that doesn't mean they are under the law as much as they try to be. I'd bet lots of them don't even know bout Gal 5:18.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have already in current posts.

IF you are lead by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:18.

If you are not lead by the Spirit, you will succumb to the lusts of the flesh, and sin.

The question for you and Bob S. is, do Christians walk after the flesh, or after the Spirit?
Didn't you say many aren't led by the Spirit? Many Christians are led by the nose from a religious leader. They just won't read the Bible. I don't understand why they won't read their personal love letter. I do agree with your post.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. That has been the case since Adam. But if we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. Don't you know that is to BECOME a Christian?

Then Romans 6 says we are DEAD TO SIN. Why confess willful sins you are not committing? Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit to walk in. But we still have free choice, but sin no longer has a hold on us, so if we willfully sin after becoming dead to sin, we have chosen rebellion over obedience and righteousness. John also says that if you walk in the light as Jesus is in the light, then we have fellowship with God and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. That is without even repenting, because those are sins we don't even recognize.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Do you see the condition? WHO DO NOT WALK ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, BUT ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
Christianity has many problems with its adherents and so-called adherents. This is true about church because its not about God anymore. God is just the excuse for many to attend.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, Buggy, I do not subscribe to OSAS at all. After salvation and receiving the Holy Spirit's power over sin, if we choose to rebel and willfully sin, we still can repent and be cleansed of that sin if we truly turn away from it. Otherwise, the wages of sin is death. Does that sound like OSAS?

Do you see that 1 John 1:9 is in between 8 and 10, two scriptures describing the unregenerate Gnostics? Verse 9 is for them to become a Christian, and to those who slip up and unbridle the flesh and rebel. It is not about the regenerate. Remember the next verse after 10 says, My little children, I say all this to you so you WON'T SIN. John certainly thought it was possible. As he also said in 1 John 3:6.

I still see Jesus is the answer to Romans 7:23-25, and why Paul said Romans 8:8-9 about the flesh.

I've been filled with the Spirit for 40 years this year, and, yes, I've slipped, but it is easier to die to the flesh the older I get.
So the church is gnostic. That's a great reason to not attend and become poisoned.

Upvote 0