✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the Washington Times:
The avalanche dump of emails from John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, keep coming from WikiLeaks, exposing the insider nature and corruption within the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party. Here’s an updated list.

1. Clinton Foundation donors expected “benefits in return for gifts.

2. Obama’s Cabinet picked by Citigroup executive — during the bailout — a month before the election.
3. Mrs. Clinton tried to save a profitable Wall Street speech before her campaign launch.
4. Qatar, an Islamic State funder, gave former President Bill Clinton $1 million for his birthday.
5. Mrs. Clinton team poll-tested attacks on Obama’s Muslim heritage.
6. Mrs. Clinton discussed hiding emails from Mr. Obama, then deleted them.
7. Mrs. Clinton’s spokesman urged her to lie to the public on whether she sent classified information.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The avalanche dump of emails from John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, keep coming from WikiLeaks, exposing the insider nature and corruption within the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party. Here’s an updated list.

2. Obama’s Cabinet picked by Citigroup executive — during the bailout — a month before the election.
3. Mrs. Clinton tried to save a profitable Wall Street speech before her campaign launch.
4. Qatar, an Islamic State funder, gave former President Bill Clinton $1 million for his birthday.
7. Mrs. Clinton’s spokesman urged her to lie to the public on whether she sent classified information.

i was just reading Proverbs 17, and this verse stood out for me:

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD." ~Proverbs 17:15

The corruption is like a bottomless pit, and yet it continues and is allowed, and even flourishes, while the blood of innocents continues and the poor and oppressed who were so ravaged are silenced and/or ignored.

God help us.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Did they receive these benefits? Isn't that more important than if they had expectations? I could have expectations of getting a bonus and a raise at work but if I never get it then it's my fault not their.
I don't like this but there doesn't seem to be anything illegal here. Is there some provision about whom the President can see for advice for cabinet positions? Also, didn't these positions require Senate approval? [/quote]
Bad optics, but, again, nothing illegal here.
Revealed in 2014 that they might be giving aid to ISIS. This happened in 2011.
Unsurprising in the end. Bad tactic and one, I'll note, did not seem to be used by the Clinton campaign.
They mentioned executive privilege, which is something many Presidents have used to block Congress from gaining access to direct communications from the President to staff. This isn't some kind of out of the blue discussion. Remember that the Executive Branch isn't subservient to the Legislative Branch and Executive Privilege has legal precedent.

Can anybody find a link to the actual email for this one? I'd really like the read the full thing instead of the snippet they posted. What they posted doesn't seem to support this sentence but it could just be that I'm lacking context.
[/quote][/quote]

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

First off, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying "there is obviously nothing here so stop looking" I'm saying "hey, we need to actually look a bit closer to see if these claims actually have any merit" People, including me, are getting so burned out with all the faux scandals that are nothing but smoke and mirrors that it's getting hard to give any credence to any new claimed scandals. That's bad because if something legit does come up, we all want people to pay attention.

1. The Clintons were concerned about this and looked into it. How is that a scandal? What exactly are you saying Hillary did?

2. How is Obama's campaign talking to someone Bush bailed out a Hillary scandal? You realize that Hillary was not even part of Obama's team at this point, right?

3. What's the scandal?

4. Was this a check to Bill or the foundation? The email reads more like foundation business and a request to do like one of those giant novelty checks or something for a photo op. I haven't seen any report that such a meeting even happened, just that they wanted it.

5. As the article admits, "Mr. Begala told the New York Post on Thursday that the poll was to test potential right-wing attacks on Mr. Obama to prepare him for the general election and was not used by the Clinton campaign." The subject of the email in question was "McCain Survey" which seems to indicate the same.

6. Podesta asked if Obama would want to invoke executive privilege. There is an insinuation that Clinton then deleted the emails being discussed, but no evidence for that has been presented. If it's simply a case of whether Obama would want to invoke executive privilege (and communications between a president and his Secretary of State are pretty much the definition of executive privilege communications) I don't really see the scandal.

7. They are taking this bit and misinterpreting it: "2. This line - "‎This process of looking backwards to see if something should have been classified at the time is fine" - is problematic. We should not think it is fine to find something that "should have been classified at the time." Our position is that no such material exists, else it could be said she mishandled classified info. We need to clarify to make clear we mean that it is fine to perform redactions today, but in doing so it doesnt mean that the material was classified at the time it was sent."

WT is claiming this somehow means clinton is lying about something, but what exactly the lie is supposed to be isn't clear to me.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The formatting of my previous post keeps messing up. Please just ignore the extra quotes as they keep getting added as I try to fix it and I'd rather just go with it as is since it is readable.

LOL!

Upvote 0