SETI Receives Message from ET: How would you react?

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I never said that I consider the Jews men of perfection.
I never claimed that the Jews have faired well. Obviously their history is full of disasters.
I never claimed that the Jews remained God's Chosen people after the New Covenant was established..
Christianity is about being a spiritual Israelite-not a literal one.
As for being chosen, yes, according to Genesis they were clearly chosen to be the ones through whom the Messiah or the seed of God's woman as prophesied in Genesis 3:15 would come.

Should I conclude that this promise went to their heads and induced them to invent the rest of the biblical narrative after that Edenic promise? Well if I had good reason I would. But I see no compelling reason to do so. They seem honest enough in their historical accounts to describe themselves as despicable and rejected when they behaved despicably. So I have absolutely no justifiable basis to assume that they sought to deceive us into thinking otherwise. It just doesn't add up.

Much of it was exaggerated for effect, remember, Gentile dogs weren't the audience, the scattered Israelites were, it was an attempt to hold the faith of the confused people together after yet again being in slavery, and it did work! The Babylonian captivity was a devastating blow to the Israelites nationalist egotism (which they still have today).

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Much of it was exaggerated for effect, remember, Gentile dogs weren't the audience, the scattered Israelites were, it was an attempt to hold the faith of the confused people together after yet again being in slavery, and it did work! The Babylonian captivity was a devastating blow to the Israelites nationalist egotism (which they still have today).
The question is why should I choose to believe such a claim?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some speculate that such a message regardless of its nature would turn religion on its head. That many Christians would be devastated by it because of its implications.
I personally would have absolutely no problems with it. Would like to hear your opinions.
I'm not gonna fall for such deception (i think).
But i think i will be even more lonely with my point of view...
We've been having predictive programming fed to us for decades now, so indeed, religions will be upturned in general.
The only other life is extra dimensional, not extra terrestrial, or otherwise hybridisation (trans-human, maybe also other organisms, like in the pre-flood days).

Great deceptions are coming, it is written...

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You have to completely infantilize people to imagine they would get duped by or stuck in the OP question and condition.

You do can see a few well educated people fell into the trap set by the OP.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But how would Christians react religiously to the idea that the Creator has made other material creatures in his image as well.

OK, enough said about the inappropriate format of the OP. There is no point to make more silly argument about that.

And this one is a better question, and it does not limit the range of answer .
And the answer is simple: The idea is wrong.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The question is why should I choose to believe such a claim?
Believe what you think is right, I was just answering th OP. ET contact and discovery wouldn't have any effect on people who don't buy into the heavily distorted history of one small group of people living in Stone Age Israel. It would only turn false religious claims upside down.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please note that knowing Jesus for salvation is a requirement made necessary for humans based on human ancestral sin which caused mankind to suffer a fall from its original perfection. If indeed there are other material creatures who are made in God's image somewhere else who have also fallen from grace, knowing or not knowing Jesus in relation to salvation might be totally irrelevant to their situation since his sacrifice would only cover mankind. A similar sacrifice to cover the sins of non-Adamic-descended aliens, within the framework of God's justice, would demand a death of a perfect alien-not a perfect human. Whether this has occurred repeatedly throughout the universe or not, we of course are unaware. However, if indeed we are finally informed that it has, then our religious sensibilities might indeed suffer a significant shock for obvious reasons.

Well, if they experienced a fall from grace, then they need Jesus, so I'd wonder if they know Him. If they didn't experience a fall from grace, I'd expect that they have then always had a continued knowledge of Jesus...which would still lead to wonder either way until there was a way to find out from them for sure.

I don't know why my religious sensibilities need suffer any shocks either way.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, if they experienced a fall from grace, then they need Jesus, so I'd wonder if they know Him. If they didn't experience a fall from grace, I'd expect that they have then always had a continued knowledge of Jesus...which would still lead to wonder either way until there was a way to find out from them for sure.

I don't know why my religious sensibilities need suffer any shocks either way.

Jesus was sent to mankind n Earth. He assumed our form to die specifically for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OK, enough said about the inappropriate format of the OP. There is no point to make more silly argument about that.

And this one is a better question, and it does not limit the range of answer .
And the answer is simple: The idea is wrong.
What idea is wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Believe what you think is right, I was just answering th OP. ET contact and discovery wouldn't have any effect on people who don't buy into the heavily distorted history of one small group of people living in Stone Age Israel. It would only turn false religious claims upside down.
None of the events recounted in the OT concerning the Nation of Israel happened during a stone age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I haven't the faintest idea what you are referring to.
Some people just cant bring themselves to simply say what they mean... and will instead demand you perform a forensic reconstruction of the thread.

I dont know why they do this deliberate confounding.

Upvote 0