AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
Well I had a major setback emotionally this past year. It kinda put me on hole in my life but I want to honestly say Ive learned alot more about myself then I might not have if I hadn't gone through any of this.. yet Im still being held back by regret for the time Ive wasted & mistakes Ive made at the same time Im feeling a more powerful drive in myself to keep pursuing my goals in life & that Im almost there.. Im still being reluctant, however. And at the same time God is giving me more clues in my life as to why i should pursue these goals, how it would benefit my family .. etc. Still reluctant. how do I just let go and do what Im suppose to do???

Does God really forgive our mistakes or understand bad choices we made and use a setback for our good??? Can i still keep pursuing my goals without focusing on this one gap/setback that happened in my life, again there are things I may have not learned about life & myself had I not gone through this but Im still feeling guilty & reluctant to get back on my path.

Reactions: Macx

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does God really forgive our mistakes

1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

2Cr 1:20
For all the promises of God in Him [are] YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

or understand bad choices we made and use a setback for our good???

Jer 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Can i still keep pursuing my goals without focusing on this one gap/setback that happened in my life, again there are things I may have not learned about life & myself had I not gone through this but Im still feeling guilty & reluctant to get back on my path.

Pursue God and His plans and everything for your life will fall into place. Your dreams and desires will be fulfilled.
You won't have to thirst anymore.
Thanks,
TT

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Well I had a major setback emotionally this past year. It kinda put me on hole in my life but I want to honestly say Ive learned alot more about myself then I might not have if I hadn't gone through any of this.. yet Im still being held back by regret for the time Ive wasted & mistakes Ive made at the same time Im feeling a more powerful drive in myself to keep pursuing my goals in life & that Im almost there.. Im still being reluctant, however. And at the same time God is giving me more clues in my life as to why i should pursue these goals, how it would benefit my family .. etc. Still reluctant. how do I just let go and do what Im suppose to do???

Does God really forgive our mistakes or understand bad choices we made and use a setback for our good??? Can i still keep pursuing my goals without focusing on this one gap/setback that happened in my life, again there are things I may have not learned about life & myself had I not gone through this but Im still feeling guilty & reluctant to get back on my path.

I have personally witnessed well meaning family make severe mistakes and be not strong and courageous enough to fix them. What goes through their head to do such things? I do not know.

I wish I did.

Maybe the reality of life makes people forget about the unreality of it? What are walls in people's lives to cause them to be afraid to move forward into the future?

You have to resist fear and delusion to break free of it, otherwise one is trapped, swamped.

Upvote 0

Eliezer

Deus Ex Machina
Nov 10, 2009
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is this not clear from your post above? Remove the mental blocks to doing what is right.

Upvote 0

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you all for the helpful advice. I had a long talk with my sister. God is great!! Truly he used this storm for a very huge purpose one that I really believe possibly is the beginning of something truly amazing and life changing.

My problem is right now I have nothing... No job.. no place to live but temporary stay.. No clear direction .. In college not really sure this is what I want and Ive managed to place a value on myself by what I possess in life .. so I know God was teaching me how to be confident in myself even when I have nothing material to base my value on. Its been a long wonderful road but Ive had moments that seemed very depressing. I was standing at a store yesterday a store I used to shop at when I was a teenager.. I remember these visions of my future I had when I was younger.. I felt kind of depressed about where Ive come in my life.. After this talk with my sister I sure have a come a very long way with some really great experiences & feel whole as a person.. something I lacked as a teen because of the environment I grew up in.

Thank you again!!

Freeport I especially loved your post. I myself cannot understand why... I have an entire life to live my parents were very easily pulled into stituations like that and have allowed addictions to take the place of it!!!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Does God really forgive our mistakes or understand bad choices we made and use a setback for our good??? Can i still keep pursuing my goals without focusing on this one gap/setback that happened in my life ... ?

Hi ALJ, does God really forgive us if we ask Him? Yes!!
He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:10-12 (read all of Psalm 103 if you can)
Can God use anything, even a setback, for our good? Yes!!
We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

Finally, once God has forgiven someone, does that mean it's possible for that person to put their sin (gap/setback) behind them and move on?

God has!! (see Psalm 103:12 above) ... and He expects you to as well!

Upvote 0

MLEN

Aug 4, 2009
✟8,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God definitely forgives the mistakes/sins of his people who have sincerely asked for forgiveness and make a decision to get back on the straight path. King David himself is an example of this after he repented for his sin with Bathsheba. Although some consequences of our bad choices may remain, the sin itself does not once we ask for forgiveness. Jesus cleanses us and renews our relationship with him. He totally sees and honors the contrite heart of one who acknowledges and confesses their wrong doing.

A lot of times we beat ourselves up about it later, because we can hardly believe that we made the mistake to begin with or that God could be so loving to us after what we did to him. But he is merciful and he wants us to move forward once he has cleansed us, not looking back at the mistakes of the past. But looking forward and pressing on toward the prize of eternal life that lies ahead. Through our mistakes we may help others avoid the same. And we ourselves will become more wary of such situations in the future. As you said, you have learned some precious lessons through this situation. Now take the lesson and run with it all the way to the finish line. But whatever you do, don't get out of the race. For the race is not to the swift or the strong, but to him who endures until the end.

God Bless

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I had a long talk with my sister. God is great!! Truly he used this storm for a very huge purpose one that I really believe possibly is the beginning of something truly amazing and life changing.

My problem is right now I have nothing... No job.. no place to live but temporary stay.. No clear direction .. In college not really sure this is what I want and Ive managed to place a value on myself by what I possess in life .. so I know God was teaching me how to be confident in myself even when I have nothing material to base my value on. Its been a long wonderful road but Ive had moments that seemed very depressing. I was standing at a store yesterday a store I used to shop at when I was a teenager.. I remember these visions of my future I had when I was younger.. I felt kind of depressed about where Ive come in my life.. After this talk with my sister I sure have a come a very long way with some really great experiences & feel whole as a person.. something I lacked as a teen because of the environment I grew up in.

Thank you again!!

Freeport I especially loved your post. I myself cannot understand why... I have an entire life to live my parents were very easily pulled into stituations like that and have allowed addictions to take the place of it!!!

I have good success, career, family, house and such now... but in my twenties lived like that. It was useful, exactly as in the way you say.

Our lives are within... dreams are good to have, but what is more important is not to be in the past or the future, but now. And have charitable dreams for the future -- to do something to help people. Love, I find, makes dreams come true.

God supplies the rest, if we serve Him and always put His Kingdom first.

No joke, good to believe and trust in. God provides for His servants. That does not mean testing and difficult circumstances will not come. That is how we see the strength in God we have. The impossible belief.

Despite all odds.

Upvote 0