Visit site
✟605,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hard to see how getting rid of the Atty General could possibly benefit the president.

Personally I think it has more cons tha pros but if he can pick someone who can get through the confirmation hearings, he'd have someone not recused from overseeing Mueller and Russia related issues, someone who could fire Mueller if he were stupid enough to actually go that route.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally I think it has more cons tha pros but if he can pick someone who can get through the confirmation hearings, he'd have someone not recused from overseeing Mueller and Russia related issues, someone who could fire Mueller if he were stupid enough to actually go that route.
He could fire Mueller himself. But that wouldn't stop the Senate from continuing their investigations and he cannot stop them.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
t
He could fire Mueller himself. But that wouldn't stop the Senate from continuing their investigations and he cannot stop them.

I may be mistaken, but I thought he couldn't fire Mueller directly. I also thought he had to have 30 day notice.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes that is what 'they' are saying. But the intercepts are not recordings of Sessions himself.

Perhaps it would be best to wait on all of that until someone comes up with at least one thing that could pass for evidence.

I agree but sometimes it takes pointing out that the evidence may not be accurate because there is no name tied to the source. Therefore, the public cannot hold the source responsible for what they have said. Therefore, they may not be telling the truth; they may not even be who they claim to be. How well did the media vet them?
Even after it has been pointed out and some have agreed, we will continue with the discussion for the reasons I stated. At least I do. Maybe I'm just a strange, lone wolf.

I actually don't know what to think right now. It's obviously true because Trump referred to it as an illegal leak on twitter earlier, but I've also read that wapo had this info months ago and held on to it instead of doing a story.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
t

I may be mistaken, but I thought he couldn't fire Mueller directly. I also thought he had to have 30 day notice.

That's what I understand too. Getting rid of Ol' Jeff would permit Trump to install a lackey who could remove Mueller for him...

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,804.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps it would be best to wait on all of that until someone comes up with at least one thing that could pass for evidence.

Are you saying that no one in Trump's organizations lied to Congress during their testimony?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Pretty much. I mean, this came out like a day after Trump said that he regretted appointing him. Donald better be careful, though, as he is playing with fire if this is a plan to force out Sessions. The media and Congressional Democrats have already lost their minds with Russia.

If Democrats lost their mind by talking about it, how do you classify a Republican appointing a special prosecutor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Mueller was fired it would be incumbent upon Congress to hire him to conduct an independent investigation, and the pressure upon Congress to do so would be completely overwhelming (although, if they refused as we neared the November, 2018 elections, I can't say I'd be too broken up to see Trump's enablers get ousted...)

It's been speculated upon that Trump himself is leaking information about Sessions and the Russians to force him to resign so that he can appoint a puppet who will fire Mueller. I certainly wouldn't miss Sessions, who wants to expand seizure laws--which already allow police to confiscate property of "suspects" who may never be tried, convicted, or even arrested...

I concur that there is a recalcitrant base of Trump supporters for whom no amount of investigative journalism corroborated by numerous sources will be enough to convince them of wrongdoing--by Sessions or any other Trump appointees. But the protests that there is absolutely no proof are beginning to sound more and more laughable.

Upvote 0