United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5BB62A2F-8AA8-4A48-8FF6-763421AA3435.jpeg

I was reading this chapter this morning, and learned something new. I had taken it for granted that because the serpent was cursed when Satan entered it and tempted Eve, that there wouldn't be any serpents in the New Heaven. But I think I'm wrong . There will be serpents in Heaven.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. Isaiah 65:25.

It was not the serpents fault that Satan chose to use it as the medium to tempt Eve. And for that reason, even though the serpent has suffered a great curse, it will be restored to its original place in Heaven, that of "one of the wisest and most beautiful creatures."

I am looking forward to seeing them. I don't know about you, but most people I know don't like snakes today. I believe because of the curse God put upon them, there is naturally something most of us are born with that causes us to be afraid of and to be leery of snakes. But when Jesus returns and takes us to Heaven, that is all going to change. We won't remember the dangerous, scary and evil looking snakes we know today.....and instead, Jesus will introduce us (or maybe Adam and Eve will) to "one of the wisest and most beautiful creatures" God ever created.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 307847

I was reading this chapter this morning, and learned something new. I had taken it for granted that because the serpent was cursed when Satan entered it and tempted Eve, that there wouldn't be any serpents in the New Heaven. But I think I'm wrong . There will be serpents in Heaven.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. Isaiah 65:25.

It was not the serpents fault that Satan chose to use it as the medium to tempt Eve. And for that reason, even though the serpent has suffered a great curse, it will be restored to its original place in Heaven, that of "one of the wisest and most beautiful creatures."

I am looking forward to seeing them. I don't know about you, but most people I know don't like snakes today. I believe because of the curse God put upon them, there is naturally something most of us are born with that causes us to be afraid of and to be leery of snakes. But when Jesus returns and takes us to Heaven, that is all going to change. We won't remember the dangerous, scary and evil looking snakes we know today.....and instead, Jesus will introduce us (or maybe Adam and Eve will) to "one of the wisest and most beautiful creatures" God ever created.

This is something i think may be misunderstood in the Bible when actually looked at the verses in The Bible.

So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

This looks to me that this verse God is speaking to this serpent only and not to the whole created snake species. As in Genesis it states The Lord God said to the serpent. That this is a cursed upon this serpent that satan used. If this would have been a curse upon all snakes, i would think that there would have been an indication of this in Genesis 3

I may be wrong about this, but that is the way i am seeing this, unless there are verses stating other wise.

• Agree
Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't see it like that.... Notice that the Bible compares the serpent to "cattle", not just a cow; and to "every beast of the field", not just to a beast of the field. To me, that is significant...the comparisons are all plurals, making me think that the serpent represented more than just that one snake, instead he was representative for ALL the snakes.

" And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:" Genesis 3:14.

Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 307847

There isn't nor will be animals in heaven .... however they will be on the new earth that God will create and all of creation will live in harmony.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, I am not fond of snakes, as a matter of fact I am afraid of them, but I am working on overcoming my fear. Ok, Adam and Eve were punished for their disobedience in eating the forbidden fruit. It did not just affect Adam and Eve, but the whole human race. All people have the 'Adam' sin nature in us. When Jesus Christ came to earth died on the cross and rose from the dead, He struck a great blow to Satan. In the Bible Jesus is frequently described as a lamb. Does this mean there will be lambs and sheep in heaven? I don't know. I don't know if I can be happy in heaven without my dog Lucas, my cat Crissy, my sweet little birdies Blueberry, Apollo, Sunshine, and Precious. I don't like snakes, but I like cute furry little animals, and cute feathery little birds.

So you see if serpents were cursed, it would be to crawl on the ground and eat dust. The curse on Eve is that she would have difficult pregnancies, and childbirth would be excruciatingly painful. The curse on Adam would be that he would have to work hard to farm the land, the land would not be so fertile, people would have to work hard to have bread to eat.

In modern times in developed nations we have easy access to food. We need Jesus Christ as the bread of life.

Snakes are dangerous. They either bite with poison or strangle with thick coiling muscles.

There is one thing. They won my pity, because I had frightening ideas about them as a child. My parents sent me to a Christian fundamentalist protestant private school when I was little. I heard the Genesis creation story, and the story of the fall in Eden. I heard about Lucifer's rebellion in heaven. I thought at first the serpent was like a large skinny lizard with four legs. Then God ripped off his legs in anger as punishment for tempting Eve and Adam. I imagined God as very angry, demanding obedience. The pity was because they had no arms or legs, must be hard going about like that.

• Informative
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 307847

I agree, every single creature on earth is fallen, but we'll all be together in the end.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

LeGato

LCMS/Crypto-Amish
Nov 17, 2021
Neuschwabenland
✟14,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I am not fond of snakes, as a matter of fact I am afraid of them, but I am working on overcoming my fear. Ok, Adam and Eve were punished for their disobedience in eating the forbidden fruit. It did not just affect Adam and Eve, but the whole human race. All people have the 'Adam' sin nature in us. When Jesus Christ came to earth died on the cross and rose from the dead, He struck a great blow to Satan. In the Bible Jesus is frequently described as a lamb. Does this mean there will be lambs and sheep in heaven? I don't know. I don't know if I can be happy in heaven without my dog Lucas, my cat Crissy, my sweet little birdies Blueberry, Apollo, Sunshine, and Precious. I don't like snakes, but I like cute furry little animals, and cute feathery little birds.

So you see if serpents were cursed, it would be to crawl on the ground and eat dust. The curse on Eve is that she would have difficult pregnancies, and childbirth would be excruciatingly painful. The curse on Adam would be that he would have to work hard to farm the land, the land would not be so fertile, people would have to work hard to have bread to eat.

In modern times in developed nations we have easy access to food. We need Jesus Christ as the bread of life.

Snakes are dangerous. They either bite with poison or strangle with thick coiling muscles.

There is one thing. They won my pity, because I had frightening ideas about them as a child. My parents sent me to a Christian fundamentalist protestant private school when I was little. I heard the Genesis creation story, and the story of the fall in Eden. I heard about Lucifer's rebellion in heaven. I thought at first the serpent was like a large skinny lizard with four legs. Then God ripped off his legs in anger as punishment for tempting Eve and Adam. I imagined God as very angry, demanding obedience. The pity was because they had no arms or legs, must be hard going about like that.

When an animal is not fallen anymore, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 307847

Wow! I never knew that.

I love your last thought! So powerful!

Jesus WOULD be able to redeem snakes & dragons!

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I like big cats, wolves and bears. They are beautiful and 'fearfully' made. I say fear because you should fear what has the power to hurt you. In Florida we have a lot of alligators and snakes. I used to like dragons, fantasy creatures. I started off liking unicorns and Pegasus. I also like angels with bird feathered wings and fairies with butterfly wings. I liked dragons because they were powerful, I liked the good-looking ones, they were good for fun adventure stories, and they had magic. I wanted to be a dragon, I imagined myself as one. But I also wanted to be a beautiful human princess with fancy dresses and expensive jewelry. So I thought I was a sapphire and amethyst dragon with sparkly scales and a good, large family of royal dragons who obeyed God and lived in beautiful sparkly crystal caves with treasure as well as crystal prisms and stalactites and stalagmites. My dragon character had four legs and two wings. She was the typical western dragon.

Anyway, I realized dragons did not please God. Dragons were mentioned in Revelation and Satan was depicted as a dragon. I really did not like reptiles that much anyway. Only the tiny brown lizards that wander around my yard, and hopefully eat pesky insects, they're the ones I like. There are sea turtles and snapping turtles, fresh water turtles, tortoises that like on land, desert tortoises, They're ok. But alligators, crocodiles, komodo dragons, that are really lizards, big lizards, caymans, gharvhals, snakes, you know what I mean, I do not like them, they are scary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums