✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Serpent’s Doctrine

Hell is the Serpent’s Doctrine that there is eternal life in Hell. Hell being a type of heaven according to Paganism.

A soul is a body with a spirit. A body without a spirit is dead. Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. Both body and spirit cease to exist as a life force until they are called back into being by God. Every little thing about us is recorded before we die.

Spirits die with the body. If people were not called back into being by God, they would never live again.

Isaiah 26:14

They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin; you wiped out all memory of them.

Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 26 is speaking of two different 'people', those that were created by G-d and those who were not.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 26:19
their bodies will rise—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 26 is speaking of two different 'people', those that were created by G-d and those who were not.
The verse says "your dead." That is referring to the resurrection of the Elect. That is the first resurrection.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The verse says "your dead." That is referring to the resurrection of the Elect. That is the first resurrection.

Your verse:
They are now dead, they live no more; their spirits do not rise. You punished them and brought them to ruin; you wiped out all memory of them.
Mine
their bodies will rise—
I was showing that there was a difference in what you used as a 'proof' text of your premise. The 'they' are the evil ones, that is why they live no more and their spirits do not rise.

Jude explains who the 'they' are, you should be especially familiar with this book. :)

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People

3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people.
4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.
6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.
7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Perhaps I should have used the term "Ultra Orthodox Judaism." No Kabbalah.
You don't think that Chasidism is Ultra Orthodox Judaism?

It is the Conservative and Reform that don't give the Kabbalah the time of day.

One prominent Orthodox Jew, when introducing a speaker on the subject of Jewish mysticism, said basically, "it's nonsense, but it's Jewish nonsense, and the study of anything Jewish, even nonsense, is worthwhile."
Judaism 101: Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You don't think that Chasidism is Ultra Orthodox Judaism?

It is the Conservative and Reform that don't give the Kabbalah the time of day.

One prominent Orthodox Jew, when introducing a speaker on the subject of Jewish mysticism, said basically, "it's nonsense, but it's Jewish nonsense, and the study of anything Jewish, even nonsense, is worthwhile."
Judaism 101: Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism
Any Jewish sect involved in Kabbalah Mysticism is not truly Orthodox, Because that was added to Judaism. You certainly have a lot of wrong ideas.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Any Jewish sect involved in Kabbalah Mysticism is not truly Orthodox, Because that was added to Judaism. You certainly have a lot of wrong ideas.
Chasidism IS a branch of Orthodoxy. Furthermore there are other branches of Orthodoxy that respect the Kabbalah, although, as I said, you have to be a Talmud scholar before you can even open its pages.

Any of our Jewish friends want to chime in here and correct me or back me up?

Basically CR, I don't think you can find a standard Jewish website that says, "Chasidism is not Orthodox" or "Orthodoxy eschews Kabbalah." I suspect this is a personal thing for you. You personally despise anything labeled mysticism, and you have a rather soft spot for Orthodoxy, so in your mind, you just can't imagine the two going together. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that's my intuition on this.

You seem to have some idea that Judaism is set. It's not. Even the Orthodox, who are obviously the most set, would agree that new issues come up that must be ruled on. Judaism is a living faith that applies itself fresh for any time. Just as the prophets were added onto the Torah, just as the Writings were added onto the Prophets, it changed nothing. When the Oral Torah went from tongue to print in the MIshnah, it changed nothing. When Gemarah was added to Mishnah, it changed nothing. Zohar changes nothing. Tanya changes nothing. They are simply petals unfolding on the same flower.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Chasidism IS a branch of Orthodoxy. Furthermore there are other branches of Orthodoxy that respect the Kabbalah, although, as I said, you have to be a Talmud scholar before you can even open its pages.

Any of our Jewish friends want to chime in here and correct me or back me up?

Basically CR, I don't think you can find a standard Jewish website that says, "Chasidism is not Orthodox" or "Orthodoxy eschews Kabbalah." I suspect this is a personal thing for you. You personally despise anything labeled mysticism, and you have a rather soft spot for Orthodoxy, so in your mind, you just can't imagine the two going together. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that's my intuition on this.

You seem to have some idea that Judaism is set. It's not. Even the Orthodox, who are obviously the most set, would agree that new issues come up that must be ruled on. Judaism is a living faith that applies itself fresh for any time. Just as the prophets were added onto the Torah, just as the Writings were added onto the Prophets, it changed nothing. When the Oral Torah went from tongue to print in the MIshnah, it changed nothing. When Gemarah was added to Mishnah, it changed nothing. Zohar changes nothing. Tanya changes nothing. They are simply petals unfolding on the same flower.
There are many who claim many things that are not true.
I am not one who believes that all religions lead to God.

Upvote 0