Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DON'T EVEN TRY TO ARGUE THIS.

Sermon outline-EFFECTIVE PRAYER​

Prayer brings revival

2Ch 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. kjv

2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified Bible)
14If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.​

If my people who are called by my name If the people who are mine if those that are called by my name.
Who is that who is God’s people? Who is called by the name of God

?

THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE CALLED BY HIS NAME WE ARE HIS PEOPLE!

Will humble themselves,

What does it mean to humble yourself?

Date: 13th century
1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive
2 : reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission <a humble apology>
3 a : ranking low in a hierarchy or scale : insignificant, unpretentious b : not costly or luxurious <a humble contraption>

Pray, seek, crave, require of necessity my face and turn from their wicked ways

note God is talking about His church His people.

Main Entry: ne·ces·si·ty​

Date: 14th century
1 : the quality or state of being necessary
2 a : pressure of circumstance b : physical or moral compulsion c : impossibility of a contrary order or condition
3 : the quality or state of being in need; especially : poverty
4 a : something that is necessary : requirement b : an urgent need or desire
&#8212; of necessity : in such a way that it cannot be otherwise; also : as a necessary consequence <further changes will occur of necessity>​

&#12288;
then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

&#12288;
If the church my people

will submit to me, pray, seek, crave, and urgently desire My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.( then I will bring revival)

True revival begins with the people of God becoming desperate to see the face of God. When we get to that point True revival will fall. And God will touch His church. Until that point we have only a taste of Him.​

He is so vast and we do not see all of Him.​

Desire the face of God desire His face and when you touch His face He will gladly show you His hand.
.​

Take a look at previous moves of God they started when &#8220;God&#8217;s people&#8221; became desperate before God.​

True revival begins when God&#8217;s people pray. You see when we pray we are communicating with God and when we communicate with God He communes with us. That communion brings revival.​

it&#8217;s all about Him all about spending time with Him all about glorifying Him. All about letting His name be known and preached to the ends of time to the ends of the earth.​
He alone is worthy of our desperation. He alone deserves all we can give. And when we give it all we get it all. Just comes with the territory. Seek Him for Him not what He can give but Who He is.

Reactions: nephilimiyr

IowaPastor

Spirit-Filled United Methodist
Jul 12, 2008
Iowa
✟8,345.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
DON'T EVEN TRY TO ARGUE THIS.

Sermon outline-EFFECTIVE PRAYER​

Prayer brings revival​

2Ch 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. kjv

2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified Bible)
14If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.​

If my people who are called by my name If the people who are mine if those that are called by my name.
Who is that who is God’s people? Who is called by the name of God

?

THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE CALLED BY HIS NAME WE ARE HIS PEOPLE!

Will humble themselves,

What does it mean to humble yourself?

Date: 13th century
1 : not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive
2 : reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission <a humble apology>
3 a : ranking low in a hierarchy or scale : insignificant, unpretentious b : not costly or luxurious <a humble contraption>

Pray, seek, crave, require of necessity my face and turn from their wicked ways

note God is talking about His church His people.

Main Entry: ne·ces·si·ty​

Date: 14th century
1 : the quality or state of being necessary
2 a : pressure of circumstance b : physical or moral compulsion c : impossibility of a contrary order or condition
3 : the quality or state of being in need; especially : poverty
4 a : something that is necessary : requirement b : an urgent need or desire
— of necessity : in such a way that it cannot be otherwise; also : as a necessary consequence <further changes will occur of necessity>​

&#12288;
then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

&#12288;
If the church my people

will submit to me, pray, seek, crave, and urgently desire My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.( then I will bring revival)

True revival begins with the people of God becoming desperate to see the face of God. When we get to that point True revival will fall. And God will touch His church. Until that point we have only a taste of Him.​

He is so vast and we do not see all of Him.​

Desire the face of God desire His face and when you touch His face He will gladly show you His hand.​

Take a look at previous moves of God they started when “God’s people” became desperate before God.​

True revival begins when God’s people pray. You see when we pray we are communicating with God and when we communicate with God He communes with us. That communion brings revival.​

it’s all about Him all about spending time with Him all about glorifying Him. All about letting His name be known and preached to the ends of time to the ends of the earth.​

He alone is worthy of our desperation. He alone deserves all we can give. And when we give it all we get it all. Just comes with the territory. Seek Him for Him not what He can give but Who He is.

Very good, Renee!

Humble, humility...has it's root in the word humus...meaning dirt. Thus to be humble means to be willing to get dirty or to do the dirty work, so to speak.

True humilty is beautiful.

Great thoughts on revial...prayer will bring it about in God's time.

It's wonderful to be around people who are hungry for God and are pressing in to get closer to Him.

Be Blessed...

IP

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually that is part of a true Holy Spirit revival.

It is? Where is that written?

Anyway, just so you're aware, there's great danger in falling into the practice of eisegesis when using a single verse, especially without context, to make a point.

The scripture makes multiple references to requiring at least two or three witnesses to establish fact of a charge. That's good advice to follow when asserting a charge of scripture.

Besides, the more Bible, the better.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to be helpful here, and not argumentative. The sermon is a representation by you, of God speaking to His people. As the one who will be judged based on this action, it probably best to be concerned about the perception of the content by those meant to receive it, so it can be properly understood.

For example I would ask such questions:

Why are there definitions from the 13th and 14th centuries? What makes them any better than modern definitions. What about the definitions of the actual Greek words?

What does this mean? (I already asked this) There is nothing to tie together 'healing the land' and 'revival' other than an assumption that the audience will just somehow 'get it'.
~RENEE~ said:
&#12288;

If the church my people

** This is very important because your entire sermon direction pivots at this statement.

Why is there only one verse? A main point of the sermon is to commune with God, but there are no verses to draw out that point, just assertions made by the speaker.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
keep in mind this is a 10 minute outline. not the full sermon.

Better to have too much material than not enough. Besides, start good habits early and they'll stick with you.

plus true revival is where God meets with man in a way to bring the church back to the place they should be, bring in the lost, change goverment a true revival is not just a feel good time but a time a change and restoration for all.

That's fine. Where is that written? Your listeners might want to know that.

Reactions: ~RENEE~
Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Better to have too much material than not enough. Besides, start good habits early and they'll stick with you.ok point taken

That's fine. Where is that written? Your listeners might want to know that.[/quote

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums