• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

SERIOUSLY, would I be sent to burn in hell forever if I...?

Eunoia

Aug 19, 2017
Unknown
✟1,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
... killed myself?

I've struggled with major clinical depression and chronic generalized anxiety disorder longer than I can possibly remember. I can't do anything. I'm not in the right mental state to work or drive (quoted by my feelings and my own psychiatrist). I've tried EVERYTHING to even lessen them, but I just get worse and worse every year.

I'm literally dead inside and I don't even have a speck of motivation to do anything anymore. I'm plain, absolutely miserable. I can't even begin to explain to you what I go through every day.

I mean, I love God. I've accepted Jesus into my heart, I've accepted Him completely as my one and only Lord and Savior. I put God FIRST ALWAYS. I go to Him first always. I accept that I sin, and I always ask for forgiveness.

I just can't live like this anymore. I want to be at peace and happy in Heaven with Him SO BADLY, I want to be happy for once in my life.

Please, seriousness. I don't want to go to hell. I just want to die and be happy with God.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... killed myself?

I've struggled with major clinical depression and chronic generalized anxiety disorder longer than I can possibly remember. I can't do anything. I'm not in the right mental state to work or drive (quoted by my feelings and my own psychiatrist). I've tried EVERYTHING to even lessen them, but I just get worse and worse every year.

I'm literally dead inside and I don't even have a speck of motivation to do anything anymore. I'm plain, absolutely miserable. I can't even begin to explain to you what I go through every day.

I mean, I love God. I've accepted Jesus into my heart, I've accepted Him completely as my one and only Lord and Savior. I put God FIRST ALWAYS. I go to Him first always. I accept that I sin, and I always ask for forgiveness.

I just can't live like this anymore. I want to be at peace and happy in Heaven with Him SO BADLY, I want to be happy for once in my life.

Please, seriousness. I don't want to go to hell. I just want to die and be happy with God.
You confessed and received Jesus as your Savior, Romans 10:8-13. That's not a license to kill yourself. You identify psychiatric influences as the source of your misery. God is not the source of that. Rest assured that I and others are praying for your deliverance from your agony.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Winken on this. I also pray for deliverance for you. Keep faith and know that God is with you always.

I recommend posting in the Chaplains Office as well.

Continued prayers for you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
... killed myself?

Hi Eunoia, I am so very sad for you that you are struggling so with life these days. Praying for you now!!

You need to hang on to the great promises and love of God to see you through all of this Sister. Life is not easy in general, but it can be particularly hard for Christians because we all have a common "enemy" who hates us and works to see us harmed or destroyed (if that was possible), simply because we belong to the Lord now.

Here are some quotes that I try to remember in difficult times, and/or times where I'm not sure what my next "move" should be, etc. Hopefully at least one or two of them will be an encouragement to you :)

"Two words will help you cope when you run low on hope: accept and trust." ~Pastor Chuck Swindoll

"When we talk about perfect trust, we're talking about what gives us roots, character, the stability to handle the hard times. Trusting God doesn't change our circumstances. Perfect trust in Him changes us." ~Pastor Chuck Swindoll

"Be obedient even when you do not know where obedience may lead you."~Sinclair B. Ferguson

God has promised to give us no more than He knows we can handle, that He will be there for us, especially in the difficult times, that He will strengthen us/carry us when we trust Him/wait patiently for Him, and that His plan for our future is a glorious one, that He will see us prosper, not be harmed.

Isaiah 40
31 Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 41
10 Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Jeremiah 29
11 I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

1 Corinthians 10
13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you will be able to endure it.

Finally, here are a few more, by missionary and author, Elisabeth Elliot, who has certainly known suffering:

"You are loved with an everlasting love. And underneath are the everlasting arms."

"Sometimes life is so hard you can only do the next thing. Whatever that is just do the next thing. God will meet you there."

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances."

"Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you."

"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son."
In Christ,
David
p.s. - in the worst of times especially, I try to find things to thank Him for as often as I can. It helps me remember how truly blessed I am, even in the midst of such times :)

Philippians 4
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
... killed myself?

Because you have accepted Christ as your
Saviour, hell is no longer an issue for you, and it will never be. This is because Justification by faith is permanent. God doesn't give you a new heart and the righteousness of Christ, just to take it away again when you fall over. If you weren't truly converted to Christ, you would have these worries. It is that the new heart within you mourns because you see you own failures and shortcomings.

The key is to run to Christ because He is your strength and shield. His strength is made perfect in your weakness. When you are weak, then He is strong. If you felt strong in yourself, you wouldn't run and depend on Christ in the same way. The invitation is to come boldly to the throne of grace to find mercy and grace to help in your time of need.

Because you are forever freed from the guilt and punishment of sin, you no longer need to be ashamed before God. This means that you can run to Christ, take hold of Him, and He will in no wise cast you out.

No person who totally depends on Christ for grace and mercy will ever be in danger of punishment or of God's wrath. You are in the family of God and Jesus is not ashamed to be your Brother.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
... killed myself?

None of us gets to choose when we enter eternity. Rest assured, you have work to do here on earth, perhaps helping others who are in the same place as you are, and helping them to find their path.

There will always be a path; if you have to stay in bed wrapped in a blanket all day to find it, then do that.

Please, go to see your doctor and tell them how you feel. Feelings sometimes tell lies, and yours are lying to you now. There can be happiness in your future; there can be a path to serving God as he wants you to. Just take the first step, and trust God.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Best that you don't try it to find out. Life is a gift from God. If you are Christian and living, he has given you things to do in this life. You need to keep on living until you have done them all. When you have done them all, you will die of a cause other than suicide.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
... killed myself?

One of the greatest promises we have from God (in my opinion) is Life more abundantly. Jesus came so we could have abundant life, not desire death. You can have a great life if you put your trust in Jesus and allow His Spirit to work through you. We don't have to go to heaven to be happy with Him, He came so we could be with Him on Earth and then spend eternity with Him! God is able to work through your situation, praying for you!

Upvote 0

Penny Feeley

Devout Christian
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2017
Victorville
✟48,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have said this to myself. I can't go back in time to when I was happy. My heart goes out to you. I could tell you about the tribulations in my life but that wouldn't help you right now
I believe you are asking where is it written that says you can commit suicide without going to that bad place. You won't find it and no one's going to tell you it's okay to commit suicide. Trust me I would have found it. I know you just want to be happy in life and being housebound doesn't give you options to have friends and loved ones with you all the time to do things that other people do and see them having so much fun in their life
You are here today and this Forum making friends also being heard. You are a part of this family. And you have already made a difference by you putting up this amazing post not only to help you but help others by members responses. If you have a love or passion or something try volunteering. I have recently committed myself to volunteer to save pets. Where i have to leave my house. I have not ever treated myself to a passion that i love since I've been on medical leave. Now that I committed I Won't Back Down that's just who I am The first step is always the hardest but I had to make myself do this to have a purpose in life cuz I know I can help make a difference and so can you.
As for the medication you take it can take years to find what which ones and combinations works best with you. I wish I knew more about you. God bless you. Pls keep me informed on your progress. Pray believe and have faith always

Upvote 0

BNM

Sep 21, 2017
taytay
✟7,945.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... killed myself?

Okay so 2 things:
  1. Treat yourself. Depression and anxiety is a disorder. That means that you can take medicine to help yourself cope with it. Take care of yourself as much as you can mentally. Take your medicine. Go to the doctors. Therapy. Surround yourself with people who care about you (eg. Parents, siblings and family). Create video vlogs or written blogs on websites such as wordpress or tumblr. Journal. Post on forums such as these. Post on Instagram. Art. Bake. Food. Talk to people who truly care about you. Take a nice long hot shower. Literally find something healthy that will help you cope. Get rid of blades, ropes etc. anything that makes you feel like harming yourself. I have never been diagnosed, but I've been in bad places before. What I do tho, is I edit pictures, or write down my feelings, and post them on my slightly anonymous Instagram page @bloodoftruth.
  2. Like you said, put God first. This means putting the depression into his hands. It means putting the anxiety into his hands. It means trusting in him. Having faith that he will heal you. That he will give you joy and peace. Remember that these are fruits of the Holy Spirit. Ask God to give you his Holy Spirit so that you can enjoy the fruits of joy and peace. If you want to die and be happy with God in Heaven, then you should be happy with God here on earth too okay? Keep that in mind. If you are constantly miserable, it might mean that satan is trying to trap you, but if you truly have Jesus and God in your side, he won't be able to in Jesus name. Stay righteous (don't sin) so that you can be together with God. Stay pure, obey Him, read the bible, and pray so that he can turn towards you and answer your prayer requests.
thank you so much for posting. Talk to me whenever you want :)

Reactions: Penny Feeley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums