• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Seriously, only one other person has answers to these questions...

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Yahchristian, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Yahchristian

Yahchristian Active Member

+73
    Christian
    Married

Thank you for giving a date for one of the events. Are you able to give dates for any of the other events so that they fit with your view of prophecy...

When was Jesus born?
    Yahchristian: Fall of 5 BC
    Brian Mcnamee: ???

When was Jesus baptized?
    Yahchristian: Fall of 26 AD

When was Jesus crucified?

Yahchristian: Spring of 30 AD

When was the start of the first 69 weeks?

Yahchristian: Fall of 458 BC
    Brian Mcnamee: 444 BC

When was the end of the first 69 weeks?

P.S. Most Pretribulationist authors quote Sir Robert Anderson's dates of March 14, 445 BC for the beginning of the first 69 weeks, and April 6, 32 AD for the end of the first 69 weeks.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Yahchristian

+73
    Christian
    Married

I totally agree!

Those six objectives were accomplished during the seventy weeks (in the middle of the 70th week).

Whereas Pretribulationists believe those six things are not accomplished during the seventy weeks...

3. keras

keras Writer of studies on Bible prophecy

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    YahChrisian, you keep on about the date of the decree that commenced the 69 'weeks'. Why can't you accept the simple answer that it was exactly 483 years before Jesus' Crucifixion? As another poster says; the actual date is irrelevant.
    And as for the date of Jesus' baptism, that was 29.5 AD, as the references Luke 3:1-2 attest. The 3 year co-regency of Tiberius and Augustus is a red herring and is cited to make the dates fit another agenda.
    Tiberius: Emperor of Rome; 14-37 AD....14 + 15 = 29
    Pilate: Prefect of Judea: 26-36 AD
    Philip: Tetrarch of Ituraca, 4BC to 34 AD
    Lysanias: Prince of Abilene; 14-29 AD
    Caiphas: High Priest; 18-36 AD

I have posted the timeline that proves the 29.5 AD date for the commencement of Jesus' Ministry. That date is exactly 2000 years since Abraham left Ur, and 4000 years since Adam.

4. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Quite plainly the prophecy of Daniel 9:24 is not yet fulfilled. We await the 70th 'week'.

5. Yahchristian

+73
    Christian
    Married

You are demonstrating a big difference between Dispensationalists and other Christians.

Dispensationalists think the Jews do something in the future... "to finish transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy." (Daniel 9:24)

Other Christians think Jesus did something at Calvary... "to finish transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy." (Daniel 9:24)

For example, Dispensationalists think "the most holy" refers to a future rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, whereas other Christians think "the most holy" refers to Jesus ("the Holy One of God", Mark 1:24).

6. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    None of Daniel 9:24 has been fulfilled. And it isn't ethnic Jews who are referred to as Daniels people, but ALL whose names are entered into the Book. Daniel 12:1b

7. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+1,157
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I chose just the two dates as the text of Daniel was specific that the beginning of the 69 weeks was tied to the order to rebuild Jerusalem and its walls and that year the order went out was given to Nehemiah the 69th week ended on Palm Sunday when Jesus came in riding in triumphantly. I take messiah the prince being cut off not for himself and the people of the prince that shall come destroying the city and the sanctuary as an addendum to the 69th week so it can be identified as having been fulfilled. I have not studied these dates you want to discuss in a long time and find that these are not critical to understanding the scriptures accept perhaps the feast days that Jesus fulfilled by being offered on Passover. put in the grave on the feast of unleavened bread and raised on the feast of 1st Fruits. As I faintly remember there was only one year in the Christ would have lived that had these days line up so that would be the dates I would choose. Im really not wanting to get into this much.

8. jeffinjapan

jeffinjapan Member

+64
    Japan
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Oooooook...

9. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+7,159
    Christian
    Married
    Act 10:38  how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 

Heb 10:16  "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR HEARTS, AND IN THEIR MINDS I WILL WRITE THEM," 
    Heb 10:17  then He adds, "THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." 
    Heb 10:18  Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. 

Daniel 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
    James Lloyd
    http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

10. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    This is the Covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord.....
    Not happened yet! Jeremiah 33:31-34 obviously awaits fulfilment.

11. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+7,159
    Christian
    Married
    It is found fulfilled word-for-word in Hebrews 8:6-13, with the exact text from Jeremiah 31:31-34 bracketed by verses making it clear that Christ fulfilled it during the first century.

12. Yahchristian

+73
    Christian
    Married

Various Bible "scholars" have promoted different views of prophecy, and we have to decide who we think is correct.

One way we can discern which of them is correct (if any) is to check to see if their view of prophecy fits with historical dates.

There have only been three dates suggested for the start of the first 69 weeks (539/538 BC, 458/457 BC, and 445/444 BC), and only two events suggested to mark the end of the first 69 weeks (Jesus' baptism and Jesus' crucifixion).

We can discern which views of prophecy cannot be correct if the dates simply do not work.

In other words, if "483 years before Jesus' Crucifixion" doesn't bring us to either 539/538 BC, 458/457 BC, or 445/444 BC... then I know that view of prophecy is incorrect.

So to prove to us that your view of prophecy has any chance of being correct...

Please provide the year for the start of the first 69 weeks and the year of Jesus' crucifixion that fits with your view that "the first 69 weeks starts 483 years before Jesus' Crucifixion".

P.S. I believe the first 69 weeks started in 458 BC and ended 483 years later at Jesus' baptism in 26 AD.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The New Covenant is repeated in Hebrews, but remains unfulfilled.
    Has God's Laws been written on our hearts yet? How come many still break them?
    Has all our sins been pardoned yet? Some are still committing them!
    Does everyone high and low alike; 'know the Lord'?

14. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The 483 years ended when the Messiah was 'cut off', at Jesus' Crucifixion. Daniel 9:26
    I see you insist on the error of subtraction of one year at the BC/AD change.
    Your calculation: 458 BC + 26 AD - 1 = 483 years
    The correct calculation is: 448 BC + 33 AD + 2 = 483 actual elapsed years. So your date is 10 years too early.

15. Yahchristian

+73
    Christian
    Married

Can you clarify...

Do you agree with me that Daniel's 70 weeks started in 458 BC? (as your 1st post suggests)

Or do you think Daniel's 70 weeks started in 448 BC? (as your 2nd post suggests)

P.S.

I believe the first 69 weeks started in 458 BC and ended 483 years later at Jesus' baptism in 26 AD.

16. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,890
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You seem to forget that a covenant is a bi-directional relationship. It takes "two to covenant." Christ has accomplished everything necessary to fulfill the New Covenant and make it a reality in the lives of those who choose to accept and live it by faith and obedience.

Thus, the New Covenant becomes reality in every individual who accepts and lives it by faith and obedience.
    God's Laws are written on the heart of every individual who does likewise.
    Every indivdual's sins are pardoned who does likewise.
    Every individual high and low knows the Lord who does likewise.

And not only does God keep His end of the bargain; He also empowers us with all of His resources to enable us to keep ours.

17. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    My humble apologies, my first calculation is plainly wrong. But the one in #54 is correct.

I have already proved from Luke 3:1-2 that Jesus' baptism was in 29 AD
    I also made it clear that you should not add or subtract years at the BC/AD changeover. Just keep in mind that the years are counted at their commencement.
    As for when that decree was promulgated - I don't care, its of little significance.

18. keras

+2,165
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    To a degree, your are right, but the prophesies tell of so much more that what we Christians do experience now. I await the great Day when He pours out His Spirit upon us: Ezekiel 37:14, Ezekiel 39:29, Isaiah 32:15, Joel 2:28-29, +

19. Yahchristian

+73
    Christian
    Married

Most Christians know that from any date in 448 BC to any date in 33 AD is between 479 and 481 years (not 483). Using a Date Duration Calculator you will see that from Dec 31, 448 BC to Jan 1, 33 AD is one day over 479 years, and from Jan 1, 448 BC to Dec 31, 33 AD is one day short of 481 years.

But keras, according to your calculations and your view that Daniel's 70 weeks started in 448 BC...

What event occurred inn 448 BC that would mark the beginning of Daniel's 70 weeks?

I ask because all the books I have read start Daniel's 70 weeks at either 605/604 BC (the first year of Nebuchadnezzar), 539/538 BC (the edict of Cyrus), 458/457 BC (the decree of Artaxerxes), or 445/444 BC (the warrant given to Nehemiah).

I personally believe the first 69 weeks started in 458 BC (the decree of Artaxerxes) and ended 483 years later at Jesus' baptism in 26 AD.

20. Gideon

Gideon Member

+96
    Pentecostal
    Married
    First of all, let me commend you for persevering with a question that many Bible Scholars dismiss (wrongly) as unimportant. As you say, it affects our understanding of eschatology.

Below are the dates shown in the chronological research published in 'THE ATONEMENT CLOCK.'

When was Jesus born?
    Yahchristian: Fall of 5 BC
    keras: 5 BC
    BABarean2: 6-5 BC
    Colter: August 21, 7 BC
    Adstar: ???
    A.clock: Fall of 5 BC

When was Jesus baptized?
    keras: Mid 29 AD
    BABarean2: 26-27 AD
    Colter: 26 AD
    A.clock: Fall of 26 AD

When was Jesus crucified?
    Yahchristian: Spring of 30 AD
    keras: April 3, 33 AD
    BABarean2: 30 AD
    Colter: April 7, 30 AD
    Adstar: 30 AD
    A.clock: April 7, 30 AD

When was the start of the first 69 weeks?
    Yahchristian: Fall of 458 BC
    keras: ???
    BABarean2: 457 BC
    Colter: ???
    A.clock: Mar 26, 457 BC

When was the end of the first 69 weeks?
    BABarean2: 26-27 AD
    A.clock: Mar 27, 27 AD

How long do the first 69 weeks last?
    Yahchristian: 483 years
    BABarean2: 482-483 years
    A.clock: 483 years

How old was Jesus when he was baptized?
    Yahchristian: 30
    keras: 33
    BABarean2: 31
    Colter: 32
    A.clock: 30

How old was Jesus when he was crucified?
    Yahchristian: 33 1/2
    keras: 37
    BABarean2: 34-35
    Colter: 35 1/2
    A.clock: 33 1/2

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017