Seriously, only one other person has answers to these questions...

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I answered your question, now are you able to answer mine...

When was Jesus born?

When was Jesus baptized?

When was Jesus crucified?

When was the start of the first 69 weeks?

When was the end of the first 69 weeks?
Not using any present calendar. The start of the first 69 weeks was one year, plus or minus a day or so because we don't have enough information, before the arrival of the messiah in Jerusalem. A day or so after the end of the 69 weeks, 4 days after Jesus arrived in Jerusalem hailed as the messiah, he was cutoff.

Nothing in Daniel 9 indicates when Jesus was born. Nor when Jesus was Baptized.

Anoint the Most Holy refers to Pslams2, the day when the heathen rage and image a vain thing (to try and stop Jesus's return).

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I think this sums up what is important:

Matthew 25New King James Version (NKJV)
The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins
25 “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

A hymn from my Church sums this up well:

Behold, the Bridegroom cometh in the middle of the night,

and blessed is that servant whom he shall find watching,

unworthy however, is he whom he shall find slothful.

Thus beware, O my soul, be not overcome by sleep,

lest thou be given over to death and find the door of the Kingdom shut against thee.

But arouse thyself and cry aloud:

Holy, holy, holy art thou, O God; Save us.

(Based on Revelation 16:15)

Dates, timelines, etc really aren't important for helping us grow spiritually and for helping us to be ready for when our Bridegroom returns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I had to guess, I would say that you are a Seventh Day Adventist and you feel obligated to stick with the 457 BC date for the beginning. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Absolutely not SDA, or any other denomination. (1 Corinthians 1:10-17)

I am a New Covenant believer.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
...what is a YahChristain and what is Keras?
a YahChristian is short for Yahoo Christian. Spends a lot of time doing research on Yahoo about history. Noted to be a historist.

Keras is a New Zealand bird of paradise, related to the Kiwi bird, which can't fly, because the Keras doesn't believe in a rapture to heaven. (Has Keras even made a post in this thread? )

....as near as I can tell....:sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 5

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
a YahChristian is short for Yahoo Christian. Spends a lot of time doing research on Yahoo about history. Noted to be a historist.

Keras is a New Zealand bird of paradise, related to the Kiwi bird, which can't fly, because the Keras doesn't believe in a rapture to heaven. (Has Keras even made a post in this thread? )

100266-200.png

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24:42

We know not the hour when the Lord comes, so we are commanded to watch. If this was post trib there would be no need of watching, as it would be obvious. And... It would be rather a quick trip to rise with him when he is already returning to earth?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Chuckle....
Just FYI, I maintain a trap line that catches introduced predators of our kiwis.

I did reply to YahChristian with the correct dates for Jesus; Baptisim, Luke 3:1: 29.5 AD and His Crucifixion; 3rd April 33 AD. YC doesn't believe these truths, as they don't fit with his/her beliefs.
And my disbelief in a rapture to heaven is because such a thing is not stated in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
basic dates so that they fit with your eschatological view...
I agree with much of what you have written.
It is good to see that you are working things out in terms of years from the order given by Cyrus or
was it Artaxerxes on the building of the second Temple.

But we all need to focus on 2017 - the Year of Jubilee. For this year we are all in will be the commencement of war and tribulation beyond compare with previous history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
When was Jesus born?
at noon, August 21, 7 B.C

When was Jesus baptized?
(Jesus was almost thirty-one and one-half years old when he was baptized. While Luke says that Jesus was baptized in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, which would be A.D. 29 since Augustus died in A.D. 14, it should be recalled that Tiberius was coemperor with Augustus for two and one-half years before the death of Augustus, having had coins struck in his honor in October, A.D. 11. The fifteenth year of his actual rule was, therefore, this very year of A.D. 26, that of Jesus’ baptism. And this was also the year that Pontius Pilate began his rule as governor of Judea.) UB 1955

Friday, April 7, A.D. 30. Jesus relinquished his life at 3:00 PM

irrelevant

irrelevant

Source Urantia revelation 1955

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems that people who participate on this forum have strong opinions about eschatology. I am surprised more of you have not figured out these basic dates so that they fit with your eschatological view...

When was Jesus born?
Yahchristian: Fall of 5 BC
keras: 5 BC

When was Jesus baptized?
Yahchristian: Fall of 26 AD
keras: Mid 29 AD

Yahchristian: Spring of 30 AD
keras: April 3, 33 AD

Yahchristian: Fall of 458 BC
keras: ???

P.S. According to my dates, the first 69 weeks lasted 483 years (69 * 7), and Jesus was 30 when he was baptized and 33 1/2 when he was crucified.

How can anyone have a firm date for the birth of Jesus when the Bible was not able to declare the exact age of Jesus when He started Him ministry.. The Bible says he was about 30 years old.... Meaning he could have been anywhere from 27 to 33.. People did not know how old he was..

Luke 3: KJV
{21} Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, {22} And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. {23} And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,"

Apart from that.. I believe Jesus was executed in 30 AD on passover day and was placed in the tomb before sundown which was the end of the day of Passover..

Upvote 0

Yahchristian

Mar 3, 2017
South Carolina
✟20,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are the dates posted so far. Can anyone else provide dates for these events that fit with your view of prophecy...

When was Jesus born?
Yahchristian: Fall of 5 BC
keras: 5 BC
BABarean2: 6-5 BC
Colter: August 21, 7 BC
Adstar: ???

When was Jesus baptized?
keras: Mid 29 AD
BABarean2: 26-27 AD
Colter: 26 AD

Yahchristian: Spring of 30 AD
keras: April 3, 33 AD
BABarean2: 30 AD
Colter: April 7, 30 AD
Adstar: 30 AD

BABarean2: 457 BC
Colter: ???

The answers to those questions determines the answers to these questions...

How long do the first 69 weeks last?
Yahchristian: 483 years
BABarean2: 482-483 years

How old was Jesus when he was baptized?
Yahchristian: 30
keras: 33
BABarean2: 31
Colter: 32

How old was Jesus when he was crucified?
Yahchristian: 33 1/2
keras: 37
BABarean2: 34-35
Colter: 35 1/2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

When Cyrus issued the commend to restore Jerusalem.

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying,

2 Thus says Cyrus king of Persia:

All the kingdoms of the earth the Lord God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. 3 Who is among you of all His people? May his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah, and build the house of the Lord God of Israel (He is God), which is in Jerusalem. Ezra 1:1-3

again

Who says of Cyrus, ‘He is My shepherd,
And he shall perform all My pleasure,
Saying to Jerusalem, “You shall be built,”
And to the temple, “Your foundation shall be laid.”’
Isaiah 44:28

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey during the Passover week, which is called today,
Palm Sunday.

“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.
Daniel 9:25

Messiah the Prince is a reference to when the whole city declared Hosanna to the son of David.

Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:

“Hosanna to the Son of David!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
Hosanna in the highest!”
Matthew 21:9

The "son" of a king [David] is a prince; one destined to be king.

This was just 5 days prior to Him being cut off, crucified.

It was after this event that Messiah was cut off.

• after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;

“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;

And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Daniel 9:26

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahchristian

Mar 3, 2017
South Carolina
✟20,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When Cyrus issued the commend to restore Jerusalem.

When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey during the Passover week, which is called today, Palm Sunday.

Can you provide dates for those events?

P.S. Most think Cyrus made his decree somewhere between 539-538 BC, and most think Jesus died somewhere between 30-33 AD. But that would mean the first 69 weeks lasted for 567-571 years.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you provide dates for those events?

P.S. Most think Cyrus made his decree somewhere between 539-538 BC, and most think Jesus died somewhere between 30-33 AD. But that would mean the first 69 weeks lasted for 567-571 years.

Are dates in the bible?

Upvote 0

Yahchristian

Mar 3, 2017
South Carolina
✟20,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are dates in the bible?

Yes.

Ezra 1:1... Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

Historians place the date of the first year of Cyrus in 539 - 538 BC.

So are you able to pick any dates for these events that will fit with your view of prophecy...

When was Jesus born?
When was Jesus baptized?

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. But if your view of eschatology is correct, shouldn't you be able to find dates for these basic events that would fit within your view...

When was Jesus born?

When was Jesus baptized?

the beginning of the the 69 weeks is given specifically in Daniel, from the order to go out and rebuild Jerusalem and its walls until Messiah the prince is 69 weeks. The year 444 BC and the rebuilding of Jerusalem was ordered by Artexeres in regard to Nehemiah's plea for Jerusalem. The scope of Daniel 9 has 6 specific objectives for the 70 weeks.
“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of[ sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

the 69 th week came when Jesus road in the foal of donkey on palm sunday. Jesus said about that day if you had know this thy day of thy visitation, but they who were calling out Hosanna would soon by crying out to release Barabas. The part about Messiah being cut off and the city and sanctuary destroyed are an addendum to the 69th week and neither part of the 69th or 70th week. The Lord came exactly 69 7's from the order to rebuild Jerusalem and the Lord was cut off not for himselff and the city was then destroyed with the sanctuary in 70AD. The 70th week begins when the prince who shall come confirms a covenant with the many for one week or 7 years. In the middle of the 70th week it says of this prince who is of the people who would destroy Jerusalem that he will bring an end to the sacrifice. In Rev we see this is where the dragon gives power to teh beast and the beast survives a mortal would and commits the abomination of desolation in the temple. He then requires the mark of the beast and the false prophet gives life to the image of the beast and all must worship the image or die.

This is all future with a great deal of evidence screaming like Noah" giant ark before the flood that this day is coming. Israel is a nation again and Jerusalem is the center of global religious and political crisis. The worlds religions are uniting as are the governments to form a single authority. The Temple Institute has prepared everything necessary for the resumption of the daily sacrifices not done since 70AD. Hosea 3 says this 4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

You see it has been many days without a sacrifice and Israel has not had a king since Babylon. The return of the sacrifice is linked in Hose to the return of David and Israel seeking the Lord and it is a latter day prophecy. It has been many days with out a sacrifice and many more without a king. The 70th week covenant will soon be formed and Israel will get the return of the sacrifice and in the middle of this week is when the abomination of desolation will take place. The very specifics to support this view are all lined up and on the stage now. The replacement theology that God is done with Israel ignores the obvious literal nature that is witness to the prophecy being literal not allegory.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24:42

We know not the hour when the Lord comes, so we are commanded to watch. If this was post trib there would be no need of watching, as it would be obvious. And... It would be rather a quick trip to rise with him when he is already returning to earth?

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

A thief comes in time unlooked for, like unto the times of Noah, and like unto the times of Lot. I would say there will be a lot of unhappy post-tribbers on that day!

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0