Serious Question, Does God hate "Some" people ?

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God hated Esau.

I am not the Holy Spirit, and I can't force you to study the Hebrew root of that verse. I kindly agree to disagree with you.

All Love in Jesus Christ to you.

I am curious, do you believe that "God created Evil"?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean I know that He loves humanity in a general sense because He gave us His Son so we could have forgiveness, but I'm asking does God hate "some" people on an individual bases because of their sin and hatred for him ? (Esau ? )

People who have blasphemed The Holy Spirit and have no chance or even a desire for redemption and people who worship the Beast and take the mark of the Beast does God hate them ?

God hates evil.

God loves the sinner. But, a sinner who has thought it through and has created lies as his means to feel justified in his sinning? That system of thinking is evil.

Satan's sin began with evil thinking. If Satan had repented, God would have readily accepted Lucifer back. But, its evil that sets up a wall between their being and God's ways needed to be one with God.

Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. There was not one sin that Hitler committed that the Lord did not bear and pay for on his cross. Its evil that Jesus could not die for.

Sin and evil are not the same things. God hates evil. God loves the sinner.

False doctrine = Evil.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think one has to capture the spirit of how the word "hate" is used.

Parents have been know in a state of being angry have said they hate yes some of their own offspring. But do they really? If something happened to them would not their heart be broken, would they not grieve with much sorrow? Yes.

So they really love them so someone saying they hate their offspring one listening in needs to understand it to be taken a certain way. God says he has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. If he absolutely hated them I suppose their death he'd find pleasurable. He doesn't .

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Like I said, the Bible does not call love an aspect of God but what is. God is just, but it is bad to compare Therefore no one should think God loves them so much to where God will not allow them to be lost no matter what one does.

Again, my point was that both love and justice are of God's nature. Therefore no one should think God loves them so much God will overlook their sins and unconditionally save them anyway.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God hated Esau.
In Malachi 1 Esau name is used for Edom and Jacobs name for Israel, so it is not that God "hated" the individual Esau but God 'hated" Edom and loved Israel. By the time of Malachi, Jacob and Esau had been dead for centuries.

Genesis 29:30-31 "And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren."

Hated means loved less than. God's 'hate' for people has nothing to do with the human emotional hate but favor. Genesis 25:23 God foreknew one people would be stronger than another, hence God had more favor-love for one and hate-less favor for the other when choosing which people He would use to accomplish His will in bringing the Messiah into the world. Bot Jacob/Israel and Esau/Edom committed sins and transgression against God, but God foreknew Jacob/Israel would overall be more obedient to Him whereby He could use them for His purpose of bring the Messiah into the world thru them. Esau could have chosen to be a more godly person, but he chose otherwise for himself.

No indication in the Bible that God had a predetermined, unconditional emotional hate towards the individual Esau before the world began.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Malachi 1 Esau name is used for Edom and Jacobs name for Israel, so it is not that God "hated" the individual Esau but God 'hated" Edom and loved Israel. By the time of Malachi, Jacob and Esau had been dead for centuries.

Genesis 29:30-31 "And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren."

Hated means loved less than. God's 'hate' for people has nothing to do with the human emotional hate but favor. Genesis 25:23 God foreknew one people would be stronger than another, hence God had more favor-love for one and hate-less favor for the other when choosing which people He would use to accomplish His will in bringing the Messiah into the world. Bot Jacob/Israel and Esau/Edom committed sins and transgression against God, but God foreknew Jacob/Israel would overall be more obedient to Him whereby He could use them for His purpose of bring the Messiah into the world thru them. Esau could have chosen to be a more godly person, but he chose otherwise for himself.

No indication in the Bible that God had a predetermined, unconditional emotional hate towards the individual Esau before the world began.

Yes.. There are different forms of hate. But, its not limited to one type of hatred.

God hates evil. The Lake of Fire is proof of that.

Its not a matter of loving less. God can not have less love for evil.

God does not hate all rejection. He accepts it when it comes from ignorance. He hates those who not only reject Him. But, those who think He should be replaced. That was Satan's arrogant evil.

God hates ignorance that remains tenacious after one has been shown.

Why must we make excuses for God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes.. There are different forms of hate. But, its not limited to one type of hatred.

God hates evil. The Lake of Fire is proof of that.

Its not a matter of loving less. God can not have less love for evil.

God does not hate all rejection. He accepts it when it comes from ignorance. He hates those who not only reject Him. But, those who think He should be replaced. That was Satan's arrogant evil.

God hates ignorance that remains tenacious after one has been shown.

Why must we make excuses for God?
God does not have the same form of hate for man as He does towards sin.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God does not have the same form of hate for man as He does towards sin.
What about evil? Do you understand the differences?

Sin cuts God off from being one with us. Its why we see God's provision to restore fellowship in the Spirit as revealed in 1 John 1:9.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another, and the
blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves
and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."

God hates sin, because sin cuts us off from having oneness in the Spirit with God. But, God does not hate the sinner. God hates what sin deprives of both God and the person.

On the other hand. God hates unrepentant evil people because unrepentant evil people contrive ways of thinking that encourages and approves of sin. Evil is different from sin. Sin is an impulse one follows wrongly. The other (evil) is a conscious rejection of God's Word in regards to sin.

Jesus paid for our sins. Jesus could not die for evil. He could not do so.

If He had died for evil? Satan and his angels could at this time get saved. Jesus would have had to reject Himself while on the Cross to pay for evil. He can not reject Himself. Evil is what sends someone to the Lake of Fire.

Evil rejects God. Sin only cuts us off from our fellowship with God.

Sin can be recovered from by acknowledging our own sins - 1 John 1:9. Evil can only be recovered by learning Bible doctrine and changing ones thinking (repentance) by converting ones evil point of view to accept what the Word of God shows us.

We "confess-acknowledge" for recovery from our sins. Evil requires repentance.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What about evil? Do you understand the differences?

Sin cuts God off from being one with us. Its why we see God's provision to restore fellowship in the Spirit as revealed in 1 John 1:9.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another, and the
blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves
and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."

God hates sin, because sin cuts us off from having oneness in the Spirit with God. But, God does not hate the sinner. God hates what sin deprives of both God and the person.

On the other hand. God hates unrepentant evil people because unrepentant evil people contrive ways of thinking that encourages and approves of sin. Evil is different from sin. Sin is an impulse one follows wrongly. The other (evil) is a conscious rejection of God's Word in regards to sin.

Jesus paid for our sins. Jesus could not die for evil. He could not do so.

If He had died for evil? Satan and his angels could at this time get saved. Jesus would have had to reject Himself while on the Cross to pay for evil. He can not reject Himself. Evil is what sends someone to the Lake of Fire.

Evil rejects God. Sin only cuts us off from our fellowship with God.

Sin can be recovered from by acknowledging our own sins - 1 John 1:9. Evil can only be recovered by learning Bible doctrine and changing ones thinking (repentance) by converting ones evil point of view to accept what the Word of God shows us.

We "confess-acknowledge" for recovery from our sins. Evil requires repentance.

All sin is evil.

Sin-evil both require repentance, and God does not hate an evil person, a person that sins, 2 Peter 3:9 but wants all to come to repentance and be saved, that is love for the lost sinner, the evil people.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" God certainly has love for the wicked.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Again, my point was that both love and justice are of God's nature. Therefore no one should think God loves them so much God will overlook their sins and unconditionally save them anyway.
If people don't want to saved, God cannot force them to love Him. That wouldn't be love

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All sin is evil.

Sin-evil both require repentance, and God does not hate an evil person, a person that sins, 2 Peter 3:9 but wants all to come to repentance and be saved, that is love for the lost sinner, the evil people.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?" God certainly has love for the wicked.

ok.... But, you are totally missing the point. Take a break, please.
I am not the Holy Spirit, and I can't force you to study the Hebrew root of that verse. I kindly agree to disagree with you.

All Love in Jesus Christ to you.

I am curious, do you believe that "God created Evil"?

Evil held several meanings. A flood destroying a village of wicked people could have been said that it was an evil created by God. Yet, Satan is evil in his thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok....

Evil held several meanings. A flood destroying a village of wicked people could have been said that it was an evil created by God. Yet, Satan is evil in his thinking.

My personal answer is that Evil is born of abused free will, that was, is and always has been endowed by God to us, out of His Love.

God didn’t create Evil, Contrive Evil, Will Evil or Desire Evil.

God is Good.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's love is restrained by His Integrity.
God's love can not be expressed until His justice is satisfied.

God is not a sentimental fool.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My personal answer is that Evil is born of abused free will, that was, is and always has been endowed by God to us, out of His Love.

God didn’t create Evil, Contrive Evil, Will Evil or Desire Evil.

God is Good.
Ahh... yet the Bible states that God creates evil.

I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things.
Isa 45:7

Evil was another way of saying 'disaster.'

That is where the second meaning I mentioned takes precedence.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahh... yet the Bible states that God creates evil.

I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things.
Isa 45:7

Evil was another way of saying 'disaster.'

That is where the second meaning I mentioned takes precedence.

The Hebrew root of that is not the word “evil”.

This is not the same as “Evil”

Evil does not flow from Righteousness.

Simple reason and full Scriptural understanding affirm this.

If I had a dollar for every verse that isn’t carefully studied!

The verse is, “I form the Light and Create Darkness”.... Peace and Calamity.

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ok.... But, you are totally missing the point. Take a break, please.

I was talking about morally evil people, God loves all men even the wicked and evil.

I agree that evil has different meanings....sickness is called evil, natural catastrophes and calamities are called evil.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Evil in this verse obviously does not refer to moral evil (Habakkuk 1:13) but refers to calamity, disaster, unrest.
"Light" is contrasted to "darkness" and "peace" would be contrasted to calamity, disaster...the opposite of peace.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0