Serious POLL question?

Are you doing better since Trump entered office?

• Yes

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Not sure?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No change

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They say at election time that voters ask of themselves if they are doing better in their lives since the incumbent was put into office?

If so the voters usually wish to keep them in.
If not they wish to get them out.

How are you doing out there
with Trump in the White House?

M-Bob

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have had a job (the same one for 24 years)my 401k and Roth IRA may be doing better now but again that could go down next year or it could do well. I have sold a few more paintings, this may be, the people have had a little extra money to spend on art. So really i can not say

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They say at election time that voters ask of themselves if they are doing better in their lives since the incumbent was put into office?

They say that, but they vote on how the economy is doing
or who is perceived to improve it.

If we listened to what they say Hillary would have won.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

M-Bob

I voted with an honest no, but that doesn't mean it's Trumps fault or the fault of economic policy employed by the Trump administration.

I'm happy with the direction our economy is going as a nation, and I'm still voting for Trump.

I'll be honest though, at this point I'll never vote democrat again in a national or state level office unless the democratic party does a 180.

I did vote for a democratic sheriff our last local election as well as a democrat for a county position.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well there's this. Gallup, out today:

trump achievement poll.png

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Financially, I'm doing a lot better. I thank God for that, but I don't see what Trump has to do with it. Even so, I'll probably vote for Trump, because, seriously, what's the alternative?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

M-Bob

From what I can tell the polls are not only slanted (I've not heard of any where republicans or conservatives are oversampled) plus I get a kick out of how the questions are framed.

But I get a feeling that there are many people like me who just don't care to answer pollsters. And I bet most of them are conservatives.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

M-Bob
i'm doing so much better.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reasons why my pocket book is doing better since Trump entered office.

1 -- I retired from the City of San Diego and when their investments do good for the year we get an extra monthly retirement check. They call this the 13th check. Some years if their earnings are not good we do not get this extra check and if it is sent out the amount of the 13th check is based on how good they did. We have received a 13th check each year that Trump has been in office.

2 -- Our investment counselor is very pleased that Trump is in the White House and attributes the good economy to Trump.

3 -- As soon as Trump went into office my wife and I started to not have to pay a large chunk of cash to Uncle Sam at the end of the tax year but, instead starting getting a nice amount back from the government. That first year of receiving money back instead of paying I asked our tax man why? Thinking that maybe he had made a mistake while doing our taxes. He said that we were getting money back instead of paying because of Trump.

Below -- not a money issue but, important.

4 -- Last but, not least we of this house are pleased to have a strong President in the White House who is very concerned with the safety of the American people.

M-Bob

PS
Been married for 14 years and my wife has always stated that, "usually, she votes according to her pocketbook." So far she is a supporter of Trump. If the day comes when she is not, I guess that we will be on our way for some Christian Counseling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
doing better. Unemployment across the board is lowest levels in decades. Reduction of burdensome regulations and encouraging companies to return to the USA is the reason we have this economy. Liberals would have not changed anything. They would have pushed the $15 minimum wage and made unemployment worse. But with the economy doing so well, $14 an hour is common. So raising the minimum to 14 would not harm the economy like it would have in a hard time.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
I'm better off but Trump had little to do with it. I was doing pretty good before he took office.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if material well being is the only criterion I would use.
Lots of civilizations have been financially successful and fallen because they have lost their moral compass.
Although i believe that Trump is a degenerate anomaly whose like we will never--If we are fortunate--encounter again, his ability to corrupt so many in government, turning them into criminal accomplices, leaves me despondent.
I am a senior citizen, and seeing the moral decline of our nation and our children's future imperiled makes me very sad.

Upvote 0