✟9,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,
I would first like to say that this situation I have and will continue to petition to the Lord about..asking it if this is His will for it to be so. I am NOT looking for a solution but an opinion from y'all! So i have a neighbor of mine that is recovering from her second stroke. My mother sometimes takes care of her and all...I had to bring her something tonight and she asked me if I went to church on sundays. I said yes I do! and then she asked me if she could come along with me? It was without hesitation that I said yes to her. When I went home to tell my mom about the good news that I thought was good news she was so upset..
She proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't take her because she has an "evil" spirit, that she is dirty because her germs will be in my car and I have to clean and just saying a lot of stuff that I thought were SUPERFICIAL excuses.

My mother is saved and does believe in God...
I did my best to explain that the very fact that she asked me was a divine appointment..its not every day that someone who isnt saved asked to go to church..only God could do that. My mother then said it was only a coincidence that my neighbor asked me..and right there I knew something was wrong.

Im at a point where I want to defy my mother so that this woman could hear the word yet Im like I don't want to disobey my mother either. I kept telling her that Jesus says you cant only love those who love you...and even mentioned Luke 14 where it talks about the cost of being a disciple..to follow even if everyone else goes the other way.
Just want a BIBLICAL opinion on this please! thanks so much and God bless you.

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, if I'm dusting off the old noggin correctly, Jesus says that his mother and sisters and brothers are those who do his will. It would seem blood relation comes second to Blood relation. I would be careful around Demonic spirits, but it does sound like your mother is just lying? Prayed for you.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you try reading the Bible to get a biblical opinion?
Jesus did go to those people’s homes who invited Him. And He always took others with Him too, as witnesses. Usually He had Pharisee witnesses along too.
On the other hand He told His brother that He wasn’t going to the feast but ended up going secretly after His brother had left. And as mentioned about family He placed faith in heavenly connections rather than look at flesh as binding on Him.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
If my scripture references weren’t enough for you to see that then..
It seems from your original post that you didn’t find an answer, and that’s why you were soliciting biblical opinions from this forum. Isn’t that why you posted?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At one point our Lord's own disciples tried to prevent some from coming to HIM. Here is how he addressed them:

Mark 10:14
But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, “Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

IOW, if someone wants to come, permit them and support them. Even if well meaning people think it is not appropriate.

Upvote 0