[serious] Did people treat you differently after you lost a lot weight?

wynning826

Jul 23, 2017
Vancouver
✟11,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wondering what everyone's experience is within the church setting.

I am the tall fat girl with a good personalty but never the girlfriend. Men at my church usually go for the slim and faithful women of Christ. Which is understandable and I am happy for my peers. However, sometimes I do get jealous that I get passed over for someone who is more attractive.

After my breakup, I have been working out a lot more and lost around 20 lbs from 160lbs to 140. I still have around 20lbs to lose in order to get to my goal weight. But nothing really changed except people tell me that it looks like I lost weight.

So I'm curious, what is your experience after losing weight?
Did people treat you differently?
Were there more jealousy among your peers?

Last edited:

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

I mean, you would look like a completely different person!

Your face would lean out, a more gaunt look. And you would most certainly handle yourself differently, with confidence like never before.

Reactions: wynning826
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did find myself walking around the streets with a huge amount of confidence, maybe overconfidence, like I just felt really powerful and really believed in myself. I mean I was skinny most of my life and never felt that, yet it seems having been skinny then fat then back to normal weight I just felt better about myself than I ever have. I guess it is like feeling like you are born again and have a second chance.

Upvote 0