Yorkshire
✟7,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I dont even know how to begin this ladies and gents so i apologise for any rambling that follows. I grew up church of england getting christened as a child. I fell away fron god at the age of 12 and took up paganism and witchcraft. In my late teens i got baptised in a strange fling i had with god that lasted around a year. I fell away from god again. 2 of my children have pagan names (odin and freyja the name of 2 pagan gods) and i have a pagan tattoo. How after all this could i come back to god

• Prayers
Reactions: Tone

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course. Seeking God is a lifetime journey and there are many frequent detours along the way, often in order to learn different approaches and discover which serve God and which serve the world of man. There is little of God in the world of man because they are two opposing systems, one based on self, the other on selflessness.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you feel you are trapped in the wrong realm?

Col 1:
12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.…

This is the journey out - through confession of sin, repentance, renounciation, cleansing, healing, submission to Him.

Make this journey out your Number One priority.

Read the Word, immerse yourself in prayer, be mentored by solid loving folks.

It took me 7 years - there is nothing He cannot deal with - a submitted life is beautiful in His hands.

You are greatly loved by Him.

Time to come home.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

BioLeap

The Linchpin
May 27, 2019
Queensland
✟8,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont even know how to begin this ladies and gents so i apologise for any rambling that follows. I grew up church of england getting christened as a child. I fell away fron god at the age of 12 and took up paganism and witchcraft. In my late teens i got baptised in a strange fling i had with god that lasted around a year. I fell away from god again. 2 of my children have pagan names (odin and freyja the name of 2 pagan gods) and i have a pagan tattoo. How after all this could i come back to god
I also had a fling with God once, and he left me standing at the altar. But all I could think at the time was, what am I going to do with all the shrimp.

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Hi Shanelg94 & welcome to CF!

You can, absolutely, come back to God. He is awaiting your return. The Bible says it doesn't matter who you are or what you have done:

22) We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. (Romans 3:22 NLT)​

Because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross, everything you’ve ever done wrong can be forgiven. God forgives freely, completely, instantly, and repeatedly.

It doesn’t matter who you are. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, who you’ve done it with, how long you did it, or where you did it — you can be saved. You can be forgiven. Everything is forgiven when you trust in Jesus Christ.

9) If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10) For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. (Romans 10:9-10 NLT)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Serious confusion"

Abba Yahuah, thank you for Your Work in this life...please Breathe a Fresh Breath into this Body and raise us up...deliver us from the pull of illusion and let us shine Your True Light,in the Name of Yahshua ha Mashiach...Firstborn from among the dead...Amen.

Colossians 1
"17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence. 19For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him."

*Colossians 1:29
"29To this end I labor,striving with all His energy working powerfully within me."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
Nothing is too hard for God, nobody too far away. Please read the story of The Prodigal Son. Then pray. Miracles will then happen to you. You are as worthy to God as all of us. He will not reject you if you are sincere. Gid bless you.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,208.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Shanelg94,

If you want to come back to God - and it seems like you might, or you would not be posting this - that is the first step.
If you want to know God again, you can tell him you are sorry and ask him to help you to know him. God reveals himself to us in the Bible. It's best not to start at the beginning when reading the bible; Mark's Gospel is a good place to start.
Your children having the names of pagan god is not a problem - the days of the week and months of the year are named after pagan gods, that doesn't mean we worship those gods. If your children become Christians they may, or may not, want to take new names. A "pagan" tattoo can be hidden or removed, should you wish it to be.

God loves you, knows all about you and why you fell away and is waiting for you to return to him.

• Agree
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord is merciful and is always waiting to embrace us in His loving arms. No matter how far deep we may be in our sins. He also leads and takes us through whatever process, we may need to go through, inorder for us to be completely set free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0