✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whoa.

My daughter just came downstairs and told me her best friend, Cara, was in a wreck last night while driving home from the Braves game. Cara was driving a car with five other friends...all college kids. She lost control and went down an embankment...rolling the car. Four of her friends were killed. :eek:

My girl said the last time she saw Cara she sensed it would be the last time she would ever see her...so she had been praying intercession for Cara's safety.

Isn't God awesome?

Please pray that the legal ramifications from this and MOST OF ALL the emotional effects will not be too much. There is no telling where this could go.

Please, please pray for the four familes who are starting the day today with their precious children gone. And pray for Cara. She is in an Atlanta hospital with a head gash, fluid in her lung and bruises. The other survivor, Stu, is also in the hospital. Please call down healing from heaven for both of these kids. Thank you.

Aug 12, 2006
✟17,095.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whoa.

My daughter just came downstairs and told me her best friend, Cara, was in a wreck last night while driving home from the Braves game. Cara was driving a car with five other friends...all college kids. She lost control and went down an embankment...rolling the car. Four of her friends were killed. :eek:

My girl said the last time she saw Cara she sensed it would be the last time she would ever see her...so she had been praying intercession for Cara's safety.

Isn't God awesome?

Please pray that the legal ramifications from this and MOST OF ALL the emotional effects will not be too much. There is no telling where this could go.

Please, please pray for the four familes who are starting the day today with their precious children gone. And pray for Cara. She is in an Atlanta hospital with a head gash, fluid in her lung and bruises. The other survivor, Stu, is also in the hospital. Please call down healing from heaven for both of these kids. Thank you.
Dear Lord, please bless all the families and please give everyone grace and mercy in this time of need. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for your prayers. The story finally made the news. Cara's sister told my daughter that Cara has reported that the steering just quit working. I'm wondering if she maybe had a blowout.

Cobb County Accident Kills Four

POSTED: 12:26 pm EDT June 10, 2007
UPDATED: 12:48 pm EDT June 10, 2007

KENNESAW, Ga. -- Police say 4 of the 6 people traveling in a Jeep Liberty on I-575 North near Bells Ferry Road were killed when the vehicle lost control just before midnight Sunday. It went off an embankment and flipped several times.
19-year old Cara Holland of Canton was driving the SUV. She and the front passenger, 21-year old Roy Padgett survived.
All four people in the backseat were killed. They're identified as Ashlee Kraft, Suzanne Cranford, Michael Mabry and Daniel Branson. Police say they were not wearing seatbelts.
Both Holland and Padgett are being treated for serious injuries.
Police are investigating the incident. They say alcohol use is not suspected as a contributing factor in this collision.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying this to be insensitive, or anything like that, but in reading the story, I wonder how 4 people fit into the back seat of a Jeep Liberty. That is a fairly small SUV in the first place, then when 4 people get back there, it is easy to understand why no one was wearing seat belts, because it was probably only designed to fit two people, and MAYBE one small child.

I'm not saying this to be discouraging or to take focus off the accident, but to say that this could figure in to the police looking into it, and that I have prayed and will be praying that everything will be okay for the families, and for Cara in the investigation.

Stephen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Her best friend!! )-: So sorry.

Lord, bring hope into this situation. Prevent others, especially Hisgirl's family, from slipping into depression and despair over the loss. Show them Your plans for their future.

Thank You for showing Hisgirl's daughter ahead of time -- that was so thoughtful of You.

Use this time to speak to each person at the funerals, in the schools, hearing the news, about the value of life. Remind them that You are there, not just for eternal issues, but for comfort and warnings and hope.

There have been so many teen car accidents this month! Far more in our city than the usual May-June ones (one among my kids' friends too). Sorry to take away from the weight of this thread.... this is horrible not just for the families, but for the whole community of friends.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.