Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are now under the Serbian Church. Attended our first Liturgy. I understood half of the Liturgy with difficulty. (At least it’s a Slavic language). My iPhone is tied to the Russian App Store, which doesn’t seem to have much helpful in regards to the Church. Does anyone have helpful links for calendar, services, and readings?

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Contents
This link on the Serbian Diocese of America page has some of the hymns in English, Serbian, and maybe Slavonic available for download on PDF.

St Sava's Seminary's bookstore page is undergoing a revamp from the looks of it, but their website says it should be up by October 15. If you can not wait that long, let me know and I'll reach out to the local Serbian priest here and see what he has available, knows, etc.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Contents
This link on the Serbian Diocese of America page has some of the hymns in English, Serbian, and maybe Slavonic available for download on PDF.

St Sava's Seminary's bookstore page is undergoing a revamp from the looks of it, but their website says it should be up by October 15. If you can not wait that long, let me know and I'll reach out to the local Serbian priest here and see what he has available, knows, etc.
I can’t wait that long. Thanks for anything you can do.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can’t wait that long. Thanks for anything you can do.
Email sent.

This parish is having their Serbian Festival this weekend, so if I don't hear back I have a great excuse to drop by. What is your language preference; English only, English and Serbian, or one of the two with Slavonic?

Upvote 0

cradleGO

Road Map
Aug 20, 2021
Eastern
✟21,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are now under the Serbian Church. Attended our first Liturgy. I understood half of the Liturgy with difficulty. (At least it’s a Slavic language). My iPhone is tied to the Russian App Store, which doesn’t seem to have much helpful in regards to the Church. Does anyone have helpful links for calendar, services, and readings?
Question: How did your church become under the Serbian Church? Sounds like this is a surprise to you. Just curious.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Question: How did your church become under the Serbian Church? Sounds like this is a surprise to you. Just curious.

I think it’s because he moved if I am not mistaken.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And here is our diocesan website: Western Diocese - Diocese of Western America

The Eastern eparchy of the U.S. is this site: Home

They usually have all you need, Rus.
Thank you very much!
I already have that app, but find Orthoprax to be a little more accurate to where I am.
What I can’t find is Serbian language support - Liturgical text, English or Russian/Serbian bilingual, preferably, to be able to follow along, especially on the harder and changing parts of services.

I was finally able to go to Confession this week after 4 months of the crazy situation we have found ourselves in. Found a priest that speaks English. Strangely enough, the priests don’t do Russian much around here, though they are both Slavic languages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sorry you’re going through some rough stuff, rus. prayers for you.
There's a lot of frustrations with Montenegro from the Serbian Orthodox point of view. Our priest face-palms a lot where that country is concerned. I wish Rus the best. I would tell him to come home to America, but with the LGBT perverse, violent, homeless-laden, crime-ridden, chaotic lunacy that is taking over this country, I'm not sure it's much of an upgrade!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot of frustrations with Montenegro from the Serbian Orthodox point of view. Our priest face-palms a lot where that country is concerned. I wish Rus the best. I would tell him to come home to America, but with the LGBT perverse, violent, homeless-laden, crime-ridden, chaotic lunacy that is taking over this country, I'm not sure it's much of an upgrade!
yeesh

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟432,591.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Church here is Serbian. The would-be Montenegrin nationalistic “Church” is small, and largely underground here. They do things differently than in the Moscow region. Most women don’t cover, for example, but up to Communion, men do generally stand on the right and women on the left in my limited experience here. Many more icons seem to have been made in the Uniate, rather than Byzantine style.

My profession is a thankless one in the US, and not particularly respected or recognized. The only place you can make a basic living is in public education, and we both know how horrible that is now for the traditional Christian. I spent four years in the US learning that the hard way.

• Prayers
Reactions: Nick1000
Upvote 0