✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today is also the Memorial of St. Vincent de Paul Priest, and as I listened to the Mass Readings I was amazed to see the same Alleluia Verse as yesterday, and repeat it to you all today. God wants us to hear these words and to follow Jesus “through, with, in and for Mary”. St. Vincent de Paul served the poor even as St. Louis did following Jesus.

Alleluia (Mk 10:45) - "The Son of Man came to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many…

Today we begin Wk. 2 on our Journey toward Consecrating ourselves totally to Jesus through Mary. In paragraph 229 of “True Devotion” we hear God inspiriing St. Louis to write:

“Each day of the second week they should endeavor in all their prayers and works to acquire an understanding of the Blessed Virgin and ask the Holy Spirit for this Grace. They should pray daily the Litany of the Holy Spirit and The Ave Maris Stella as during the first week. In addition they will say at least 5 decades of the Rosary for a greater understanding of Mary.”

In Chapter 6 of “True Devotion” in paragraphs 213 – 225, God has inspired St. Louis to write:

213 – My dear friend, be sure that if you remain faithful in the interior and exterior practices of this devotion which I will point out, the following effects will be produced in your soul:​

1. By the light which the Holy Spirit will give you through Mary, His faithful spouse, you will perceive the evil ininclinations of your fallen nature and how incapable you are of any good, apart from that which God produces in you as Author of nature and of Grace…the humble Mary will share her humility with you so that although you regard yourself with distaste and desire to be disregarded by others, you will not look down slightingly upon anyone.
214Mary will share her faith with you. Her faith on earth was stronger than that of all the patriarchs, prophets, apostles and saints … you will be inspired by faith in your daily life. It will cause you to depend less upon sensible and extraordinary feelings. For it is a lively faithanimated by charity enabling you to do everything from no other motive than that of pure love…Finally, this Faith will strengthen you to resist the devil and the other enemies of Salvation.

NOTE: Paragraph 214 is long and so I have only given some sentences, but if you have the book at home or have already looked at the link to the digital copy on EWTN, you can ponder the whole of it. God willing, I will continue with paragraphs 215 and 216 tomorrow. and days following to the End of Wk. 2. How blessed we are to be listeneing to God’s Words with the ears of our Hearts to hear and do the Truth He gives us through His Saints.

Come Holy Spirit, fill us as you filled Mary with Jesus! Amen.​

Reactions: Michie