✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Sunday is the Lord’s Day - the Day of His Resurrection from the dead. Listening to the Mass Readings for today, let us continue asking the Holy Spirit to open the ears of our hearts that we may hear God’s Truth as Mary did on this earth, and do the Truth we hear as Mary did and does now in heaven.

Only posting a fragment of Reading 1 and the Gospel for today, in order that some may also read a few important references to strengthen the understanding of God’s Words. Hopefully you will be able to copy down the references and spend time pondering with Mary, all God is saying to us today:

Reading I [Nm 11:25-29]

…when a young man quickly told Moses, "Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp, " Joshua, son of Nun, who from his youth had been Moses’ aide, said, “Moses, my lord, stop them.” But Moses answered him, "Are you jealous for my sake? Would that all the people of the LORD were prophets! Would that the LORD might bestow His Spirit on them all!"

Alleluia (Jn 17:17) - “Your Word, O Lord, is Truth; consecrate us in the Truth.”​

Gospel (Mk 9:38-43, 45, 47-48)

At that time, John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.” Jesus replied, "Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in My Name who can at the same time speak ill of Me. For whoever is not against us is for us Anyone who gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ, amen, I say to you, will surely not lose his reward. "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than with two hands to go into Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut if off. It is better for you to enter into life crippled than with two feet to be thrown into Gehenna. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. Better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna, where 'their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

References to read and ponder:
1 Cor 12:12-31 - the Body of Christ, in many members
(1 Cor 12:21)
Hand - see Mt 6:3, 2 Cor 6:7
Foot - see Lk 1:79, Rom 10:15
Eye - see Mt 6:22-23)
Hopefully you will hear more than what we perhaps can hear or read from those who say Jesus is merely using “exaggerated speech!” For if we Listen prayerfully to what Jesus the Incarnate Word is saying to us, we will hear the Holy Spirit bringing us into the fullness of His Truth.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful. Fill us as you filled Mary with Jesus. our Way our Truth and our Life. Amen.

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was moved by the message today- Jesus joyfully welcomes all who come to Him. And we are also blessed with the Luminous Mysteries today, which seems so fitting. May the Peace of the Lord be with you.
Thanks again for your encouraging reply. It is always a blessing to Listen prayerfully and to be moved by God's Word -- especially when one prays the Rosary.

• Friendly
Reactions: Davorah
Upvote 0