Sentencing hearing for Dr Nassar

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LANSING – Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon appeared at Larry Nassar’s sentencing hearing Wednesday, slipping into the courtroom as the lunch break ended.

“You have to be horrified and extremely sorry that anybody’s lives have been affected profoundly by someone that I trusted, a lot of people trusted,” she said during a brief afternoon break in the court proceedings. “So what you’re hearing is a story of betrayal and broken trust with enormous ramifications. That is very, very painful (even) if I were not the president of Michigan State."

Simon sat in the back row, listening to statements from women and girls who wanted to be heard by Ingham County Judge Rosemarie Aquilina before she sentences Nassar on seven sexual assault charges on Friday. The former MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor has been accused by more than 125 women and girls who reported him to police. More than 140 are part of civil lawsuits against Nassar, USAG, MSU and others.​
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...-lou-anna-simon-nassar-sentencing/1042362001/

On a personal note - my former pastor's daughter was one of his victims when she was in highschool. It has pretty much caused her mom, the pastor's wife to completely lose her faith in God. And the fact that this is now all coming out has sent her into a deep depression.

Last edited:

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Girls in higher levels of gymnastics (like these), tend to be stronger and more confident than the norm and are used to quietly following directions of those over them. It is beyond sad, how many girls have been damaged by this man...both losing their confidence with the world around them and often quitting the sport they love so much. I can't believe how many adults put winning over their love for their gymnasts. When I coached, all my girls were MY girls... The need for discipline and commitment needed to perform well meant they weren't likely to lie about things related to their training...these weren't just kids who walked in off the street and took a single class.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:37-39King James Version (KJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Upvote 0