Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its not..the tranlators used what they thought where the best words to translate to. Just like if I say, Hola, me llamo es paco you could say a translation is HI, I'm Paco. Or Hi, my name is Paco. The same thing and as long as you have the orginal text to refer to (which we do) there is no problem at all.

Upvote 0

Karen

Mrs. Not Deceived, nOSAS
Feb 6, 2002
WY
Visit site
✟152.00
Originally posted by JeTmAn
Now, wasn't the King James version actually translated from Latin, whereas other versions of the Bible were translated from the original languages, therefore making them more accurate?

-JeTmAn

No. The KJV is translated directly from the Hebrew (the Masoretic text) and the Greek (the Received Text or Textus Receptus)

The NIV and other "modern" versions were translated from the Sinaiticus and the Alexandrius.

The Sinaiticus was actually found in the burn pile at a monastery. It was there for a reason - because of all the errors and omissions in it. :cool:

Major parts of the KJV NT, btw, were supposedly actually copied directly from Tyndale's translation. Since I don't have nor have I seen Tyndale's translation, I have to say "supposedly."

AGIC,
Karen

Upvote 0
If rock music is ungodly purely by mere sound, then you must be calling the man who wrote Psalm 150 a tool of Satan. How about 1 Corinthians 9:19-23:

"For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

Logically interpreted, rock music can be used for Godly purposes and is today.

Can you look at this page also?

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/kjvcult.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hmmm....
maybe its just cuz im new in here or something, or maybe im just a bit retarded..:) but what is anime, and rpgs?
and to say that anything other than the kjv is a lie from Satan, is just wrong, thats only your opinion and you shouldnt put anyone in a catagory of Satan, for reading the Bible..

Upvote 0

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
[GLOW=blue]Steps out of his moderatorship to answer personal questions[/GLOW]
My real name is Joey-- but you all may call me what ever you wish ;)

Originally posted by PrinceJeff
If rock music is ungodly purely by mere sound, then you must be calling the man who wrote Psalm 150 a tool of Satan. How about 1 Corinthians 9:19-23:
"For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."
Logically interpreted, rock music can be used for Godly purposes and is today.
Can you look at this page also?
http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/kjvcult.htm

Thats a nice site... do you dislike the KJB or what?
1 Cor 9 : 19 is what i sign with when i sign my signature to anything :)

Originally posted by allieisme
hmmm....
maybe its just cuz im new in here or something, or maybe im just a bit retarded..:) but what is anime, and rpgs?
and to say that anything other than the kjv is a lie from Satan, is just wrong, thats only your opinion and you shouldnt put anyone in a catagory of Satan, for reading the Bible..

Anime is Animation, Cartoons, Japaneese Animation. KJB is the conviction the God has given me-- your personal convictions may be different- I have scriptural refference for mine. This could be fun-- lets discuss our convictions? Yes/No ?

Originally posted by amie
Sensei, I have a couple of questions...what was the title of the last really good book you read and what are your hobbies...aside from the computer...
Amie

Which type book are you talking about ?
Hobbies-
Worshiping Jesus in Spirit and in Truth
Praying for others
Working on building a new church building
Keeping this body fit by working out at the gym
Singing Gospel
In th eprocess of makeing an Christian based RPG game from the New Testament
Karate

[GLOW=red]Steps back into his moderatorship and goes back to work[/GLOW]

Upvote 0
Hey Joey,

I love the King James Bible it's great. But I am not convicted of the KJV-only position. Sometimes I feel the extremists of that belief are saying if you read anything besides KJV you're unsaved. That is what gets my goat.

You know I wonder if we could ever see Christian anime someday. That would be cool!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums