Senators Cassidy and Cruz Introduce Resolution Declaring Antifa a Domestic Terrorist Organization

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Giuliani tried something similar back in NYC in '99 to stop the KKK from holding a march, but a federal court shot him down.

But now... the First Amendment ain't what it used to be, so who knows?

No kidding! Even the president can't say something without Congress officially condemning him for it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure the"race" Squad would welcome a white male that shares their values and wants to see a change. It would probably help if you're an elected member of Congress tho...

I'd have to share the values? How would my presence bring any diversity to the squad if my values have to be the same as theirs?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No kidding! Even the president can't say something without Congress officially condemning him for it.

And we all know how important Congress is to the president...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And we all know how important Congress is to the president...

Hardly the point, which you missed. You had originally said that the First Amendment "ain't what it used to be", remember?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hardly the point, which you missed. You had originally said that the First Amendment "ain't what it used to be", remember?

Indeed -- there was a time when a Congressperson or person of similar stature could call America "a mess" or "sick" or "a laughingstock" without being told to go back where they came from...

these days.... smh.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Giuliani tried something similar back in NYC in '99 to stop the KKK from holding a march, but a federal court shot him down.
Yes, they marched but they weren't allowed cover their faces.
The only reason the police wouldn't give them a permit is because of the NY law against protesting wearing masks.
It's my understanding that Oregon is saying the same thing, no masks.

When it got to the Federal Court of Appeals the KKK lost.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed -- there was a time when a Congressperson or person of similar stature could call America "a mess" or "sick" or "a laughingstock" without being told to go back where they came from...

these days.... smh.

Are these the ones who "love" the country?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Cassidy, Cruz: Antifa is a Domestic Terrorist Organization

WASHINGTON–U.S. Senators Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) today introduced a resolution to the U.S. Senate condemning the violent acts carried out by members of Antifa and calling for the designation of the group as a domestic terrorist organization.

“Antifa are terrorists, violent masked bullies who ‘fight fascism’ with actual fascism, protected by Liberal privilege,” said Dr. Cassidy. “Bullies get their way until someone says no. Elected officials must have courage, not cowardice, to prevent terror.”

Right on schedule.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, they marched but they weren't allowed cover their faces.
The only reason the police wouldn't give them a permit is because of the NY law against protesting wearing masks.
It's my understanding that Oregon is saying the same thing, no masks.

When it got to the Federal Court of Appeals the KKK lost.

Giuliani wanted the march stopped completely; the KKK wanted the "no masks" law overturned -- neither side got exactly what they wanted, so I'd call it a draw.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to share the values? How would my presence bring any diversity to the squad if my values have to be the same as theirs?

If you don't, what use are you to them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've heard a lot about Antifa being a violent group, after reading some of the posts here I checked out some of the relavant info, e.g. with the stats the ADL collates. Here is some data:

Right wing extremists have killed hundreds of US citizens in the last decade. There is no record of a single homicide linked to any Antifa activists.

Antifa doesn't appear to be a group as such, more like a loose association of groups and individuals.

Those elements that coordinate in some way generally do so in response to some other event they want to protest or disrupt, generally reactive rather than proactive.

Sure there are some nuts involved but overall they are far less violent than groups at the opposite end of the political spectrum. Which indicates that the senators involved are so emotionally invested in their own narrative that they can't think straight, or they have some other political reason for this stunt.

The ADL is not an official statistical data gathering org. They are leftwing and naturally their views and data sets are biased. For example, they lump white supremacists in with rightwing as if they are one and the same. Not true. Most on the right are not supremacists. They consider almost all mass shootings to be rightwing since they use guns. Completely absurd. They assume that virtually all anti-Semitic violence and killings to be coming from the right. Again, not true. In reality, there have been several high profile anti-Semitic incidences and faked hate crimes that were committed by Jews and those on the left. And we can't overlook all the leftwing anti-Semitic rhetoric by the democrats in Congress. The ADL completely ignores all that. But to go to bat for Antifa which is a violent, terrorist organization is incredible. I guess politics really does make strange bedfellows!

A long list of faked hate crimes from the left:

fakehatecrimes.org

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't think a diverse group can have shared values?

If they can't have differing values, then where's the diversity that's so important?

Upvote 0