✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Senator Ted Kennedy dies at 77 - Edward Kennedy, 1932-2009- msnbc.com

To the American public, Kennedy — known to friends and foes alike simply as Ted — was best known as the last surviving son of America's most glamorous political family, father figure and, memorably, eulogist of an Irish-American clan plagued again and again by tragedy.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am profoundly thankful for the life of Senator Kennedy, for all the causes he has championed and goals he has accomplished in his long, passionate career.

May others step forward to carry his banner.

May he rest with the angels, and may his family and friends be comforted.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Senator Kennedy helped my family years ago, when my father became a paraplegic at age 43. My mother had 4 boys at home, with my oldest brother in the Army, over in Okinawa on his way to Vietnam.

She called Kennedy's office, and he called back to assure her that he would get my brother home. Sure enough, in two days my brother was home, and was shortly put on in active duty.

If not for that action by Ted Kennedy, we would've lost our house. There was no welfare at that time.

Also, years ago, I sent and email to Ted Kennedy's office, telling him I opposed a vote he was taking, and ask to have him reconsider. I also emailed John Kerry and my rep, John Olver. Kennedy's office is the only one to respond, and to explain why he was taking the position he was taking. I still didn't agree, but at least his office had the decency to acknowledge my email.

Jim

Reactions: CaDan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

EDB

Still crazy after all these years !
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2005
The Villages
✟51,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Deo_Adiuvante

Aug 20, 2009
✟7,783.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I figured this would come up. Senator Kennedy, love him or hate him, was a man who had a lot of demons to overcome in his life. He did a lot of good in the senate, but like all politicians he was deeply flawed. I can’t say I agreed with him on most anything. He was a lion to some, a bully to others. He is also a child of God. Whether or not you think he was on the side of the angels or a devil, what matters is that we pray for his soul. Give him that, because some day we’ll be judged when our own time comes. And I don’t know about you, but I hope that when my day comes, people forget about my sins and pray for me as well. Let us not forget our Lord’s undying grace and forgiveness!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I Pray for the soul of Ted kennedy. We called him Uncle Teddy here in Massachusetts. For those who did not know him, he did yeomans work for the poor and downtrodden. He supported workers rights, and care for those who lived on the margins of society.

Did I agree with everything he did ? No. But we will all pass, and none are righteous, no not even one.

Reactions: CaDan
Upvote 0