Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, why would we ever want to ruin an industry that markets unsafe dosages of stimulants to people with the promise of "getting ripped fast" or selling jars of do-nothing powder at $60/container making empty promises of "building mass", endorsed by some IFBB bodybuilder who misleads people into thinking he got that "jacked" by taking their product (when it was really the result of a product that can't be legally acquired without a prescription)
You seem to believe that the FDA would limit its purview to outlawing "junk" supplements which can be proven unsafe.

Not a chance. Instead, the FDA will outlaw useful supplements which legitimately compete with prescription products ... often being much safer.
The supplement industry in our country is a joke. Many of the things they peddle are either are unsafe, or the polar opposite, they do nothing.
Snake oil is nothing new. It's up to individuals to make informed decisions ... just as they must do when buying any other food.

Some people make good decisions. Some, not so much.
They don't have to prove their claims are true, nor do they have to disclose what's in their product. They can hide the ingredients under a line-item called "proprietary blend" and thanks to guys like Hatch, can get away with it with total immunity.
You are incorrect ... or resorting to deliberate hyperbole with that statement.

Food products must accurately label the ingredients.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Supplements do not have to disclose every ingredient provided that they claim that revealing it would expose 'trade secrets' that competitors could steal.

Did you watch the video?

Not a chance. Instead, the FDA will outlaw useful supplements which legitimately compete with prescription products ... often being much safer.

Care to provide an example of what you're referring to?

Snake oil is nothing new. It's up to individuals to make informed decisions ... just as they must do when buying any other food.

That becomes a little tricky when people are selling you a bottle that looks like this:

upload_2018-1-3_13-31-34.png

upload_2018-1-3_13-32-26.png

...in order to make "informed decisions", one must first be able to get "information". Which means companies shouldn't be able to willfully withhold info on the grounds that 'it's protecting a trade secret'

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, because the Obama legacy was still there in part.

Donald hand-picked many of his own cabinet.... who either resigned or were fired by him.

And for what it's worth, Donald begged Hatch not to retire... so if I were you, I wouldn't tout his retirement as "draining the swamp."

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald hand-picked many of his own cabinet.... who either resigned or were fired by him.

And for what it's worth, Donald begged Hatch not to retire... so if I were you, I wouldn't tout his retirement as "draining the swamp."
The guess is still a good one, but I have never said that it definitely was so. But the draining of the swamp is under way.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But the draining of the swamp is under way.

Right...

Nothing says "getting the corrupt money out of politics" like stacking your team with a bunch of rich people with intimate ties to persuasive financial interests.

When Trump and his supporters say "drain the swamp", what they're actually referring to is keeping the swamp, but replacing the liberal alligators with ultra-conservative ones.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The information I have shared comes from a white house insider who calls himself, "Q". He has been posting information on a message board with many calling themselves Anonymous, or Anon for short. If you want to know more about this information, simply type in "Q-Anon" under videos in your search engine and you will find many videos on the topic. These postings have began on Oct 31 and stopped Dec 21.

I referenced an article on Trump's executive order. For those who would like to read the EO (it is a short read) you can find it on the White House website here.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right...

Nothing says "getting the corrupt money out of politics" like stacking your team with a bunch of rich people with intimate ties to persuasive financial interests.

When Trump and his supporters say "drain the swamp", what they're actually referring to is keeping the swamp, but replacing the liberal alligators with ultra-conservative ones.

See my comment above.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The relevance is the likelihood that Senator Hatch was a closet traitor. Do I know this? No, I do not know specifically about Hatch, but I do know that these mass resignations are part of the Trump clean up, so the odds are he is a dirty politician.

LOL

Is that why Trump publicly asked Hatch to not retire?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The information I have shared comes from a white house insider who calls himself, "Q". He has been posting information on a message board with many calling themselves Anonymous, or Anon for short. If you want to know more about this information, simply type in "Q-Anon" under videos in your search engine and you will find many videos on the topic. These postings have began on Oct 31 and stopped Dec 21.

I referenced an article on Trump's executive order. For those who would like to read the EO (it is a short read) you can find it on the White House website here.
Q-Anon,AKA:
200w.gif

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As I said, I do not know. However, I do know that 10,000 sealed indictments have been issued. I also know that the corruption in DC is deep and many that we think have been good politicians have been wearing a facade. Trump gave a kind tweet to Hatch. However, it is unclear whether it was sincere or simply a political courtesy.
He's 83 years old and felt it time to retire. Isn't that a good enough reason to declare he's not going to run again? For myself, I plan to be retired way before 83. Your presumption about the evils of Orrin Hatch are calumnity, a very serious thing in itself. He has a right to his good name until it can be proven he did something nefarious.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...in order to make "informed decisions", one must first be able to get "information".

It's amazing how so many people who claim to love free markets conveniently forget this little detail.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's amazing how so many people who claim to love free markets conveniently forget this little detail.

Yep, it's also ironic that the people who claim to hate the exploitative behavior of big pharma the most (based on the idea that the substance is potentially harmful and people don't know what they're taking all the time), want to let another industry do essentially the same thing, simply because it's the alternative to the aforementioned entity. (IE: big pharma = bad; therefore anything alternative must = good).

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's 83 years old and felt it time to retire. Isn't that a good enough reason to declare he's not going to run again? For myself, I plan to be retired way before 83. Your presumption about the evils of Orrin Hatch are calumnity, a very serious thing in itself. He has a right to his good name until it can be proven he did something nefarious.
Time will tell.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You seem to believe that the FDA would limit its purview to outlawing "junk" supplements which can be proven unsafe.

Im not sure i follow your argument.
1) consumers need to make informed opinions
2) companies should NOT be made to properly inform their customers.

Perhaps there is some kinda nuance im missing?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Im not sure i follow your argument.
1) consumers need to make informed opinions
2) companies should NOT be made to properly inform their customers.

Perhaps there is some kinda nuance im missing?
Comprehensive truth in labeling laws already exist for food products. If there are issues with existing laws then those laws need to be revised.

We don't need a greatly expanded FDA deciding the efficacy, suitability to purpose, and potential side effects for every food based supplement.

Upvote 0