Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The senate seems to think the Russian meddling is real. 97-2. Time to disband this disloyal organization.

Senate GOP, Dems agree on new sanctions on Russia

Cute, but no one denies that Russia meddles in elections. They do it, we do it, Israel does it, etc. The issue has always been the blind faith in them being the source of the DNC and Podesta hacks when the FBI, etc never had any opportunity to look at the computers.

Also, the sanctions have only a little bit to do with meddling, and more to do with stuff like the Ukraine. Putin is a tin horned dictator, but he is not the devil like Neo-con and Neo-Libs pretend he is.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When the time comes will Trump sign it?
Probably. He wants the Iranian sanctions. And even if he wanted to throw the baby out with the bathwater, it would be pointless. The bill has more than enough support to override his veto.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article itself said that the White House didn't want to ease sanctions?
I guess I've gotten so used to Trump changing his mind at the drop of cap, or his staff saying one thing and then he says something different that I don't trust what they say.
What has come out of the White House has been a maybe too many times.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"The amendment to the underlying Iran sanctions bill maintains and substantially expands sanctions against the government of Russia in response to the violation of the territorial integrity of the Ukraine and Crimea, its brazen cyberattacks and interference in elections, and its continuing aggression in Syria," said Republicans and Democrats on the committees.

I'm amazed that all the Republicans and Democrats could continue speaking in unison for such a long sentence.

Seriously, they couldn't source a name to this, or specify that it comes from a prepared statement? Pretty shoddy writing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums