Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sen Graham explains why he thinks the impeachment case to be a very weak one with no real foundation.
M-Bob

There was a CNN commentator -I forget who exactly- who said that the "Republicans are winning". I feel like we're going to get another glass half full/half empty impasse.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was a CNN commentator -I forget who exactly- who said that the "Republicans are winning". I feel like we're going to get another glass half full/half empty impasse.

I would not have expected that comment coming from CNN. Makes a Trump supporter feel real good.

You think this impeachment may soon be put to rest?
Trump found innocent?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would not have expected that comment coming from CNN. Makes a Trump supporter feel real good.

Trump found innocent?
M-Bob

I don't think "put to rest" is how I would describe it. Over, yes. I don't know if it will go longer than Friday. But it's only going to end in each side claiming victory. The cries of "the deck was stacked" and "the trial was rigged" is going to come from the losing side. At this point that will be the Democrats.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Trump found innocent?
M-Bob
I'm fairly certain it will be raised during the next election somehow. I believe there is a fair amount of population who believe that the standards set for the due process of law are just a smoke screen that this President is hiding his nefarious plans behind.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Liz Peek: Showboating Schiff scuppers impeachment trial – here's how he failed to make a case

Adam Schiff’s dream has come true: the House Intel chair is finally the center of attention. That’s bad news for Democrats.

As lead impeachment manager presenting the House’s case to the Senate, Schiff managed to offend senators in the chamber, insult voters and, when it was clear his endless hours of presentations had failed to harness GOP votes or alter public opinion, descend into hysterical hyperbole. It was quite the hat trick.

Schiff impugned the integrity of GOP senators, saying they had been warned that if they voted with Democrats their “head(s) will be on a pike,” hinting that they were subject to political blackmail. Angry Republicans protested it was not true, causing Schiff to backpedal, but the damage was done.

Last but not least, Schiff resorted to fear-mongering, suggesting that Trump’s delay of aid to Ukraine endangered our national security, saying it meant “that we can fight Russia over there, and we don't have to fight Russia here…” The statement was widely mocked on social media; as Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said, “Trump gave them missiles, Obama gave them blankets.”

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Trump found innocent?
M-Bob
Dems have been trying to lynch Trump even before he stepped foot in office. We should expect the closer we get to November, the harder they will be swinging.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Schiff impugned the integrity of GOP senators
^_^ The same senators who both swore an oath to judge the facts impartially and declared that they were going to acquit weeks before they heard any testimony? What integrity?

Well, integrity has two meanings - being honest and being undivided. So, technically, if you go with the second meaning, they have integrity... ^_^

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, integrity has two meanings - being honest and being undivided. So, technically, if you go with the second meaning, they have integrity...

Classic reaching

And quid pro quo has 1 meaning, as does the term "no quid pro quo" as Adam Schiff so eloquently made clear when his lies caught up with him.

It's a done deal, Dems....get over it.

^_^

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

^_^

They have the hardest time with that.
Still trying to reverse the last election.
Tell them -- new one coming soon.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They have the hardest time with that.
Still trying to reverse the last election.
Tell them -- new one coming soon.
M-Bob

It's actually phenomenal that people in such a place of authority can be so delusional...even scary.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Classic reaching

And quid pro quo has 1 meaning, as does the term "no quid pro quo" as Adam Schiff so eloquently made clear when his lies caught up with him.
He's not the liar. For some bizarre reason, you guys seem to be arguing that there is no quid pro quo unless those specific words are used. That's not usually how it works.

For some reason, you feel it is appropriate to label people as "Dems" willy nilly. So much for any claim of accuracy you might make. ^_^

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's actually phenomenal that people in such a place of authority can be so delusional...even scary.
I know, right? Time to call out the 25th Amendment.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Liz Peek: Showboating Schiff scuppers impeachment trial – here's how he failed to make a case

Adam Schiff’s dream has come true: the House Intel chair is finally the center of attention. That’s bad news for Democrats.

As lead impeachment manager presenting the House’s case to the Senate, Schiff managed to offend senators in the chamber, insult voters and, when it was clear his endless hours of presentations had failed to harness GOP votes or alter public opinion, descend into hysterical hyperbole. It was quite the hat trick.

Schiff impugned the integrity of GOP senators, saying they had been warned that if they voted with Democrats their “head(s) will be on a pike,” hinting that they were subject to political blackmail. Angry Republicans protested it was not true, causing Schiff to backpedal, but the damage was done.

Last but not least, Schiff resorted to fear-mongering, suggesting that Trump’s delay of aid to Ukraine endangered our national security, saying it meant “that we can fight Russia over there, and we don't have to fight Russia here…” The statement was widely mocked on social media; as Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said, “Trump gave them missiles, Obama gave them blankets.”

The only Senators he offended were those helping Trump obfuscate the facts.

The only voters he insulted are those that have thrown their lot in with a dishonest, corrupt, con man.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only voters he insulted are those that have thrown their lot in with a dishonest, corrupt, con man.

True I remember that famous line you can keep your doctor.
My mother did not get to keep hers.
Thank goodness I have a great medical plan.
One that saw through the deception.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
True I remember that famous line you can keep your doctor.
My mother did not get to keep hers.
Thank goodness I have a great medical plan.
One that saw through the deception.
M-Bob

You know something Bob, Obama shouldn't have said that. It wasn't accurate and politicians should be called out when they lie or deceive. Obamacare also however provided coverage to 20 million Americans who previously didn't have it, so I think that's also worth remembering on balance.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's not the liar. For some bizarre reason, you guys seem to be arguing that there is no quid pro quo unless those specific words are used. That's not usually how it works.

Seem to be? I'm not arguing that.

For some reason, you feel it is appropriate to label people as "Dems" willy nilly. So much for any claim of accuracy you might make.

No labeling, I was talking to, well...Dems.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Daisy, a poster in another thread on this board said that unless Parnas literally stated on the recording that he was lying to Trump about Ambassador Yovanovich's statements about the President then that means he wasn't lying. Yeah, they think this is how it works, lol!

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0